shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Pictures...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

We plan to take engagement photos with FI''s aunt on Sunday...this is great because she is FREE, but I am at a loss as to what to wear...I had originally thought of trying to wear the wedding colors, fuschia/magenta for me and a light celery green for FI, but we don''t really have too much that goes with those colors that we would LOVE to see ourselves over and over again for these pix.

So, I brought home 3 of FI''s shirts that he looks good in, but now that I have them here, they don''t go with a thing I own and I''m just at a loss. He is certainly not into fashion, so he''ll probably wear whatever I tell him to, but I really want these pictures to look nice.

Unfortunately, neither of us are photogenic (we look GREAT in black & white photos if that tells you anything!) and we look terrible in most of the pictures we have together. I am usually splotchy and oily, he usually either misses the picture being taken or gets so goofy that his top gums show so much all you see is a little bit of teeth, ALL gums and then his mustache...not my favorite look, if you know what I mean!

We both have light hair, tan skin and are both thin. He is 6''4" and I am 5'' 3". I was thinking for the bottom I might be able to wear black capris or walking shorts and put him in black cargo shorts. Weather shows low 80''s for next Sunday, so hopefully it will be a nice day. Any clothing suggestions I won''t hate having worn 5 or 10 years from now?

Thanks for your help!

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
My first thought is that capri''s might visually cut you off in photos instead of elongating your height. (not sure if that makes sense)

I think that engagement photo''s should capture your personal style though. We are going through this same thing and I was determined not to wear jeans because I thought I''d look too casual for the pics. But, then, I realized that I ALWAYS wear jeans and feel great in them, so why not wear them?! Make sure you choose outfits that you feel/look great in, not just something that you would only wear for the pictures.

Some guidelines though, I have always heard to stay away from too much print, and be aware of where your sleeves and skirt/pants hit so that they don''t stop at unflattering places. Look up some photographer''s websites and look at their engagement galleries to get some ideas too.

Hope that helps a little.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, happy...I''ll figure something out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results