shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you pay your photographer in full BEFORE wedding?

Carats

Shiny_Rock
Just wondering...do people typically pay in full before the wedding or is it usually split up such that a part is given at the wedding or after the wedding??

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Our contract required payment in full 1 week prior to the wedding.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
But I will add that we had to put down a 50% deposit when we booked him and then pay the remaining 50% 1 week prior.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto PPs, although to work with my mom better our photographer let her split it 25,25,50 so it was a little easier on my mom''s wallet.

Carats

Shiny_Rock
So was there any provision in the contract about what if the photographer doesn''t show up? I know that is worst case scenerio but if you pay in full beforehand what about the scenerio that the person is sick or something happens where they can''t make it?

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Mine says that if she is sick or dies someone else of equal caliber will be covering it for us. I am ok with this (not the death part, that would be awful, but she does address it) because I think it would end up being her boyfriend who I almost hired and he is amazing as well.

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Mine requires a 20 percent deposit at signing, and the rest due the day of the wedding. The contract has a clause that if they can''t show up, we get our money back (and we get refunded the unused portion of the deposit if we cancel).

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
We paid in full - had a destination wedding though and everything was handled through our planner.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We paid a deposit upon booking our photographer. The balance is due before the wedding. Our contract says if our photographer is not able to make it to the wedding, he will find a replacement of similar experience or refund our money.

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
We have installments but the last payment, which is about 20% is due when we pick up our proofs after the wedding.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
We paid a 10% deposit, then the rest was split up into equal payment amounts direct debited from my bank account on the first of each month until weddign month. I had the option of paying 50 deposit (last May)/25 January/25 June but for me, it was easier to have the direct debit.

My photogs are from a company of 10 photogs so if either are sick, we get a replacement sent.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
50% deposit upon reserving our wedding date, remainder of balance day of. However, we hired someone who does it on the side, she is wonderful and has her own business.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
We paid a deposit when we booked the date. We discussed the details and paid more than half the week of the wedding, and then paid the rest before receiving the album/picture files.

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
We paid half at the time of signing and the rest 30 days in advance.

I am a photographer and require half at the time of signing and then the remainder 2 weeks before the wedding. I think this is most typical. They want to make sure that the check clears, etc, before they do any work. Understandable!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like I''m the odd one out here, but I love my photographer (so far!) so I''m not to worried about it. We have paid a 20% deposit at signing (10months out) 30% payment (6months out) and will be paying the last 50% in full one month prior to the wedding.

When I type it all out, it seems like a lot in advance, but I wouldn''t have traded my photographer over it.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Ours was a $500 deposit, with the final payment due 1 week before the wedding. Obviously you could break it into payments and pay as you want. But we just paid the final balance last Saturday.

It''s a good thing our deposit was so low, because we booked her and her assistant about a year in advance and my father doesn''t like the idea of paying so much money in advance for a service not to be rendered until several months later.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results