shape
carat
color
clarity

Dear Diary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I thought it might be fun to each write a diary entry with what is on your mind with regard to the wedding, marriage etc.

I''ll Start:

Dear Diary,

Even after a long day I lie in bed and my mind will not stop turning. Will I be a good wife? Will I gain 10lbs before the wedding? What have I forgotten? I have been procrastinating on so many things and I need to get my bridesmaids together to go try on dresses. MOH offered to do my hair, but that worries me too. I mean, how do I know whether or not it will hold or frizz on the day. Then again will the stylist that I choose be able to fix it the way I want too. Same thing with the make up artist, if I do my own makeup will it stay? If someone else does it am I going to have a ridiculous rash or look like a clown?

OOh, jewelry, hadn''t even thought about that...sheesh, crap WEDDING BANDS too!

I think we have decided to forgo the tent. Rain in September is pretty unlikely...pray pray pray that it doesn''t rain, and if it does just for a minute. I think we could probably fit everyone on the porch...oh lord, don''t let it rain.

Paper for invitations are on the way, need to find gold ribbon and envelopes and a grape stamp. I really hope they turn out classy and not tacky.

Vows, we are writing our own…I wonder if FI has started his…doubt it, I have some but I am not sure how long, soppy or funny to make it. Guess I’ll put that off too. Lol

These are just some of the things that are ticking around in my head tonight. Thank God for my wonderful mother, she is having a blast off with this stuff....Yawn....

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I''ll play!

Dear Diary,
Why does it seem that all the people I HAVE to rely on to make my wedding come together are becoming unreliable? First, the reception coordinator told me that she is pregnant, and while I''m happy for her, I have to admit that it stinks that she won''t be there to help me with last minute details or to coordinate the day of. I''m sure the reception site will take care of everything, but I really liked having one person taking care of all the details, and now they are spread out between 4.

Why did the music director of our church need to quit? I''d like to finalize all the details of my wedding, but the priest tells me I can''t discuss music choices until the new music director starts, less than 2 weeks before my wedding.

Why does the coordinator at the church need to be going out of town the week of my wedding? And why hasn''t the "backup" coordinator called me back yet?

I keep telling myself not to worry and that all of the details will work themselves out, but I''ve been living in a constant state of stress because it feels like nothing for the ceremony is definite yet. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
dear diary,

will my centerpieces look more hobby lobby than elegant? same with my haircomb. i really want it to look awesome, but all the trials i''ve done so far have sort of sucked. i want to just buy one but there''s no money for it. i wish i could find one secondhand, but even then i bet it would still be like $50. right now it seems impossible that this is all going to come together and that nothing will be forgotten or left at home. what if everybody comes, and we go way over budget? i know it''s not the end of the world but i really dont'' want to - there are so many other things that we need to pay for.

what am i going to do for the berry wreath around the candleholder centerpiece? i like how the berry sprigs looked, but i don''t have enough and they are like $2 a piece before christmas, plus it would be a PITA if not impossible to do them beforehand. i guess i could ask marcy for help, but i don''t know if i''ll just get lectured. i don''t want another lecture.

what on earth am i going to do for shoes? it''s apparently impossible to find dressy green flats that aren''t a million dollars and are the right color. just suck it up and get ivory ballet flats and forget about it. but what about the peridot necklace? what are you supposed to do for that? i have all these terrible hairbrained ideas that never work out. just make it easy on yourself.

my makeup is going to look horrible i have like no eyelids so eye makeup is practically pointless. i''m going to look the same as i do every day. and i always look all red and gross after five minutes anyways. i''m going to be a mess and any makeup that MIGHT have looked okay is going to be smeared anyways. i''m going to look like a hot mess. UGH. and what was i thinking choosing a dropped waist dress? it looks horrible on me in the pictures - i can''t pull that off!

what are you doing spending so much time thinking about this when you know that you''ve got a million things for clinic to think about and your language samples are due? ah, get back to it lex.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh Sabine, how do you sleep at night!? I hope in worst case scenario you have your family to help you out...

Mine won''t be a Dear Diary, but Dear Family

Dear FFIL. We have forgone our wishes of having a ceremony in Japan to please you. Now you are insisting on a Saturday Dinner. Our desired venue is booked for Saturday. Our second choice of venue is $4000 in room charge alone, if it isn''t booked already. You had better keep your word about paying the difference.
No, we don''t HAVE to pay for the groomsman''s tuxes. Please help yourself.
No, we do NOT have to match the number of groomsman with the number of bridesmaids. Please get over it.

Dear FMIL. How many times do I have to tell you that my family knows how to travel. We are NOT scrapping our choice of venue just because it''s not attached to a hotel.
No, we are NOT having a ceremony in a Chinese banquet hall with partitions, where regular restaurant guests are eating.
I don''t care what you say, the ceremony is the most important part to me, my family, and our friends. Just because YOUR guests (whom we have never met, thank you very much) are all Chinese people who cares nothing about weddings except a 12 course meal, we are NOT going to trivialize the ceremony.
I don''t care what politician killed himself 2500 years ago. The day is NOT bad luck in our dictionary. We are already accommodating your superstitions about bad luck in Lunar July. Deal with it.

Dear FI. You missed their office hours yesterday. Please, please, PLEASE keep your word about contacting the venue on time today. You want to negotiate prices, and you know I am no good at that. I know you are busy at work, but you MUST call them during their business hours. I cannot stress enough how important it is to me that we have a venue set by the end of this week.
No, I am NOT going make my relatives do all the work by default. I am going to rely on the wedding coordinator for the most part. And YES, I do understand that I can rely on my family if all fails.

Dear Mother. You say we should save our money for our future. Yet you prefer a Saturday dinner, fresh flowers as opposed to Crystal Bouquets, fancy trail mix favors as opposed to more affordable candies...Please make up your mind.

Dear Father. Thank you for not having an opinion whatsoever.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Choro...right on, sister. I will be doing what you just did soon!!!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 3:51:05 PM
Author: mimzy

Date: 6/18/2008 3:38:50 PM
Author: Stephanie
This is totally just for Mimzy - but I saw these and wondered if they would work. http://www.illuminations.com/jump.jsp?itemID=13742&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=14&iSubCat=113&iProductID=13742

oh my gosh, thank you so much stephanie! unfortunately our colors are super dark red and lime green, so the orangey color wouldn''t really work. thanks again though!
I thought they might be, but took a chance. I''ll keep a look out. And HL just put out all the Christmas stuff. I about fell out when I walked in and was reminded that the wedding will be here in four and a half months!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 3:49:32 PM
Author: choro72
Choro - this made me chuckle
41.gif
Isn't it awesome having these kinds of people in our life - it's makes things so much easier at times. I love your letter by the way. I hope everything works out
9.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 3:49:32 PM
Author: choro72
Oh my gosh Sabine, how do you sleep at night!? I hope in worst case scenario you have your family to help you out...

Mine won''t be a Dear Diary, but Dear Family

Dear FFIL. We have forgone our wishes of having a ceremony in Japan to please you. Now you are insisting on a Saturday Dinner. Our desired venue is booked for Saturday. Our second choice of venue is $4000 in room charge alone, if it isn''t booked already. You had better keep your word about paying the difference.
No, we don''t HAVE to pay for the groomsman''s tuxes. Please help yourself.
No, we do NOT have to match the number of groomsman with the number of bridesmaids. Please get over it.

Dear FMIL. How many times do I have to tell you that my family knows how to travel. We are NOT scrapping our choice of venue just because it''s not attached to a hotel.
No, we are NOT having a ceremony in a Chinese banquet hall with partitions, where regular restaurant guests are eating.
I don''t care what you say, the ceremony is the most important part to me, my family, and our friends. Just because YOUR guests (whom we have never met, thank you very much) are all Chinese people who cares nothing about weddings except a 12 course meal, we are NOT going to trivialize the ceremony.
I don''t care what politician killed himself 2500 years ago. The day is NOT bad luck in our dictionary. We are already accommodating your superstitions about bad luck in Lunar July. Deal with it.

Dear FI. You missed their office hours yesterday. Please, please, PLEASE keep your word about contacting the venue on time today. You want to negotiate prices, and you know I am no good at that. I know you are busy at work, but you MUST call them during their business hours. I cannot stress enough how important it is to me that we have a venue set by the end of this week.
No, I am NOT going make my relatives do all the work by default. I am going to rely on the wedding coordinator for the most part. And YES, I do understand that I can rely on my family if all fails.

Dear Mother. You say we should save our money for our future. Yet you prefer a Saturday dinner, fresh flowers as opposed to Crystal Bouquets, fancy trail mix favors as opposed to more affordable candies...Please make up your mind.

Your whole post made me smile. I think this really helps us get a grip and give us a giggle!
9.gif
28.gif

Perhaps we should all make an effort to partake regularly! hahaha
36.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 3:01:34 PM
Author: Sabine
Oh, I''ll play!

Dear Diary,
Why does it seem that all the people I HAVE to rely on to make my wedding come together are becoming unreliable? First, the reception coordinator told me that she is pregnant, and while I''m happy for her, I have to admit that it stinks that she won''t be there to help me with last minute details or to coordinate the day of. I''m sure the reception site will take care of everything, but I really liked having one person taking care of all the details, and now they are spread out between 4.

Why did the music director of our church need to quit? I''d like to finalize all the details of my wedding, but the priest tells me I can''t discuss music choices until the new music director starts, less than 2 weeks before my wedding.

Why does the coordinator at the church need to be going out of town the week of my wedding? And why hasn''t the ''backup'' coordinator called me back yet?

I keep telling myself not to worry and that all of the details will work themselves out, but I''ve been living in a constant state of stress because it feels like nothing for the ceremony is definite yet. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
It will be, I hope you can sleep better tonight so that tomorrow your mind will be less foggy. Sorry you have to deal with all of these issues, everything happens for a reason and your wedding will be nothing less than fabulous!
36.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to do one choro style!!!

Dear self,
I can''t believe I''m getting married a week from TODAY!
32.gif
Of course my anxiety about flying has kicked right in.
7.gif
I''m glad my mom sent me those two xanax in the mail...but since they were pretty much pulverized into a powder I don''t know how much to take, and I''m afraid of being stopped at the airport! That''d be real nice huh? Bride misses wedding because she''s in jail? lol. Also, I''m scared that taking the xanax will just give me a panic attack--as weird as that sounds.
If I could just get past this flying thing I''d be good to go! Anyway, at least my dress fits now! Whoo..that woman really works miracles. And only $42 bucks! Amazing. Still, I''m afraid I''m going to look really fat in my dress. I can''t pull it off the way sweetpea would...maybe I just won''t show the pricescopers.
2.gif
Right now my biggest fear is not being able to bring my dress on the plane...or worse, forgetting something important to bring on the trip! BREATHE.

Dear FI,
My biggest fear is that we are going to hang out with your rents the whole time we''re there. Please don''t let that happen!

Dear Mom, you have done so much for the wedding, and for that I thank you. But can you please stop saying one thing behind my back and another thing to my face? For instance, when you called and asked if stepdad could wear a short-sleeved dress shirt and dress sandals for our wedding on the beach. I said that I didn''t care, as long as he didn''t feel underdressed since FI''s dad and brother bought new jackets. Then you emailed his family and said that you "finally convinced me" to allow the men to wear dress sandals and short-sleeve shirts and asked if they could please dress accordingly. WHA???? Stuff like that.
2.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Woo, luckystar, your wedding is getting close!

pocahontas, iwannaprettyone, I''m glad I made you guys chuckle. I was laughing myself when I reread what I wrote.
9.gif

We should definitely start writing here whenever we feel overwhelmed. It made me feel a lot better!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Work,

Please stop expecting me to work every single day and be on call almost every single night for the next 5 weeks. When you called me today and asked me to cover all the hospitals instead of going to the research meeting at the fancy hotel with everyone else on the day after my bachelorette party, I wanted to tell you to shove it. If you knew that almost every morning driving to work that I consider getting on the highway, abandoning you, and going to live with fiance, I bet you''d be nicer to me.

Dear Mom,

I know you have the summer off and you think that you can do absolutely everything for the wedding yourself in that time. But in the past you have shown that you are unwilling to make any decisions without multiple inputs from me, despite me saying that I don''t really care. The more projects you take on, the more stressed out it makes me.

Dear Fiance,

I miss you very much and I wish you could be closer. Sometimes I feel like this would all be better if you could give me a big hug, but you can''t.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Me too me too!

Dear...Self a.k.a Sarah,

You should really work out more. You also should really also go to bed early considering you''re always exhausted lately. Being sick or getting sick is really starting to suck, so do something about it please. Oh and your dress is coming in really soon so um..tone those arms? You need a girl''s day out shopping or something, but unfortunately you don''t really have anyone to go with right now. However! You can have a Mom + Sarah day out shopping, which is still very fun.

Dear FI,

I miss you.
39.gif
But as much as I love to hear your voice, I also hate talking on the phone.
14.gif
So frustrating.
38.gif
Oh..and I don''t really feel like going anywhere this weekend. I really just want to sleep.
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
Thank you for caring about the wedding, but not crossing the scary line and taking over. I will be home to see you soon, but I guess until then the phone will have to do.

Dear Bridesmaids,

Hm. I wish you were a bit more involved. Kind of frustrating. I also wish I had more girls to dish all of my wedding ideas to, or discuss a shade of pink or teal with. I know PS people get tired of me after a while.
5.gif
But I still
30.gif
you.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear Diary,
I just can''t believe that it''s less than a year now! I''m really looking forward to it and I am really enjoying the build up. My bridesmaids aren''t hugely involved but as I love planning, it actually suits me. All parents are being great and FMIL is thrilled with what we''ve planned. I just wish that it was sooner. Dress shopping is starting in a few months and need to hit the gym more to get in shape after the holiday!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh this is great.

Dear Diary,

I''m a bit concerned. I''ve been having bad panic attacks at the thought of venues, have been snappish, and frankly I''m scaring myself. Insomnia, panic attacks, nightmares. My anxiety level about the wedding has been a little too high. Everytime I came on the boards I could feel the anxiety and the panic rising... any board. Even the shopping board, and I''ve been snappish and impatient and bitchy on here too (my apologies folks). Oh it''s not the marrying part... it''s the logistics of it. We did book a new venue today. So hopefully I''ll feel a little better soon. I am happy we have found a viable alternative we really like. I hope the tasting in two weeks goes well. And that things from here on out are smooth. John and I were fighting for a week straight, which is unusual for us, about venues... so I''m really hoping this just solves the problem.

I went to my dress fitting. I LOVE my dress... or rather I loved seeing the seamstress bring the potential I saw in the gown to life. It''s going to be lovely and I think it''s quite flattering. I need to go to the city and buy some 3 inch ribbon for the waist of the gown in a couple of weeks.

Other than that. I don''t know... I think everything is on track. I booked our engagement shoot for mid-July. I told the photographer we''ve changed venues. I told the florist and am gonna try to scale back the florals a bit this week to get the budget on them down. Must still tell DJ, DOC, Baker that we''ve changed venues. Told the invite vendor and gave her updated wording.

I just want this over. I want it to be that day. I want to get up, get ready, and marry John... have some lovely times with our family and friends and some wonderful photos... and just move on with life.

90 days. And counting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... so a couple more.

Dear Family,

I know that none of you have planned a wedding in recent memory. This goes for you too, John's family. So please... just stop with the advice. You don't offer to help and on two occassions you have offered, when I have taken you up on it I ended up doing the task myself.

Grandpa and Grandpa:

When you told me you would make it for the ceremony, then want to go home, then MAYBE come back... well. I don't know what to say. I know you are very old, and tire easily... but I was hoping you would stay for the reception. I'll even rent the onsite suite at the new venue so you can rest there. It's handicapped accessible. Plus, I don't know if you realize this... but you are going to be putting SOMEONE I care about and also want to attend the wedding out because they'll have to drive you home, then drive back... missing over an hour of what will only be a 5 hour event. You don't speak english that well anymore (well, you do... but you can't hear very well, assume everyone is speaking Farsi and it all just goes to heck in a handbasket from there) so it's not like I can hire someone to drive you about all night. Although the idea has merit. I'll have to see if the lady you hire for errands during the week is available that night.

Dear Mom,

Please. I KNOW this is an important life decision. But Please. Please figure out this surgery thing and make a decison. I'm 90 days away from my wedding. I need to know if you are going to make it to be there... my only parent to share that day with me... or if you will be in a hospital bed somewhere. I can't bear that thought. So please... make a decision soon. I think this unknown s driving me slowly insane.

Dear Self,
GET A FREAKING GRIP. This is not worth losing your mind over. It really isn't. It will be okay. All of it. Somehow. Find some faith, get a grip... build and bridge and get over yourself. Seriously.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Dear GYPSY,

I am so glad you got a venue.
4.gif
Secondly, breathe deep (but not too deep) and slow. It will work out. ((Hugs))

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Dear Diary,

I can''t believe the wedding day is in 44 days. My brain literally can''t seem to register that in a month and a half, we''ll be married. I wish it would, because people keep asking me if I''m excited and I don''t know what to tell them because in my mind it''s so far away still! But it''s not. And I wish I was excited. In any case, I''m glad things have been quiet on the drama front lately, at least. After my sister, FI''s mom, my brother and everything in betweeen, I''ve had enough drama for my entire life! It''s a good sign that our relationship survived it all.

My sister is in love with someone she met in Perth a few weeks ago and she''s coming back in two weeks. Kind of ironic... But I wish them the best, he sounds like a great guy. Mom is doing well, and I''m thankful for that. Third chemo treatment on Friday next week. I pray to God it won''t be too harsh on her. I hate seeing her sick.
7.gif
I think my dad is feeling depressed. I have my FI, my brother has his FI and my sister has her boyfriend too lean on, but I''m afraid my dad doesn''t have much of a support system since he works from home and he''s the one who has to support her on a daily basis. I''m praying for him too.

It''s weird to have almost nothing left to do for the wedding. I''ve been working so hard for the last 18 months or so that I feel like I should be doing something! And I do wish people would get a move on and send their RSVP back. We haven''t gotten half of them back yet and the RSVP limit is in 12 days. It''s not like we need the hefty long-distance bill on top of the wedding expenses.

Well, gotta go to work. I''ll probably write again.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Courtney,

36 days!!! I cannot believe it. Try to be calm and continue enjoying the planning. You''ve never been closer to mom than you are now. You are getting along with everyone, even crazy FMIL, so pat yourself on the back for that. You''ve only had one anxiety attack after the email she sent. Remember that your wedding will be simple, romantic, and classic. That''s all that matters and not everything has to be perfect. Stop harping on your body...you will be a beautiful bride. Be happy and comfortable with yourself. Instead of complaining, wake up every morning like you planned to...and do that dvd. It''s only 30 minutes earlier than you''re used to waking up. Also, quit eating pizza. You will turn into a slice.

Honeymoon!!! SO EXCITED!!! Can''t wait to get in that crystal clear ocean.

Dear FI,

Well...we are finally doing it. Look back 3 years when we met on my birthday. Would you have EVER thought we''d be getting married? Thank God for all I''ve gone through to get where I am now....with you. (Wow...that would be good in the vows). Thank you for doing your part with the planning, even though I have to remind you a few times. Thanks for going along with almost everything..I know that''s not always easy. I can''t wait to see you standing at the end of the aisle. I can''t wait to show you my dress and I can''t wait to see your expression in front of all our friends and family. This is going to be the best wedding anyone''s ever seen. That will be due to you. I just can''t go wrong marrying my best friend. What an awesome feeling.

We''re getting pregnant soon.
16.gif

Dear Mom,

Thank you so much for being there for me through all of this and everything else. You are the best wedding planner and mother that anyone could ever ask for. I''m so happy with our relationship...it''s evolved so much. I can come to you with anything and that is a great feeling. I know you get just as excited as I do about the wedding...if not more!

Dear Jim (step dad),

Speaking of evolving....look it up in the dictionary and our picture would be there. I can''t believe the roller coaster it''s been these last 20 years. I really hated you at times. I''m sorry for that. I know that I''m the child and you would say that I''m grown up and changed for the better. Honestly, I feel that in the last few years, you''ve grown and changed so much....so much that we can have this healthy relationship now. We''ve never been able to say "I love you" and we say it all the time now...and it''s feels geniuine. I do feel that FI has had a big part in this. Ever since you tried to intimidate him when you first met him and he stood his ground, you''ve treated me differently. Whatever the reason, I''m glad we''re here. I know everything you''ve done was with good intentions...in some messed up way.

Dear FMIL,

You''re nuts. Quit giving me advice about marriage and weddings. You got married back in the 60''s and things are a little different now. I''ve been through wedding planning before, so I know what I''m doing. You keep forgetting that. Also, if you bring up your dress one more time..about how it''s long and my mom''s isn''t and that''s a problem....I will scream. I wouldn''t give a d*mn if you wore a trash bag. You are the mother of the groom in this wedding...not my mother. I have my mom here helping me with things and you live 4 hours away. I try to email you and keep you in the loop, so quit complaining about how no one asks for your help. What can you do from there?? Please don''t complain about anything on the wedding day...to anyone. If I hear that you complained to anyone on that day, I will have some words for you.

Whew.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Courtney you just made me well up. What you wrote is so moving.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I''ll play! Mine''s not as interesting as some of you ladies.

Dear Diary,

I''m so bad with this wedding planning stuff. A lot of these ladies on PS so have their act together, I can only watch in awe. I know they''ll have such beautiful weddings and hope the best for them. Maybe I can pick up a few pointers too. I know I have a very long time till my tentative date, maybe I should be doing *something*? I guess planning a Palm Beach wedding from Chicago would be tough. I don''t want to remind Mommy to look at venues because I think she''s still sad that Pho Pho (grandma) passed a few weeks ago. Maybe towards the end of summer, like late July/August.

Dear FI,

I''m so glad we''re getting married. I''m so happy we''ve moved in together (this past weekend). I''m just plum happy. We really need to do a lot of work to the place, organizing moving furniture etc, but you''re right, we can do it together. You''re the best thing in my life and I love you forever.

Dear Twin Sister,

I love you so much, sis. And 95% of the time we''re together it''s awesome. I hope you''ll come around to be excited about my wedding soon. I know I haven''t done much for it, but you seem to just not care. I know you don''t care about weddings, but I was hoping you''d care about my wedding. I''m sure you''ll come around. I mean, this is really important to me, and I think you''ll see that and help.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Mimzy! What color green flats are you looking for? How dressy and what size?

Is there a thread about this already?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 1:45:50 PM
Author: oobiecoo
Mimzy! What color green flats are you looking for? How dressy and what size?

Is there a thread about this already?
I don''t know how dressy you''re going for (you''re talking to someone who wore old navy flip flops to her high school prom), but I think that these dress sandles from Anne Klein are really cute and not too expensive...plus they''re kind of lime/peridot colored, which I think matches your theme???

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/36755603/c/31228.html

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Diary,

Sometimes I feel like I really hate my job. Like right now. Supposedly I''m doing really cool, important work, but my back hurts and my eyes strain because we''re trying to put 10 point font in powerpoint (not my choice! who does that?) I am honestly kind of bored with what I''m doing...supposedly lots of folks would kill for my job but I don''t necessarily feel like I''m growing professionally. Is this what i want to do?

In other news, I think I found my dress. It is actually one of the first ones I tried on - you remember the ingrid, don''t you? MoH and I went to the salon yesterday and she saw it for the first time. It is definitely her favorite too, which is a good sign because it was mom''s favorite. I think it is the most flattering and the silk organza just moves! I like it better than the monique lhullier, and it is basically ALL silk...I found out that although the Valentina is made of amazing french lace, the lining is polyester, which I am morally opposed to. Who puts polyester within a 10 mile raidus of a FIVE THOUSAND DOLLAR dress?? Too bad I couldn''t get photos to get the opinion of the PS ladies...my only fear is that I will second guess myself later...

...which actually reminds me of my roommate. She is a few years older than me, 33. And she is dating this guy, he seems like a really nice guy, but she keeps coming up with things she''s iffy on about him. He is very attractive has a good, steady job, is a sweet guy, her age and wants to get married and have kids at some point. But, since he owns his own business, he can''t just pick up and travel to asia with her on a moment''s notice. He hasn''t travelled the world, and she wants to do that. But she also wants to get married and have kids (which I pointed out to her, isn''t very compatible with jetting off on a moment''s notice). He hesitated on driving her to the airport really early in the AM, because he had a big bike race the next day, whereas her ex would have driven her no matter what. I keep hearing things like "He does this...but this other guy I dated once used to do this..." and it reminds me of the dress struggles. She has dated a lot of different guys, all with good and not-so-good qualities. In the search to find the "perfect" dress we keep second guessing ourselves...this one has beautiful fabric, but a weird cut - that one is fabulous but out of budget, etc. She''s only been dating him a month, for chrissakes!

And speaking of jetting off - she told me on Monday that she is leaving TOMORROW to go to the other side of the world for 2 months. (She also dropped this bombshell on him...no wonder he''s acting lukewarm). Something changed in her job situation, and all of a sudden she had some extra time off, and she just decided to GO. I could never do that...I am such a planner (wedding dress shopping 14 months out, anyone?) and it really threw me off. Would she try to find some random subletter - in the end no, which is good for me, but pretty darn lonely! What happens if something goes wrong in the apartment? (her parents own it, so she takes care of that??)

Hmmm....maybe it is time to get back to work, diary. Thanks for listening!

RZ

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Dear diary,

oh my 100 days to go...holy gamoly loly. 100, that is about to be double digits ahhhh.

My dress came in, I need to schedule my fitting. What on earth do I take to that? Oh the card for my invites came and it is PERFECT! Finally!

Dear lady in cubicle up the way.

Every day you ask me when the wedding is. IT IS SEPTEMBER 27th, and NO your NOT invited. Sorry, I am not going to offer an invite...so stop hinting!
11.gif

Dear dad,

Thanks for acting complete annoyed about wedding talk to my face and being completely awesome about it behind my back. I know it is hard for you to show me affection, but it would be nice for you to act a little excited.
15.gif

Dear FI,

I am ready for you to move home. This is hard to do alone. Oh, and if you don't get the guest list back to me pretty dang quick YOU ARE SOOOO CUT OFF.....
29.gif

Dear MOH,

You are amazing, I know you are sooooo busy with your own life and your parents divorce, but thanks for enduring every email of every color, hair style, paper, flowers, ribbon....

Dear Boss,

Just because you got promoted doesn't mean you are "cooler" than me...really.

ETA: my dad is secretly landscaping and doing tons of projects for the wedding...
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results