shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress Shopping Take 2! The suggested Casablanca...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, so dress shopping again. BUT I think the Casablanca one that everyone suggested and liked is actually great! I tried on probably 50 dresses, at all different pricepoints and in all different shapes, and this was the resounding favorite from my MOH, other good friend, and the two sales consultants. And I know they were being truthful because I had 2 $1500+ dresses in contention, and they said they liked this one better and its only $599!

So....what do you ladies think? I don't have back pictures because they're virtually useless since the sample had to be clipped on in back. But the back is simple, with just buttons running down the back, and NO ruching on the butt like the other one.

The shiny bits are beads, if I DO order this dress I will order it in ivory without the beads.

And excuse me groping myself here, but I thought this picture showed the flow of the dress the best.

Calliedress1.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
with the second pic you look so beautiful, it''s a keeper in my book!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it!!! Looks expensive & couture-ish w/o breaking the bank! ADORE that it ISN''T strapless .... (i swore I wouldn''t do strapless yet did ... *blush*)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s gorgeous. It''s extremely flattering to your figure and it''s also just a beautiful design. I think you may have found it!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Deco...looks way more expensive than the price. Your body language looks relaxed and at home in that dress, and it looks great on you!
1.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
MUCH better! The drap looks lovely and it fits your body very nicely. Completely different look than the first one you showed us. This is really nice!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray! I''m so glad it worked out. It looks absolutely stunning on you.

How do YOU feel in it??

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 1:13:04 AM
Author: SeattleSparkle
Hooray! I'm so glad it worked out. It looks absolutely stunning on you.

How do YOU feel in it??

Good question. The dress is absolutely gorgeous. But since I'm a jeans and t-shirt or shift dress kind of girl, it's hard to wrap my head around wearing such a big fluffy dress. But my own neuroses aside, I love this dress much more than any other I have tried on...or bought for that matter.
2.gif

It's been a big hurdle for me to find a dress believe it or not. There are NOT many wedding dresses out there that are not adorned with ruffles and bows and beads and crystals. And not that there's anything wrong with those things, they're just not me. So I am THRILLED to have a dress that I love, that's not expensive, AND that is comfortable to wear.

So...overall I feel great about it!

I'd rather spend that $ on bling or a better honeymoon!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah! That''s the one, for sure!!! I love it, it''s similar to the other one but much better for your figure in the overall design, definitely a keeper!!!
36.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Well, then it sounds like a winner! Congratulations! You will be a beautiful bride in that dress. The style fits your shape really well.
36.gif
36.gif

xapora

Shiny_Rock
Wow, this one DEFNITELY looks like a keeper! It hugs in all the right places, I think it looks great on you.
36.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Wanted to add my love for the dress too! It is really something!! Great choice! I agree it looks quite couture.

DKS

Oh, on the pose thing...that both hands on the boob thing...not loving it! tee hee...
emwink.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Totally dig it!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
oohh I LOVE it!! It''s absolutely gorgeous and suits you so well!!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
My GAWD you look SOOOOOO fabulous in THAT gown!!! Seriously..........RUN for your pocketbook and BUY THAT GOWN!!!!

The neckline is beautiful. The ruching is perfect. The flow is devine. Oh my!!! I''d say even that color on you is perfection!!!!

I have half a mind to go try that piece of art on myself!!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks perfect on you!
30.gif
I definitely agree with you that there are so many gown out there with all sorts of ruffles, beadings, pick-ups... It''s not easy to find the perfect dress for a more laid-back wedding.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
wow!!
36.gif
this dress looks gorgeous on you. its simple, yet not and it looks like any other 1500.00 gown to me. YAY for finding a stunning gown!!
36.gif

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE that dress, and it looks fabulous on you.
I think the ivory will be even more beautiful with your skin tone

congrats on finding a great dress (and a great price!)
gotta love it
36.gif
36.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it! It makes you look so sleek and slim, not that that''s hard since you are, though
2.gif
. I can''t believe it''s only $599! That''s a great price! You really look beautiful in this dress!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU everyone!!!! I made an appointment for tomorrow AM to go get my measurements taken!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Best thing about this dress aside from the price? Is that Casablanca can rush it in 6 weeks for only $80 extra! So for any of you ladies who have left your dress to the last minute like me, check out Casablanca! My dress consultant said that their dresses are constructed very well for being somewhat inexpensive and that they''re quite popular.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Neat it is PERFECT... if you have any doubts at all, squelch them!!! I'm probably biased because it is soooo my style... soft ruching, not super frou-frou, subtle A-line, and the non-strapless makes it a bit unique.... all my favorite qualities in a dress!! But it just fits you gorgeously... and makes "the girls" look fantastic too, if you don't mind my saying!!
6.gif
11.gif

Oh, and I felt the same way about finding a dress that wasn't overly elaborate... it seemed like for every 50 dresses with beading and ruffles and lace and sparkles and pick-ups and a ballgown skirt... there was maybe ONE that was simple without being boring.
20.gif
But you found one... the perfect one!!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO much nicer on you than the other dress! I love it!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
This one just gives you such a great shape - it narrows right at your waist and gives you perfect curves!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh!!!!!! I KNEW it would look fabulous on you!!!!! Gotta say I love Casablanca, and this one is AMAZING on you. Those shoulders are perfect. It looks fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results