carat
color
clarity

Dress is in!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 9:35:41 PM
Author: Pink Tower
I just love your dress. It is so elegant and classic. Did you see the dress the Princess wore this week for her wedding? Your dress reminds me of that in a way, although they are quite different. They both are so elegant, with no beadwork, etc. Very fresh.

Thank you!!!

Yes I did! Another princess wore a plain dress like that, and it has always been my favorite look. When looking at wedding dresses would only consider two types. Either plain, or plain with some lace (no lace head to toe). I was also drooling over that all lace veil. I am sure it is an heirloom.

I considered the all lace veil look, but I don't want to cover the back of the dress.

Here was the veil I was looking at. It is the second one the all lace elbow length.

PS - I always smile when I see your aviator

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is the necklace I am considering

LTFnecklaceidea.jpg

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 9:43:39 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Ha! So you know what it is? You are a member of the secret handshake club!!! I am a Montessori teacher; I love what I do.
Also, I agree that your "look" reminds me of the Kennedy dress. I live one island above the one they were married on. You might like to look at the website of the designer who did their rings. The designer has a shop here; I have the starfish earrings and bracelet. gogojewelry.com

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
And I can borrow a pair of earrings similar to these, except the top stone is round and not a pear.

Diamondpeardrop123.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 9:55:11 PM
Date: 6/24/2010 9:43:39 PM

Author: LtlFirecracker

Ha! So you know what it is? You are a member of the secret handshake club!!! I am a Montessori teacher; I love what I do.

Also, I agree that your ''look'' reminds me of the Kennedy dress. I live one island above the one they were married on. You might like to look at the website of the designer who did their rings. The designer has a shop here; I have the starfish earrings and bracelet. gogojewelry.com

I will check that out.

You are talking to a preschool/kindergarden alum and a former aide. That was a fun job, love the pre-schoolers!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is the headpiece I can borrow

LTFcombsomethingborrow.jpg

gls

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous dress!! I looove the back of it and with adjustments the front will be a knockout too!

Must say I prefer the plain veil, but that has always been my personal style, the lace veil also goes well with your dress.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thank GLS

I am going to force myself to make a decision on the veils this weekend.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
As for filling out the dress: look for something called a "nubra" (they have it at nordstrom) it is a silicone bra that basically sticks to your boobs. I wore this AND had cups put in to my dress, and it quite "transformed" my A-cup figure.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and classic gown! I love the lace trimmed veil with it!! I think it's perfect and not overdone.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
So, did you decide? I love the necklace and the earrings. I also love the headpiece, but I''m not clear how you could do that with the veil.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 9:12:10 PM
So, did you decide? I love the necklace and the earrings. I also love the headpiece, but I''m not clear how you could do that with the veil.

Not sure I can either. But I will get it in 2 weeks when I see the future SIL for the shower and can try.

I am going for the plain veil, I like both looks, but there is a HUGE price difference between the two, and I am not willing to spend it. Now I am just deciding if I want to leave the length fingertip, or make it floor length.

As for the top. I talked to my MOH who had a low backed dress (who also liked the lace veil but said she would not have been willing to spend that much on it). She just had pads sewed into it. Turns out I paid a flat fee for the alterations. So I am going to have them sew pads and then fit the the top to my body.

Rockzilla - I looked at that option. It looks to big for me (although I never tried it on).

Laila 619! Thank you. If I had all the money in the world I probably would have gone with the lace one.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Dress is in!!!

Thought of you this week. Did you see Carrie Underwood's lovely dress? It is the same brand as yours. I live in Georgia, where the wedding was.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Re: Dress is in!!!

Pink Tower said:
Thought of you this week. Did you see Carrie Underwood's lovely dress? It is the same brand as yours. I live in Georgia, where the wedding was.

Hi, nice of you to think of me.

I could only find pics of the top half, but it looks lovely.

I just had my shower and bachelorette party this weekend and got all the accessories from my future SIL. My future MIL also gave me a nice antique pearl and silver bracelet. So it will be fun to figure out what to wear with the dress.

I already had a second fitting. The dress is looking much better, but is still a work in progress.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results