shape
carat
color
clarity

DC Running of the Brides!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Ladies! I'm about to head out the door for the Washington, DC installment of the Filene's Basement Running of the Brides!!! It's something I've always wanted to do and I'm crazy excited at the prospect of finding my dress! Some past ROTB-ers have given me some awesome advice over the past couple weeks, and I'm pumped! My friends and I skipped out on the initial rush because, well, that's just not my style (or theirs)...so we're planning on arriving at about 10:30 when everything is calming down and going back on the racks.

So, can I get a little ROTB *~*DUST*~* sent my way? I'm not getting married until June 2011, so there's plenty of time to find a dress if I don't today...but I'd really love to be a ROTB Bride!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
This goes without saying, but

*******DUST********

charbie

Ideal_Rock
OH yay! Best of luck!
Little story: I got my dream dress at a ROTB event. My unengaged sister found her dream dress as well, but didn't buy iit. Fast forward a year and a half, when she is engaged and going to a ROTB event in another city to find her dress. The dream dress was there again! So lightening can strike twice!

I did the same as you...came a bit late to miss the crazies. It was so fun, actually relaxing, and so fun to have a zillion people tell you how great you look when you find your dress! Hope you find it!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
****DUST****

can't wait to hear how it goes for you! i hope you find something gorgeous!! lots o' luck.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Lots of luck!! Report back to us--I love hearing about ROTB experiences. I went to the one in Boston a couple of times, but never the one in DC...though we used to live right next to that FB. DH and I were just talking about how much we missed Booeymonger last night. Anyway, let us know how it goes!

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
I found my dress at the Feb Boston ROTB.

Best of luck to you!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
*dust* I hope you have a lot of fun and maybe come back to us with a dress.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the dust, ladies!

I didn't end up bringing home a dress. I DID, however, fall in love with a dress that was a couple sizes too small. I managed to find it online (turns out I had bookmarked it months ago!), and even though the style is now discontinued, I called Pearl's Place and they said they can order it!!! :appl:

I think it's *the* dress, but I have a couple of other bridal shop visits scheduled with friends because there are a couple of particular dresses I would still like to try on...but this one made me light up like a Christmas tree...it's going to be tough to beat!

I only have one picture (below), and here is a link to the dress, so you can check out the back: http://www.jasminebridal.com/J_1_1_..._no=STYL20080821002&j_line_no=&j_line_season=

July 2010 084a.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh how exciting! Sounds like it was meant to be, what with finding it earmarked and all. The dress looks beautiful on you. And yes, you DO light up in it! I love the drape of it and the way it shows off your figure.

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
VC!
That dress is lovely and you are radiant. So excited for you!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
mayachel said:
Ooh how exciting! Sounds like it was meant to be, what with finding it earmarked and all. The dress looks beautiful on you. And yes, you DO light up in it! I love the drape of it and the way it shows off your figure.
big ol' ditto.

that dress is gorgeous!

LRISR

Rough_Rock
I was there, I was there!!!! I listened to the tips and I got there around 11:15 or 11:30 with my mom who was visiting from NYC and future sister in law. I did end up finding my dress! It's a Rivini with the original price tag of $4235 still on it and I got it for $699! I was torn between that and a Maggie Sottero for $249 but we're planning a destination wedding and the Sottero was a bit too much dress.

We had a lot of fun...we had a team name, with shirts that my sis-in-law did the iron on names for in black. When we got there, we each grabbed a pile of dresses and staked out a spot in front of a mirror. I think we spent about 2 hours there. It was a blast!!! The wedding isn't until next summer so I always have time to change my mind or find something else but I don't think I will. The dress is absolutely gorgeous and doesn't need much in the way of alterations. :D

LR

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on finding your dress, LRISR!!!

There was a rumor going around that someone had come in at 8 AM, grabbed every size 18-20-22 dress they could get their hands on (which is the size range I was searching in) and just bought them and walked out. Don't know if it was true or not...but could contribute to why I could only really find 16s and 24s. :evil:

LRISR

Rough_Rock
Thanks vc10um!

Honestly I didn't even look at sizes when I grabbed stuff off the racks. I just looked at styles. I ended up with a size ten when I'm normally a size 6. The dresses definitely ran small and someone told me that when I got there but I was also expecting it. Some dresses I tried on I couldn't even get zipped up! It was crazy! There was also no organization to the dresses whatsoever by the time I arrived so I just grabbed without looking at sizes or price. It was overwhelming walking in there!

Good luck in getting your dress! I'm a little sad that I got that over and done with so quickly...I've only been engaged for a little less than two months!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results