shape
carat
color
clarity

Date of your wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Well, it''s been a while since I''ve posted so I thought I would make one where we can keep track of everyone''s upcoming wedding dates. I can''t believe I''ve been engaged for a year now! 6 more months for me... July 24th is the big day! I think Mara''s is in May, and DancingGirl''s is on September 12...how about everyone else?

Laurie
p.s. I''m starting to panic now! hehe

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
well, I've already been married for close to a year, but I think I have a pretty neat wedding date. It was March 3, 2003. In other words, 3/3/03. We have no excuses for forgetting our anniversary.

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
hi sumi,

Happy early anniversary! Congrats! how did you decide on 3/3? It's cool that you broke from the norm of having a summer wedding.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I really wanted a spring wedding. My wedding was a very, VERY small garden wedding and I thought spring would be perfect for that. Also, I was in law school when I got married and that was my spring break
1.gif

My husband and I really liked the idea of our anniversary date being all the same number. I'm half-Japanese and 4/4/04 was out of the question because 4 is a bad number in the Japanese culture. My husband is Chinese and he said 4 is a bad number in that culture as well. I certainly didn't want to wait until 5/5/05 to get married! So, that's how we set the date.

By the way, congratulations on your engagement! You two make a really beautiful couple!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAH! Starting to panic? I am totally there.

I just realized last week that I don't have 5 months anymore. I have THREE. Because it's end of Jan. We depart in first week of May. So I have Feb, March and April left, thats IT. That sent me into a small panic attack and prompted the generation of the big 'what is left to do' list broken out by month...hee hee.

Also, we are moving into our new house in 2 weeks so I am trying to split my time between doing the house stuff (e.g. painters, paint, blinds, furniture) and do some things for the wedding that NEED to happen now (finalizing invitations, BM dresses).
errrr.gif
I was going to make the invitations, since I have made the Engagement Party invites, Save the Dates etc...but I don't think I will have the time or patience to do it in Feb when we are just getting into the new house. Even if I have to pay a bit more to have what I want done by someone else...it may be worth saving my mental state. Greg agrees. Hee Hee.

Anyway to answer your original question...May 12 is our day!
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
July 11, 2004.........(gulp)........

That is, if I can ever find a caterer who understand what "no hummus" means!
11.gif
11.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 1/21/2004 4:00:57 PM aljdewey wrote:

July 11, 2004.........(gulp)........

That is, if I can ever find a caterer who understand what 'no hummus' means!
11.gif
11.gif

----------------
What do you have against hummus?
confused.gif
sick.gif
lickout.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 1/20/2004 8:12:59 PM sumi wrote:

well, I've already been married for close to a year, but I think I have a pretty neat wedding date. It was March 3, 2003. In other words, 3/3/03. We have no excuses for forgetting our anniversary. ----------------

Sumi, ours is 3/1/03! I would have loved to do 3/3/03, but that was a Monday...

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, it was a Monday. We were so lucky because we had such a small wedding (only immediate family) that we didn't need to be worried about having it on a weekend to accomodate everyone.

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Planning on Jan. 8, 2005.

Now we've got to book the site for the ceremony/reception etc, since this is the only possible day we can do it.
Ahh, the joys of planning a wedding over a law school holiday...
Has any one else planning a winter 2004/05 wedding noticed that all of the Saturdays have been hijacked by holidays? Dec. 25th -- Saturday; Jan. 1 -- Saturday.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/21/2004 4:42:50 PM LawGem wrote:

What do you have against hummus?
confused.gif
sick.gif
lickout.gif

----------------

Not a thing. I like Doritos, too, but that doesn't mean I want to serve those at my wedding.

Truth be told, my wedding is small, and many of the people coming are more "mainstream" eaters as opposed to adventurous eaters, so I'm trying to build the menu with that in mind. Almost none of them eat hummus.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/23/2004 11:29:24 PM antiquediamond wrote:

Aug. 15 in Gloucester, MA. Can't wait!!!
----------------
antique, really? WOW - my reception is going to be aboard a ship in Gloucester, ma! small world.

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
aljdewey - It is a small world!...Are you from the area? I'm in Beverly. Our ceremony and reception is at the Ocean View Inn and Resort. What a neat idea to have the reception on a ship. I'd love to hear more about it...kl

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/26/2004 5:00:19 PM antiquediamond wrote:

aljdewey - It is a small world!...Are you from the area? I'm in Beverly. Our ceremony and reception is at the Ocean View Inn and Resort. What a neat idea to have the reception on a ship. I'd love to hear more about it...kl
----------------

Ha....that's so funny. I'm getting married in Beverly -- at Lynch Park. In fact, having a problem because my GF was going to make the reservation in here name, but park said it was ok to make it in mine.....resident rate saves $300! Then they tried to mail a confirm to me and got returned, so I'm getting screwed for the other $300. Bummer.

Oh, I've been to the Ocean View.....I work for a company in Danvers and we have had two corporate functions there. Very nice view....should be awesome.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
September 4 2004. *IF* the UCIS, or whatever the INS calls itself these days, cooperates and I get all the friggin paperwork finished and submitted to the right places at the right time (oh, and there's the small matter of the police clearance, full medical exam, vaccinations, and Consulate interview)...*IF* I finally make up my mind on a gown (can't decide between a Maggie Sottero and a Forever Yours but leaning towards the FY 'cause it's silk) *IF* we can decide between a hotel and a country club for our reception (they're both free, thank God) and *IF* I don't lose my mind in the interim.

1.gif

Edited to add - and *IF* I don't take a tire iron to my beloved...our guest list is now up to 212, in no small part to Mr. CG.
angryfire.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I miss you Scoob!!
sad.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wedding Guest List = 218
My Darling Fiance = Blunt force trauma to the cranium.

1.gif

Ps - I miss you too, Raphne. Still surrounded by boxes and househould detruitus. Wanna help me once you're finished yours? Didn't think so...
1.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Aljdewey - are you a knottie on the Boston board? I swear there's an Aljdewey there as well.

How about you antique? BTW, I am drooling over your reception location. Gorgeous! Your wedding should be beautiful!

Hey - I'm getting married Aug. 7 in Barre, MA in the garden of a 1920s estate. The cocktail hour is inside the house and reception is on an elevated enclosed tent overlooking the garden. I am so excited!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/29/2004 9:07:24 AM canadiangrrl wrote:

Still surrounded by boxes and househould detruitus. Wanna help me once you're finished yours? Didn't think so...
1.gif

----------------

Send me a plane ticket...

9.gif
Oh Greg...want to finish planning the wedding by yourself while I go off and have some fun? Heeee.

218...all I can say is HOLY CRAP. What are you serving....napkins with pictures of food on them?
2.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Hey girls...

Long time no see!

Aljdway - I was gonna ask you that too cause I saw you on there on the knot. I check out the Boston board a lot even though I am in NH. I am NHDancinBride on the Knot.
wavey.gif

Hey Jenibear - miss ya girl! Things have been more than crazy here. Not all good, unfortunately. I'll PM you.
sad.gif

Hope all your planning is going well girls... mine unfortunately has been LAST on my list, and now it' gonna get even worse I think financially.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies - Yes, I'm on the Boston board. I'm "mrsrobinsontobe"

Thanks for the compliments on the Oceanview Jenibear -- we love it as well! I wanted to get married there even when I was only engaged in my mind!!

NH - I hope everything's ok
1.gif

Aljdewey - do you live on the North Shore? I work in Danvers too

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
5 Months for me now!!! (the 12th)

HOLY SNIKIES!!!!
errrr.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha you gals crack me up....

4 weeks to go for me. We actually leave for Hawaii in 3 weeks. Anything not done at that point is basically not getting done!

Yep that's right. My to-do list is still pretty darn scary.
errrr.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
October 10th in Key West! Just under 6 months... wheeee!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Paula in Key West?! I love it down there...Tell us more!!!
love.gif
3.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 4/11/2004 10:23:57 PM PuddyKat wrote:

aljdewey, 3 months today!!!
2.gif

----------------

I KNOW......and I am duly panicking! hehehehe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results