shape
carat
color
clarity

cool fall wedding idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I was thumbing through Martha Stewart's wedding magazine and found a great idea--instead of using rose petals for accent decoration on the tables, use pressed leaves! There are a bunch of vendors on ebay that sell pressed leaves (or you could press your own, but they're not that expensive to save the hassle of pressing a ton of leaves) for pretty cheap...they say you can get them this year for next but I'm going to wait till next year but I figured i'd pass this cute idea along for all the fall brides!

We're doing a bowl vase with red and burnt orange roses for the centerpieces with votive candles, so we may throw a few leaves per table as well!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
thanks!
it never dawned on me to buy pressed leaves.
i''d thought of doing them myself but yeah, right- the time factor!

we''re having a fall themed wedding, and i''m not a huge fan of artificial flowers, etc. but will still have to use silk garlands, but i like the idea of ''real'' leaves around the centerpiece.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My FI and I will definitely be using the leaves idea, but we might end up buying fakes ones that look just as nice.

Katiemarie

Rough_Rock
i read this somewhwere too and when we were talking about doing a fall wedding i was also thinking about having the flower girl use leaves instead of flowers :)

now we are talking about a winter wedding and i was thinking of having her use snowflakes instead of flowers!!

We are not big flower people at all so the alternatives are great!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 4:54:18 PM
Author: Katiemarie
i read this somewhwere too and when we were talking about doing a fall wedding i was also thinking about having the flower girl use leaves instead of flowers :)

now we are talking about a winter wedding and i was thinking of having her use snowflakes instead of flowers!!

We are not big flower people at all so the alternatives are great!
OMG I LOVE the idea of winter weddings and using snowflakes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results