shape
carat
color
clarity

DBTY in SS by Tiffany

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I was shocked to see the DBTY range available in sterling silver from Tiffany. I don''t remember seeing this before.

I thought there might be lovely ladies in BWW who would consider the DBTY for their wedding jewellery and wanted to share.

3 stone DBTY in SS $450

Same linky but in 30" for $950

I would have loved this look for my wedding!

(They also do the bracelets in SS)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL I just forwarded this to FI. Anyone else think the price diff between the 18" and the 30" is interesting?

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 3:37:17 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
LOL I just forwarded this to FI. Anyone else think the price diff between the 18'' and the 30'' is interesting?

Here''s to hoping your FI (and my DH!) get the hint! The price increases so much because there are twice as many diamonds...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was saying the difference was interesting because the 30" is less than the 18" even though it''s longer.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 4:43:13 PM
I was saying the difference was interesting because the 30' is less than the 18' even though it's longer.
That is weird, though the 30" has .21ct vs. the 18" .25ct. The 18" probably has larger stones in general.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
As usual, you ladies are 10x more observant than I am!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I'm curious to see if they ever make them in larger diamond sizes. I feel like it kind of takes away from the platinum line but it makes sense that they would make it more affordable to all consumers. It's still very pretty! I've noticed Tiffany as of late is marketing to a whole new group of consumers. What if they offered the Tiffany e-ring solitaires in silver all of a sudden? Wouldn't that be something?
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 9:38:09 PM
Author: Bliss
Wow! I''m curious to see if they ever make them in larger diamond sizes. I feel like it kind of takes away from the platinum line but it makes sense that they would make it more affordable to all consumers. It''s still very pretty! I''ve noticed Tiffany as of late is marketing to a whole new group of consumers. What if they offered the Tiffany e-ring solitaires in silver all of a sudden? Wouldn''t that be something?
1.gif
I think they''ve been heading that direction for quite awhile now.

It would be even more surprising to see them start offering their high-ticket items (with large diamonds, like e-rings) in silver... my understanding is that silver is not reliable for setting diamonds (another reason why I''m surprised to see the DBTY necklaces in silver), but maybe I''m mistaken.

I wonder if this new clientele group will hurt their company "image" as much as some people think (I remember a bunch of past threads on the subject). It already has, in my opinion - I don''t mean that in a condescending or judgmental way, just in a matter-of-fact way.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw that the other night. I don''t like the bezels on the SS ones, though-they''re much thicker looking than the platinum and gold DBTY pieces.

Viola

Shiny_Rock
Well, that's quite interesting, coming from Tiffany's.

It does bring the price down (alot, apparently). But honestly, I'd like my diamonds set in gold/plat.
5.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 9:47:18 PM
Author: musey

Date: 5/21/2009 9:38:09 PM
Author: Bliss
Wow! I'm curious to see if they ever make them in larger diamond sizes. I feel like it kind of takes away from the platinum line but it makes sense that they would make it more affordable to all consumers. It's still very pretty! I've noticed Tiffany as of late is marketing to a whole new group of consumers. What if they offered the Tiffany e-ring solitaires in silver all of a sudden? Wouldn't that be something?
1.gif
I think they've been heading that direction for quite awhile now.

It would be even more surprising to see them start offering their high-ticket items (with large diamonds, like e-rings) in silver... my understanding is that silver is not reliable for setting diamonds (another reason why I'm surprised to see the DBTY necklaces in silver), but maybe I'm mistaken.

I wonder if this new clientele group will hurt their company 'image' as much as some people think (I remember a bunch of past threads on the subject). It already has, in my opinion - I don't mean that in a condescending or judgmental way, just in a matter-of-fact way.
You're right, musey! It's been happening for quite some time. I guess even couture lines are selling alternate labels at Target and discount chains. Vera Wang is selling at Kohls, I think... Mizrahi is at Target... Chanel at Walmart. Just kidding about the Chanel. LOL.

I find it surprising that they'd do the Elsa Peretti DBTY necklace in sterling. I know she has a lot of other designs in sterling, but the DBTY has been around for ages and only in platinum or yellow gold. It would be like Hermes doing a Birkin in vinyl and selling it for $500. Times are certainly changing!
25.gif
What's next... Tiffany costume jewelry could be a hit! Can you imagine? The bean line - but with REAL beans from the grocery store!!! LOL. Why not?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/21/2009 9:47:18 PM

It would be even more surprising to see them start offering their high-ticket items (with large diamonds, like e-rings) in silver... my understanding is that silver is not reliable for setting diamonds (another reason why I''m surprised to see the DBTY necklaces in silver), but maybe I''m mistaken.

I wonder if this new clientele group will hurt their company ''image'' as much as some people think (I remember a bunch of past threads on the subject). It already has, in my opinion - I don''t mean that in a condescending or judgmental way, just in a matter-of-fact way.

Bezels are incredibly secure, so the softness of the SS isn''t as much a factor as it would be with a prong setting, so it''s possible for something like the Bezet line ... but I doubt it, since the price difference between metals is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of the diamonds. I think they already do sell the thin bands with the single burnished stones in SS?

And, on the second point, agree completely.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
^^ I think my personal concern with the SS DBTYs would be how to clean the sterling vs. the diamonds. I''m sure there are good ways, but my current method for cleaning/removing tarnish on SS pieces (the foil + baking soda + boiling water route) would make me nervous with diamonds (or any gemstones, for that matter) involved. I''m addicted to this method - I''ve found nothing else that works with small link chains.

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
musey....how does this SS cleaning method work? I have a tiffany chain i''m looking to clean and have no idea how to go about it!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 11:38:19 AM
Author: lovebug1031
musey....how does this SS cleaning method work? I have a tiffany chain i''m looking to clean and have no idea how to go about it!!!
I think there are a few threads talking about it by now, but all you do is line a heat-safe bowl with aluminum foil, put your silver in there, shake in some baking soda, then pour boiling water in. Swish around a bit, and the tarnish is gone
9.gif

I think you can find some explanations of the chemistry of it on PS somewhere, and a few people have said they wouldn''t do this on their "nice" silver for fear of damage... but it works very nicely for me.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 2:10:48 PM
Date: 6/3/2009 11:38:19 AM
Author: lovebug1031
I think there are a few threads talking about it by now, but all you do is line a heat-safe bowl with aluminum foil, put your silver in there, shake in some baking soda, then pour boiling water in. Swish around a bit, and the tarnish is gone
9.gif

I think you can find some explanations of the chemistry of it on PS somewhere, and a few people have said they wouldn''t do this on their ''nice'' silver for fear of damage... but it works very nicely for me.
Here you go:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-good-silver-cleaner-help.103930/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/initial-pendants.105589/

There are others, but those two were quick to find
1.gif

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!!! I think i''ll risk it I have quite a few peices that need to be polished badly

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So FI and I stopped in at T&Co this weekend specifically to look at this necklace. They only had the 16" in stock but it''s really pretty. The bezels are probably 1mm but the stones are sparkly and white. I didn''t bother asking the specs on the stones because I figured the SA wouldn''t know.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 9:51:23 AM
So FI and I stopped in at T&Co this weekend specifically to look at this necklace. They only had the 16'' in stock but it''s really pretty. The bezels are probably 1mm but the stones are sparkly and white. I didn''t bother asking the specs on the stones because I figured the SA wouldn''t know.
Ohhhh. I will be going next month (hopefully) and cannot wait to see this range IRL. Nice to hear you think they are pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results