shape
carat
color
clarity

DIY Bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I have been busy making my bracelet when I should have been doing my school work! Well here is the finished product. I was inspired by an expensive version and took the challenge to recreate my own :) Let me know what you think!

alliediybracelet.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thats so impressive! Where did you find all the bits and pieces?

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
The bits come from Antique store, and Macy''s, the pieces come from Beadholique.com and Joann Fabrics!!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! That''s so cool! I would totally buy one of those...could you make another one???? How much?

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think you can talk about selling things on Pricescope I am sorry
7.gif

But you can find me on Projectwedding.com...I am in the forums!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Those look so professional! Now I feel the need to do something creative. To the craft store!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Allie,

I know you can''t solicit things on PS, but would you mind sharing the total cost of your projects? Only if you feel OK doing that, of course!
1.gif

I''ve seen some things in jewelry stores/online/Etsy, and I''m wondering if its a worthwhile endeavor to create my own, or if the savings isn''t ultra-significant when you consider the time involved in making each piece. Then again, time/effort isn''t an issue if you''re someone who really loves to be creative!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful- you are beyond talented
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 4:34:31 AM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
Allie,

I know you can''t solicit things on PS, but would you mind sharing the total cost of your projects? Only if you feel OK doing that, of course!

1.gif

I''ve seen some things in jewelry stores/online/Etsy, and I''m wondering if its a worthwhile endeavor to create my own, or if the savings isn''t ultra-significant when you consider the time involved in making each piece. Then again, time/effort isn''t an issue if you''re someone who really loves to be creative!

Sure the total project for materials ran me about $30, it took about 2-3 hours to get the length just right on the bracelet. Same piece runs anywhere from $100-$160 on etsy so YES it is a worth while endeavor if you are like me and have champagne tastes on a beer budget!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Allie! I love that bracelet - it''s just beautiful! Nice work!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is gorgeous. I''m so impressed that you made it yourself!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Amazingly elegant!
36.gif
Were they hard to put together? Have you done this kind of work before or did you just learn for the wedding?

Any chance of a group shot modeling pic?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Allie that bracelet is amaaaaazing!!! I totally want one now...
9.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Allie, these are beautiful and so professional looking. What great (and oh how I love thrifty) work. I''m impressed you found such great deals for the rhinestone bits. I would have priced the lot of your work at $300 at least.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all of your kind words!!! I REALLY appreciate your kindness!

To answer your questions...No I didn''t make jewelry before but picked it up for the wedding.

The comb is an inspiration of Regina B...normally priced from $200+

The Lariat necklace is an inspiration from Haute Bride...normally priced from $250+

The Bracelet if a Dana Saylor inspiration (she is an etsy designer) priced from $150+

This is really fun to do and I do enjoy making my creations and hope to continue after the wedding! I am already swamped with requests for bracelets by the ladies on Project Wedding! Hahah I am going to be a busy girl through the holiday season! :)

But I recreated this $600 worth of jewelry for under $75 bucks if even that!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Necklace is similar to what Sabine and Courtney wore for their wedding day!

lariatback.jpg

jnrobert

Rough_Rock
So that brooch in the middle of the bracelet is something you picked up at an antique store? I think it is wonderful and wish I could have one similar
2.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, kudos! I love a good deal, and I love good craftsmanship, and this is both - lovely! These are pieces you should be proud of.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this? Wow you could make a fortune off of your DIY work it is beautiful. I love it all!
30.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Allieluv - Amazing work! Great job! Such beautiful pieces you''ve created!! You are so talented!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Allie, your work is beautiful. I love crafty stuff, but I wouldn''t even know where to begin making such artistic, elegant pieces. You have a real talent!

82209mrsw

Rough_Rock
I love your jewelry! Bracelet especially! I found the brooch on ebay, now I just have to figure out how to make it into a bracelet:) Could you tell me where I would find info on making the jewelry?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Those are truly gorgeous pieces, I can''t believe you made them yourself! Well done!!!

I am so unco when it comes to crafty things, I just suck
40.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So clever, well done!!! They turned out great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results