shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Gift Q

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
We happened to see an aunt and uncle of FI''s over Easter, and they gave us an engagement gift. It''s a Cuisinart food processor, and it holds about 2 cups. We registered for a 12 cup processor. Now, I''m grateful for the 2 cup one, and will probably use it for more everyday type stuff, but I was just wondering, if FI''s aunt comes to the shower and sees me get a 12 cup processor, would that look bad? Should I take the 12 cup one off the registry even though I''d still like it for more massive cooking projects? If not, what do I say if she brings up the fact that I already got a processor from her? And please yell at me if I''m just being paranoid...this woman really intimidates me for some reason...when I told her one of my bm''s is pregnant, she honestly asked "doesn''t that violate the contract you had them sign!"

snuggles1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 6:35:07 PM
Author:Sabine
We happened to see an aunt and uncle of FI''s over Easter, and they gave us an engagement gift. It''s a Cuisinart food processor, and it holds about 2 cups. We registered for a 12 cup processor. Now, I''m grateful for the 2 cup one, and will probably use it for more everyday type stuff, but I was just wondering, if FI''s aunt comes to the shower and sees me get a 12 cup processor, would that look bad? Should I take the 12 cup one off the registry even though I''d still like it for more massive cooking projects? If not, what do I say if she brings up the fact that I already got a processor from her? And please yell at me if I''m just being paranoid...this woman really intimidates me for some reason...when I told her one of my bm''s is pregnant, she honestly asked ''doesn''t that violate the contract you had them sign!''

I say keep the 12 cup on your registry. There is a huge difference between 2 and 12. I have both and the 2 is great for small things and you don''t have to deal with all the cleanup. If she asks, just tell you like and need both!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
They are very different sizes and have different purposes, so I don''t think she''d be upset that you want the bigger one too. Could you imagine using the little one for big jobs? No way! I think it will be ok.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are two different things. I have a little mini chopper I ADORE, I registered for an upgrade of my full size, have a hand mixer and a blender update on my registry as well.

cara

Ideal_Rock
No get them both! They are NOT interchangable.

There are small tasks for which we still use the mini-processor. If you are just chopping up a cup of salsa or so, the big one is inefficient and oversized. And there are large tasks when we bust out the big processor and I am grateful, as I remember messily and tediously doing multiple batches when we only had the little guy.

Rest assured, they are both useful to own.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results