shape
carat
color
clarity

FI''s gift tto you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
What is it/was it?

Chris is stressing out because he wanted to get me earrings but I wanted something costumey and substantial, not studs. I mentioned that a necklace might be nice, but we''re talking a $3-400 budget, which would likely only buy the setting.

So we''re stuck on ideas. Help please!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
mine is going to be a watch. neiman marcus has some fantastic "costumey" diamond jewelry in that range. some beautiful diamond bangles, bigger earrings david yurman earrings too. i didn''t see many good necklaces though!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
um, i''m an idiot! i misread your range. i looked and blue nile has some pretty pearl necklaces and bracelets, and a diamond pendant in that range too! they all look great!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if you''re a fan of pearls. I''ve been spending way too much time in that forum lately, and you can get really great stuff for your price range. I was surprised at how beautiful the freshwaters are, especially the branded "gem quality" ones. I''d never seen freshwaters that look like akoyas before. I don''t know what I''ll ask for for a wedding present, or what my budget will be.
31.gif
Something with pearls sounds pretty nice to me though....

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 12:06:50 PM
Author: Kelli
I don''t know if you''re a fan of pearls. I''ve been spending way too much time in that forum lately, and you can get really great stuff for your price range. I was surprised at how beautiful the freshwaters are, especially the branded ''gem quality'' ones.

This, this, this. A beautiful strand of pearls is what I''d ask for. I wore my late grandmother''s on my wedding day and they were the perfect wedding dress accessory.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Pearls would be nice I guess...they''re not really me though. And I really didn''t want to wear a necklace because I have such huge earrings and a chunky bracelet and dress straps. It would be waaaayyyy too much I think. Ugh!
7.gif

Thanks for the suggestion though. I''m trying to find a gemstone pendant or something. Suggestions of where to look? Still looking for other ideas too. Thanks.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some great jewelers on etsy that can make you something beautiful with colored stones in that price range. For example, these earrings are definitely substantial and very fun:
http://juliakaytaylor.com/
She's actually making me a pendant soon. I started a thread over in the Colored Stone forum (which is a nice place to go if you're interested in a gemstone pendant)

And there are these from Sally at Hearts of Water:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25165148

My fiance and I actually aren't doing wedding gifts. We both have enough on our plates that we decided that wedding gifts would just be one more thing to have to worry about, so we decided to forgo them.
1.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 2:57:01 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 6/8/2009 2:14:35 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Something blue?
9.gif
I like that! Am I being ridiculous if I''m worried it might clash with everything?

Yay!
I''m not sure ... Not that good with visualizing, however, it''s likely that it will be quite small and delicate ... enough so that it will not look ostentatious or awful with your dress. In the picture, I''m sure it looks a lot more "present" than it will be in person, right?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock

I''m trying to post a pic of it but cannot for some reason .... Can you post a pic of the front and back of your dress so that we can drool, um, no, um, I meant so that we can try and visualize or maybe someone clever can even try to photoshop it?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
But of course!
9.gif
My face was not good, sorry about the blurring...

The back, just for you Spark.
2.gif

sunnyddress2.jpg

sunnyddress000.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sunny ... As always, you look lovely in the ruffly heavenliness that is your dress.

Is anyone good with Photoshop so that we can try to see if the something blue necklace will work with her dress??

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkalicious, what a great find! Sunny, I think it would look fantastic with your dress.

The one thing I suggest asking yourself is: can you see yourself wearing the necklace after the wedding? I know for a while I was solely concentrating on what would look good with my dress, but in the end chose to wear something I know I would wear time and again after the wedding. If you're spending so much money on a piece of jewellery, you'd want to make the most out of it.

The other thing I would suggest is maybe a DBTY necklace with just a solitaire blue topaz/aquamrine in the middle. Something like this, but made inexpensively custom or through etsy? If you like the style, I can begin a search party on it!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Kama, yes, I definitely want to be able to wear it after the wedding. I LOVE the DBTY necklaces. That''s been the only necklace I''ve really considered from the beginning!
36.gif

Etsy...I didn''t even think of that. Maybe I could do white topaz? Or garnets? Oh, the possibilities! Any vendor recs?

Spark, as always, you know how to make a girl feel good!
5.gif
BTW, I saw the ruffly Luly dress you were talking about, which was not the one I thought it was. Hot mama!! We could have some serious fun in that store.
3.gif
3.gif

RR, thanks for the link. I''m drooling over that cushion bezel. Mmmmm cushion bezel...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results