shape
carat
color
clarity

Congratulations, fellow Labor Day weekend brides!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Honey228, *Alexis*, nkarmam Revana03, news_girl, yssie, HappyCat, I hope your weddings were fabulous and everything went as planned! Congratulations! I'm checking in briefly from my honeymoon in Sardinia. I had a grand old time at my wedding and now look forward to freedom from planning and lots of relaxation. Best wishes to all and I can't wait to see your photos!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS ms. cushion & all the ladies!! can't wait to hear all about your wedding days :)

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
Congrats to you, ms. cushion, Honey228, *Alexis*, nkarma, Revana03, news_girl,and yssie! I'm getting ready to head off to St. John for the honeymoon tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to reading everyone's stories when I get back! I hope everyone else had the same fabulous weather that we had up here in the northeast, and I can't wait to see the pictures! I hope your wedding days were everything you dreamed of and more.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations beautiful brides!! :wavey: Can't wait to hear how your days went and to see some pictures! :appl:

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Congrats girls! Can't wait to see everyone's beautiful weddings! I won't get my pro-pics for another few weeks, but here's one that my maid of honor took to get the picture train rollin'.

58897_112414708816226_100001430913373_98112_408292_n.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another newlywed checking in!! We leave for our honeymoon tomorrow afternoon ::) Both ceremonies went *amazingly* well, both families chatted and danced up a storm together, the Sunday weather was perfect... and I'm loving being a Mrs.!

That picture is absolutely gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see and hear about everyone's special days :bigsmile:

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats ladies!

Yssie, refresh my memory, where are you honeymooning?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
honey, that photo is gorgeous. Can't wait for the pros, if that's what your non-pros look like.

I only have video footage at the moment, no real photos yet, though here is one off of a bridesmaid's iPhone... this is us looking out of our bridal suite, kissing upon vocal requests from guests watching underneath!

2010-09-08_2339.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a lovely picture mscushion - you both look so wrapped up in each other, it's hard to believe you're performing for the crowds :naughty: :))

TG - Greece for 12 days!!! I can't WAIT to get away - I just quit a project that was driving me absolutely crazy yesterday, which was a bit of a downer - I'm glad to be done, but of course after investing so much time and energy into it I'm upset it didn't work out... but today I'm feeling much, much better, lighter, happier, and SO EXCITED for my first int'l trip w/ DH :appl:

(OMG. I just typed DH instead of FI for the first time. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: )

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
To be fair mscushion, she is a photographer. I didn't want her to have to work my wedding though AND be maid of honor, so I also hired a local professional photographer. Your photo looks so romantic, I'm curious where that location is? It looks like there should be someone down below you serenading you. 8)

Yssie, that honeymoon sounds fantastic! I've always wanted to go to Greece. We leave for our honeymoon tomorrow, yay!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I'm back!

Yssie -- GREECE! Yay! I love Greece. Have a wonderful time and take lots of photos!

Honey -- it's in Italy, near Verona. I had a destination wedding with more than half the guests being incredible friends and flying in from the States and all over the world. There wasn't someone serenading that moment, but when our Italian ice cream cart rode in for dessert later that night, they played a big old cheesy Italian song to go with it!

I have some non-pro photos now, which I'll start posting. Here are the first two of our rehearsal dinner overlooking Lake Garda.

mscushion-nonpro-rehearsaldinner-view.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Here the German half of our wedding guests decide to make us do a German rehearsal dinner tradition: the guests smash plates and the bride and groom have to clean them up. It's supposed to demonstrate team work: the new couple can work together to clean up a mess! I had no idea they would spring this one on us! Hard work!

mscushion-nonpro-rehearsal-polterabend.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Here's a photo of how our ceremony was setup; we decided to do semi-circles of chairs rather than pews and have the bridal party standing next to the arch complete the image of a circle. It was important to us to feel surrounded by our community of family and friends.

mscushion-nonpro-ceremony-chairsetup.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
A few more ceremony pics... my dad walked me down the aisle, but during the last third of the walk I had to let go of his arm to lift my dress, because I kept fearing I would trip and fall over! The carpet over the grass was really soft and I was really sinking in.

ETA: Whoops, the pics are really large and also in the wrong order... sorry. Will reformat the rest.

mscushion-nonpro-ceremony-walkdowntheaisle.jpg

mscushion-nonpro-ceremony-withreaders2.jpg

mscushion-nonpro-ceremony-mrandmrs.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
This is the only good photo I have of our dinner decor. We used lots of rosemary and sage in our centerpieces and grapes and pears in some additional pieces. The herbs smelled great.

mscushion-nonpro-flowersanddecor.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Our wedding cake -- it came out looking alright (though I wasn't completely in love with it), but it tasted really good! Really light limoncello-lemon-cream. Then, instead of a cake topper I put some figurines on it and ruined the look!! :sun: DH and I were huge Homestarrunner cartoon fans in college and I found these figurines once and decided to bring them back for this.

mscushion-nonpro-cakewithhomestarrunnerfigurines.jpg

nonpro-dinner-cakecutting.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
A photo of our first dance (we are no big dancers and certainly did not take lessons...and it showed. But we had a good time!)

Then there's a photo out of order that just came in from a friend (at sunset)!

mscushion-nonpro-morekissinginthegardens.jpg

mscushion-nonpro-dinner-firstdance.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
And to conclude: another dorky photo of the "game over" t-shirts we got the day after the wedding...

Sorry if I got a lil' carried away with too many photos.

mscushion-nonpro-dorkytshirts.jpg

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Mscushion, just got back and I have to say that is a beautiful, beautiful place to have a wedding! Love all of the personal touches as well. Congratulations again and hope you enjoyed your honeymoon!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also just got back, and just saw your lovely pictures mscushion!! The venue looked absolutely dreamy, and you two are so *cute* together!! :bigsmile:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Yssie, do you have any pictures? I remember you said you were wearing your MIL's lace dress, and I always wondered what it looked like!! And of course, a big hearty congratulations to your and your DH, and to the rest of the Labor Day brides!!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh...just saw this. Everyone's weddings look absolutely wonderful. They all look like they belong in a magazine! Hope your weddings and honeymoons went well. I don't know about you guys but I could go back on the honeymoon again! :naughty:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyLady said:
Yssie, do you have any pictures? I remember you said you were wearing your MIL's lace dress, and I always wondered what it looked like!! And of course, a big hearty congratulations to your and your DH, and to the rest of the Labor Day brides!!

Thank you Indy!! We do have pics - 1200 of them!! We're sorting through them and picking a few to be edited - it's an operation! I'll definitely start a thread when we've got them all in presentable form ::) I did wear my MIL's dress, and I felt like a queen in it, and everyone was so touched by the gesture, it was a great thing all round :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results