shape
carat
color
clarity

Decor ideas needed for a morning wedding in the forest

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Let me preface this by saying I have wedding fever...

Yes. Me. Wedding fever? How did this happen?!

I remember as recently as six weeks ago I was so laid back about the whole thing... I've done this before, yanno? I'm old and jaded. Not interested in a wedding. We're doing the wedding for his mom, not because we actually want one... His mom did all the preliminary prep for us, she decided on a date and time, she booked the venue and then handed over to us to decide on the final decor and our clothes. Yes, all very low input from us, which is exactly the way we wanted it.

And then I found my dress. I fell in love with a gorgeous, pouffy ivory dress that makes me look like a cupcake but feel like a princess...

It's all been downhill since then.

Now I find myself swept away by wedding madness... And desperately seeking ideas for my morning wedding in the forest. I realise morning weddings are not big in the States but they're quite popular over here. I've been to quite a few, but for the life of me, I can't think of what I thought of the decor. Clearly it didn't make much of an impression.

Oh, our colours are dusky pink and sage green (see attached). We are getting married in the Tsitsikamma forest here in South Africa but we're not really hippy. Well, not very. We're less into natural bark and twine and more into pretty greens and pinks with sparkle! I will come back and attach photos of what we already have so far.

If you lovely Pricescopers could give me some ideas I'd really appreciate that!

Not my pic - merely my colours!jpg.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
How about some of these hanging from the trees?

Pomanders lining the aisle like this would be chic! These pomanders are also lovely and would work with your colors if you subbed in a pink ribbon.

If you still need cake ideas, this one on Martha Stewart Weddings is lovely!

Will it be warm? Lovely fan programs accented with lace on each chair might be a great idea.

Because you'll be in a forest, how about having the guests shower you with rose petals/fresh lavender/etc. as you recess back down the aisle after the pronouncement? Should make for great pictures!

...am I on the right track here? :wacko:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
You are amazing!!!!!

I love those pomanders - they're exactly what I want, thank you! I had no idea they even existed, but now that I've seen them, I. Must. Have.

We're actually having fynbos (an indigenous flower) as confetti (http://www.scatterlings.co.za/confetti.htm) and I'm trying to decide if I want organza bags or hessian... Organza or hessian... Organza or hessian...

It helps that we're having a very, very small wedding - only 28 guests and ourselves - so we don't need too much of anything.

If you have more ideas please do bring 'em!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I had to google hessian! We call it burlap in the US!

I'd use organza...especially if it's shimmery! :love: Either way, if you're using draw-string bags, maybe you can add some crystal beads on the ties to give the bags a little something special? Like these?

What about a parasol? I like this one for you! Perhaps provide some small colorful ones for your guests?

I love the simplicity of this arch to define the altar area, perhaps draped with greenery garlands?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results