shape
carat
color
clarity

do dads have to match the groomsmen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i''m a little confused on this one--do the dads (or at least my dad) have to match the groomsmens'' tuxes? we''ve heard different things from the stores..

thanks!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i think ours did ONLY because we went with black tuxes and black vest/ties with dh in a white vest/tie. HOWEVER, had the gm been in colored vests and ties, i would have put FIL, my grandfather & uncle in a black vest/tie. they were not groomsmens, so i wouldn''t have wanted to dress them as such.

CaityJ

Rough_Rock
No, they don''t. In general, men participating in the ceremony wear tuxes, but I see no reason why your dad couldn''t have his own "look." I mean, he''s not an usher, he''s your dad!

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Our Groomsmen has brown tuxes, with brown vests and aqua ties...

Our Dads had brown tuxes, brown vests and brown ties... sooo sharp..

It was nice that they had a little bit of their own look.. and NOT so matchy matchy with the groomsmen...

My grandpa who did the ceremony... was in a black tux with a black vest and black and aqua tie...

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I would assume that as long as he isn''t wearing something that will clash with the rest of the bridal party in photos, then it''ll be fine. It''s definitely true that different styles are best suited to different men, so if your dad doesn''t feel comfortable in the jacket style your GM are wearing maybe you can find something similar that won''t stand out too much. Personally I think I''d want to avoid mixing REALLY different styles where one or two of the guys would look like they walked out of a different decade to join the photo (or were photo-shopped in from a different wedding!)

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
FI''s dad and my brother are wearing the same tuxedo and shirt,
but different vests/ties than the gms, and fi

they are all coordinating and various combos of black/gray so nobody will probably notice but it''s nice to give them a slightly different look.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
My Dad did not match the groomsmen. He had been ill and I was fortunate he was present at all. He wore a nice dark suit and it all worked out. I couldn''t have imagined trying to get him into full formal attire!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
My dad and FFIL are wearing exactly what the gm are wearing- black vests with black ties. My FI is wearing the same tux, but with a white vest and white tie. We didnt mean to match our dad's to the wedding party- just tried to keep everything very classic looking....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results