shape
carat
color
clarity

Considering altering wedding colors.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
So I posted my first wedding palette a few months ago and while I still love it I'm worried that it's going to be hard to make it cohesive, if that makes sense. As we start to look at florists, I am starting to think that bringing in the indigo color will be too jarring with the warm oranges and cream that we have so far. As a reminder, here is the original wedding board:

LP_Palette_01.jpg

Here are the bridesmaid dresses:

LP_Bridesmaid_Dress.jpg

Here is my wedding gown:

LP_Wedding_Gown.jpg

So I'm thinking that for our summer wedding it might be a better to go with an overall warm but slightly more muted palette, maybe with more green rather than the indigo. I'm going to post some inspiration boards I'm liking the look of--input?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock

IB_001.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still love the indigo. Period.
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock

IB_002.jpg

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
I totally see what you mean, LP. Indigo and orange look stunning and gorgeous on screen, but it''s hard to strike the right balance of colors in real life. Your wedding dress is beautiful, very organic and naturally graceful. Perhaps you can move toward a more lilac or periwinkle shade of purple/blue?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock

IB_003.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 3:38:33 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I still love the indigo. Period.
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

LOL--I do too, in theory! I''m just not seeing anything in real life that looks as great as my inspiration board, you know? I think going with peachy-orange, ivory and green might be a bit easier to pull off.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that you can do it. It is just so unexpected, and vibrant. I think the place to put a lot of the accents are flowers, and paper stuff. What are you thinking for invites and flowers?

ETA: I think that the other colors are beautiful together, but not really exceptional, if you know what I mean?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 3:40:22 PM
Author: news_girl
I totally see what you mean, LP. Indigo and orange look stunning and gorgeous on screen, but it''s hard to strike the right balance of colors in real life. Your wedding dress is beautiful, very organic and naturally graceful. Perhaps you can move toward a more lilac or periwinkle shade of purple/blue?

Yeah, that''s exactly it. As much as I love love love the bright colors, everything I''ve seen of weddings with similar colors looks kind of awkward and not put together.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Here's the only picture I've seen with orange dresses and purple flowers--I feel like it looks really off and kind of hurts my eyes.

orange and purple.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I agree with you LP. It's so pretty, but seems like it would be more difficult to pull off. But it's definitely a unique combo that you don't see. Hmmm...I'm torn.

ETA: Holy moly I'm blind!!! That orange is neon though, whereas yours is MUCH softer. Not blinding.
3.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
And here''s a bouquet that I am LOVING, but there''s no indigo in it.

2-green-and-orange-bouquet.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
On the other hand, here''s a muted version of the colors that I loved originally and I feel like it looks great.

Bouquet and Bouts.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ideas:

BM--orange dresses
flowers
indigo, irises, blue delphinium, etc tied with orange or indigo ribbon
Mix of orange and indigo with indigo ribbon

Invites--orange and indigo

Tables
Orange tablecloths, indigo napkins, table numbers indigo, centerpieces--mixture of both orange and indigo

I have too many ideas and words are not sufficing.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I was a little afraid of that myself because I incorporated so many colors. I think the placement of them will be what is key. For example...if you pick one primary color and and use the other colors in different areas, I think you will be ok. My bridesmaid dresses were purple and everyone expected that I would pick purple linens but I didn''t like the way they looked in the space with the white linens and white chairs. I''m so happy that I listened to my gut and made a last minute decision to use silver and sage. Then I didn''t the banquet tables in purple and coctail tables in pink. It really was all over the place as far as color was concerend but my event designers helped bring it all together with the flowers and table top designs.

I think I would just strategically place the indigo.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 3:47:48 PM
Author: ladypirate
Here''s the only picture I''ve seen with orange dresses and purple flowers--I feel like it looks really off and kind of hurts my eyes.
ICK. That''s because they did a warm purple and not a cool one. It''s gotta be more blue than pink, and yeah.

Makes my eyes hurt too.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 3:51:08 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Ideas:

BM--orange dresses

flowers

indigo, irises, blue delphinium, etc tied with orange or indigo ribbon

Mix of orange and indigo with indigo ribbon

Invites--orange and indigo

Tables

Orange tablecloths, indigo napkins, table numbers indigo, centerpieces--mixture of both orange and indigo

I have too many ideas and words are not sufficing.

I guess I just worry that if I do very indigo bouquets, I''m going to end up with the same look as the orange & purple wedding a few posts up. And that does nothing for me. Also, since I have that vanilla/pale yellow sash on my dress, I want to bring that in somehow.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gimme a few, I''m going to put together a little somethin'' somethin''...

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
This was a friend of a friends bouquet that she posted on fb. I wish I could get a better picture for you. I loved it and I''m pretty sure her bm dresses were orange.

forlp.jpg

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
ladypirate, I totally see what you're saying. The orange and indigo pairing is very modern and striking whereas your dress and the creamy yellow sash are more natural and romantic looking to me. They just don't seem to go together - different styles. I think the orange with creamy yellows and ivory will look lovely together.

ETA - and it won't look boring because you've got different textures going on with the dresses and can put some different interesting flowers in the bouquets. I actually think the different textures in the dresses are what's making the orange and indigo too much - like there would be just too much going on.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
like Freke suggested, I''d be very specific with the florist if you want muted colors. I litterally spelled that out every time we had a meeting and the end result of my reception was exactly what I wanted.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the only semi-decent shot I''ve seen of the colors that I originally was thinking of. I''m still not sure if I''m loving it.

orange and indigo 1.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock

orange and indigo 2.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a bouquet from one of the florists we''re meeting with this week--I love all her use of unusual plants!

6a00d8341c54b653ef01157124ba47970c.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Here's another one that actually does manage to incorporate some indigo...what do you think?

6a00d8341c54b653ef01156eef9d02970c-500wi.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2009 3:47:48 PM
Author: ladypirate
Here's the only picture I've seen with orange dresses and purple flowers--I feel like it looks really off and kind of hurts my eyes.
lol..

ETA: I really love your color choices though
36.gif
oops, your wondering about the indigo color.... I really like the idea

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
One more that I think fits our original theme:

6a00d8341c54b653ef00e54f8f6e128833-800wi.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, this is just the color--and I think they are a bit too bright to go with your dresses, but the two colors in flower arrangements are certainly out there. I''m going to work on another one that is "better". Be back soon.

LP flowers 1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgot to add this one in.

orangeredblue.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results