shape
carat
color
clarity

Creative transportation...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Another question
9.gif

I have to get transportation for me and my dad to the church, then me & FI to the reception and then back to the hotel.

I would also like to offer transportation for the OOT guests that are stying at the hotels (about 20 or so people).

The costs of transportation scare me!. So...what are some creative ways to save money and still offer some sort of transportation for our guests?.

How about my "ride"? anyone has tips on how to save some $$?

Thanks in advance!!!

M~

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mandarine!

One idea that we're thinking of is to rent a trolley to take our guests from the hotel to the venue and back again (the ceremony and the reception are at the same place, about 2 miles from the hotel). What about using something like that? Here's a picture of what we're considering.

trolley.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi!!!!!
35.gif

That would be awesome but I haven''t been abel to ind something like this in Miami!
I found one North of here but I don''t think they would drive down here....
I would love that though!!! :))))

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank yuo!!! I will try that!!!

I don''t know anyone with a cool car...I geuss I can just rent something traditional for me and get creative with the guests ;-)

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
A friend of mine used a similar trolley, and it was very cool. The pictures were super cute.

Another friend of mine, who was VERY budget conscious talked to her church, and the church let her rent out the church vans for a considerably low fee. Then she just had to pay drivers (members of the church who were "licensed" to driven them I guess). It worked out pretty well. Sure they weren't super pretty, but they were new and at least somewhat nice for what they were. Plus, her wedding was pretty wild and by the end of the night most guests didn't care what they were riding in as long as they were able to get back to the hotel safely.

Of course a church van wouldn't work for you and your dad, but maybe just for the guests.

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
We wanted to provide transportation from our hotels to our venue, so we looked into renting a charter bus. We were shocked to find out it was going to cost $1000 for a 10 minute ride that amounted to about 6 round trips total! We ended up waiting too long to book the normal charter bus, and all that was left was their school bus. I wasn''t too, too sure about it at first, but because it ended up being half the price, we went with it. It was cute and worked out nicely. We had a lot of jokes about whether we''d be getting a short bus or not...(it ended up being a normal one!)

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve heard of people using school bus companies for guest shuttles at a very reasonable rate
Some brides on my local knot board have done so, and all had good reviews

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 9:37:49 AM
Author: labbielove
I''ve heard of people using school bus companies for guest shuttles at a very reasonable rate
Some brides on my local knot board have done so, and all had good reviews
I was going to suggest this as well. I was just at a wedding over Thanksgiving in my hometown and the bride and groom used a school bus. Apparently, they are really cheap! This bride happened to be a teacher so, it was a unique detail she was able to use.

I am friends with another couple who used a charter bus which took us from the hotel to the church, from the church to the reception and then back to the hotel again.

Another couple we know used trollies for their Naples, FL wedding. It was nice, but it was HOT - they had all the windows down and there was no AC so, it''s something to keep in mind.

We used a mini coach for our guests that made several trips from the hotel to the castle we got married at and then back again at the end of the night.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Well, here''s an idea. If you''re only talking about only 20 people, why not just arrange for some taxis and pay for those? Maybe you can get some vouchers from the company to give to the guests with their welcome bag, and then arrange with the company for the taxis to be waiting at the relevant time. Depending how far it is, it may wind up WAY less expensive (say you need... 8 taxis and it''s a $15 ride... then it''s $120) plus give your guests a great deal more flexibility in terms of timing.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Great ideas guys!!! I will share some with FI this weekend
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks!!

M~

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Alot of hotels have vans to offer free shuttle service to guests, so you may want to see if that is available at your hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results