shape
carat
color
clarity

cocktail hour music..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi, what are you guys doing for cocktail hour music? we have a band for the reception, and they offered to play keyboard for the hour, but i''m not sure if that''s that special. I like the idea of violins, or piano/harp, but it runs 300-600 for the one hour! Curious what others were doing, or their experience with this..

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
We''re having a guitar and an upright bass play during the cocktail hour.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
We will hire a jazz pianist and two other musicians (bass and vibes?) to play during our cocktail hour.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
We used a string trio (harp, violin and cello) for pre-ceremony, ceremony and cocktail hour music. It was so pretty!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a harpist for the pre-ceremony, ceremony, and cocktail hour. It was fantastic.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
We are probably going to hire a mountain dulcimer/fiddle duo to play for the 30 min. before the ceremony, the ceremony, and the cocktail hour. I guess it is easier for us, because everything is in one location, so we can have the same musicians for both. We do have a different band for the reception, though.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hey Janine-

I know the cocktail hr will be covered by the band we hired...I am more concerned about the ceremony...I would LOVE to have a classical trio of some-sort (violinist/harpist, etc) play for the ceremony, but I am thinking that might be a little too out of control, considering my band was going to play at the ceremony too...

Which band did you end up going with? I think you should just leave it up to them to play for the cocktail hr. They are professionals and they know how to do what they do. Right before your wedding, they will go over a song list with you- you can let them know certain songs you and your FI would like played/ not played throughout the whole night.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results