shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
My FI and I have decided to go ahead and have engagement photos taken. He really, really wants the bad 70s type (posed in front of one of those brown backgrounds in a studio) because he thinks they're hilarious, but...there's absolutely no way. I've contacted several photographers in the last two days and their prices have been interesting: $450 to $800, so far. I've seen a session and prints as low as $180, so these prices strike me as high. What do you think?

(I know that e-pics are usually included in the wedding package, but we're having engagement photos taken in California and our wedding pictures taken in Dallas, so we're having to use 2 different photographers.)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Mine were $150. But I think at most you shouldn''t pay over $250...after all its just an hour.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2006 3:07:25 PM
Author: appletini
Mine were $150. But I think at most you shouldn't pay over $250...after all its just an hour.
That's true...did yours include photos? A really great photographer just quoted me $350, but it's for shooting time, two rolls of film, a minimum of 50 4X6 photos in an album, my choice of film type and borders, and all the negatives.

Still too high? It's the best deal I've found so far and I love his style.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2006 3:12:08 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 3/17/2006 3:07:25 PM
Author: appletini
Mine were $150. But I think at most you shouldn't pay over $250...after all its just an hour.
That's true...did yours include photos? A really great photographer just quoted me $350, but it's for shooting time, two rolls of film, a minimum of 50 4X6 photos in an album, my choice of film type and borders, and all the negatives.

Still too high? It's the best deal I've found so far and I love his style.
I actually think that's a pretty good deal. My photographer usually charges about 200 dollars for the shoot, but I'm not sure what's included. If you're not getting a photography package I believe his prints are extra (you might get an album in it, but I'm not sure) and you don't get a copy of the negatives, you only get what you can copy of the web-hosted site where he'll post pictures.. I'm not really sure though. I'll have to check it out when I get home. He also spends more than an hour shooting. I think our engagement session took about 3 hours.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Those pictures are fabulous!
1.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Hm... I *think* my photographer charges around $300 for an engagement session... but in any case I wouldn''t pay more than $500...

EBree you are such a tease - I thought from the title of this thread you had pics to show us!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2006 8:24:49 PM
Author: flopkins

EBree you are such a tease - I thought from the title of this thread you had pics to show us!!!
Oh no, I didn''t even think about that when I titled the thread!
19.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
EBree--my wedding photographer does engagement sessions for $165. You get 30 5x7s and 1 11x14. (This is in LA, btw)

http://www.marvingodfrey.com/engageprice.html

He''s the nicest guy--not arrogant at all like all the other wedding photographers I met! We didn''t use him for our e-pics b/c our friend wanted to "practice" by doing our''s. Do you want me to check and see how much our friend would charge?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results