shape
carat
color
clarity

Dried Flower Ideas Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Whoo hoo! My first "bride" topic!
emteeth.gif
I have an idea I wanted to bounce off all of you, so opinions are needed!

My fiancee and I dated almost 7 years before we got engaged and we are going to get married shortly before our 9 year anniversary.

I''ve been saving all of the roses he''s ever gotten me and I always had the intention that I would incorporate them into my wedding somehow (I had a lot of fore sight at 15
2.gif
). He''s very generous with flowers, so I have more dried roses than I even know where to put in the house right now.

So I was thinking that I could use all of these petals for our flower girl to throw on the aisle. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that wouldn''t work for a number of reasons.

One, we are most likely not getting married in a church, so I''m not sure how much an aisle we''re going to have.
Two, dried petals are extremely brittle and would most likely become dried rose confetti after people walked all over them!

So I was trying to think of another way to incorporate the flowers into the wedding. The only thing I could come up with was centerpieces - but I couldn''t really envision anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
woohoo! welcome to bww! i would say welcome to the dark side, but looking back, as crazy as wedding planning is, and as easy as it is to fall into the bridezilla category, its hard to compare to the craziness experienced while we were LIWS! Anyway as far as you roses go, an idea is to make them as part of your guest book table. I''ve seen girls do a display with pics of the couple (engagement pics, baby pics, crazy adolescent or teen years pics) or pics of their parents/grandparents/relatives weddings and I think your dried roses would look gorgeous displayed here. If you can get all the pics into like tarnished-ish silver franes or the pewter frames witht he dried roses, it would give the display this vintage-y feel tha i think would be very romantic and heighten the whole sentimentality of the display.

You could also make them into clusters for aisle markers. Or do the Martha Stewart thing where you find this tin pails and use a ribbon to loop it around the chairs/pews and you can just drop bunches of the roses there to mark the aisle (but this might depend on your color scheme).

wed_fa99_goodthings_01_l.jpg

Super easy and so pretty.

You could also use them to decorate your seating cards table. Two ideas:
1) Get large flat styrofoam in whatever shape and hot glue or pin the rose heads to the top and sides to make a solid sea of roses. Place the seating cards on top to have a pretty background to hold the cards.

2) Even easier, either just cover the tables in the dried rose petals and place the cards on top, or arrange the cards in rows with the petals arranged in thick beds in between (hmmm, I don''t think I''m describing this correctly). You know how people sometimes just line their outer edges of their aisles with petals? Some people just have a few and some have a tons in a long "pile"? Do that between your rows of cards. If you''re up for a more labor intensive project, make garlnds of the rose to place in bewtween.

Or you could make welcoming wreaths or flower covered initials to hang in front of wherever the ceremony will be. Same techniques as the solid sea of roses for your place cards.

I have pics of these ideas somewhere, just have to find them. I''ll post them if I can.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a pic of one of the card tables i was talking about. not crazy about the center arrangement though.

cardtable1.jpg

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ginger! So many ideas, I''m not a very creative bride
2.gif

I really like the idea of placing the seating cards on top of a sea of roses (bed or roses, perhaps!). I think I would have enough flowers for that, and my original plan for colors included black, red & white, about 90% of my flowers would match. Most of my roses are red & pink, so the pink ones could coordinate.

Hmm, so many ideas, I just have to convince my fi to let me use all of the roses he bought me!

Thanks for your help!!!
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about doing something with sachets? Adding scents maybe and giving away as favors either at your bridal shower or the reception?

flowersachetforwebthumb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results