shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Photo Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
My F1 and I had our pre wedding shoot this past Saturday. Normally the photographer would do this a few weeks before the wedding but we opted to do it now (eight months before) because we wanted to include all of our dogs and our yellow lab is 13 and probably won''t be around in 8 months, sadly.

As I predicted my F1 and the dogs look gorgeous and I look hideous; I can''t even tell I have lost 37 pounds on them. Still it gives me time to lose a whole lot more!

www.crashtaylor.com

click on the centre picture for blog and we should come up Samantha and Nicholas

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Those pictures are beautiful - and you look terrific in them!!! I''m completely jealous of your 37-pound-loss; I''ve been trying to lose since we got in engaged - I lost 10 pounds in February and have lost and regained the same 1 pound ever since. . . it''s driving me crazy!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Samantha, you and your FI are a gorgeous couple! You look beautiful! We''re our own worst critics, aren''t we? I love the photos and you look smashing.
1.gif

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
Samantha Red - You look beautiful! You''re glowing! Congrats!!

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
We are definitely our own worst critic! I think the pictures are beautiful - you can really tell you two are happy together, which is the most important thing I look for in engagement photos...you can sometimes tell if the couple is faking their smiles. I love your dogs too - ADORABLE!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think the pictures are gorgeous and you look lovely in them!! I know its so hard, but try to recognize how beautifully those photos capture you all as a family, and the love between you and your FI, and not focus on any particular weight-related issues (easier said than done, I know). But they are lovely pictures, and your weight honestly did not strike me in any of them - what struck me was how in love you and FI look, and how happy and well-cared for your dogs are, and how they are so clearly part of your family
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
You needed to lose almost 40 lbs?! You look beautiful please don''t lose a ton more weight! I think you look just as good as FI and well better than the dogs because they may be adorable, but they are dogs.
2.gif
Beautiful, beautiful!! Thanks for sharing, your photographer is awesome!
36.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Samantha,

You look radiant, and beautiful, there is nothing hideous about you. It''s so easy to pick at all our little defects in pictures, but don''t do that to yourself.
7.gif
You are engaged, you''re happy, you''re beautiful.

Congratulations on your weight loss, give yourself some credit for that! I don''t think you need to lose any weight, but that is always a personal decision. Just don''t get discouraged by these pictures, if you feel you don''t look as slim as you''d like. Like Amber said, what is striking is how in love and happy you and your FI look, and how adorable your dogs are - you''re the only one who sees other things other than that.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your words of wisdom. Of course you are all so right; I should be appreciating how lucky I am and how happy we are. We are so blessed to have our girls and each other and I have done really well to lose that much weight since the end of January. I should count all of my blessings; not concentrate on how ''bad'' I think I look.

Thank you so much for helping me see that

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your photos! They''re beautiful and you look amazing in them. Congratulations on your weight loss-that''s a huge amount to lose!

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I love your photos! I think you look amazing and I''m sure with an objective eye, you can really notice your weight loss. Its so easy to be critical of ourselves, especially in pictures. I most especially love the picture of you both in front of the water with the ducks. It looks like you guys were naturally laughing! They are all so beautiful, though. Thank you for sharing them with us!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2008 12:18:17 PM
Author: Samantha Red
Thank you all for your words of wisdom. Of course you are all so right; I should be appreciating how lucky I am and how happy we are. We are so blessed to have our girls and each other and I have done really well to lose that much weight since the end of January. I should count all of my blessings; not concentrate on how ''bad'' I think I look.

Thank you so much for helping me see that
Good for you - that takes so much effort!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
There were people in those photos? Sigh, dog envy is a terrible disease, it might just kill me. You two are gorgeously happy and so in love! Excellent that the hounds were also captured in good health and spirits. You will treasure these photos in the future.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
You look fantastic! I agree with the others, we are our own worst critics!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look stunning! My favorite pic is the one with you and your FI leaning against the blue green wall-you both look positively elated. And my next favorites are the one after that where you''re kissing and the last one where he''s kissing you neck.

Seriously, you both look gorgeous!!! Not to even mention the doggies!! Who are adorable too!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
You and your fiance look fantastic in these photos! You make a very cute couple. Please don''t worry about any weight issues--you really look great. If you couldn''t lose another ounce before the wedding, you would still look incredible.

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
Samantha, those look amazing! I think you look great, especially after working so hard to lose weight. I think you and FH look wonderful and so happy.

Congratulations!
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 2:04:18 PM
Author: swimmer
There were people in those photos? Sigh, dog envy is a terrible disease, it might just kill me. You two are gorgeously happy and so in love! Excellent that the hounds were also captured in good health and spirits. You will treasure these photos in the future.
9.gif
Samantha, I had to come back again to look at your photos. Yep, still gorgeous!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 4:19:37 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett

Date: 7/21/2008 2:04:18 PM
Author: swimmer
9.gif
Samantha, I had to come back again to look at your photos. Yep, still gorgeous!
Bless you Zoe that is so kind. I hope I look as radiant as you did on my wedding day.

One of my other fears was the age difference being really obvious in the photos; I am 42 and Nick is 32, but I think the photographer may have done some clever things because I didn''t think it showed that much

Thanks everyone again for your amazing kindness - you certainly know to make a girl feel good
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results