shape
carat
color
clarity

Child''s "Bar" fee?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
So, I got my "Event Order" from my venue. They''re charging me an non-alcoholic bar package of $10/child on top of the open bar/dinner package I''m paying for 175 adults. I mean they''re going to have sodas and juice already for the open bar that''s part of my package. I don''t get this... Is anyone else''s venue doing this???

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
wow that sounds a little well...ridiculous...
i can''t believe they would charge extra but i guess some venues are just weird like that
all the weddings i''ve been to had the kids order from the bar (obviously they could only get soda and stuff and people who looked 21 or not quite or just a little older than would be id-ed)

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Actually ours would have charged the full price bar on the kids as well ($13 an HOUR) We opted to have no children at our wedding.... not the only reason but one of them.

I was outraged but then when I asked why they explained that they can''t keep track of who''s under 21 (not like they would be giving out bracelets) even with kids meals they wouldn''t do it. I think you''ll find this at a lot of venues though it will probably differ in where you''re having it though as to how strict they are about it (ours was downtown at the Westin hotel)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Smurf & Neveah, Thanks for responding. At first I thought I was the weirdo because I think it''s weird. Neveah, I can''t believe that venue will charge full bar price for kids. That''s insane.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you call and ask them what this charge covers? I would, especially if the soda and juice was covered as part of another fee, as it sounds it was.

You never know, they may take the charge off. I think some companies will try to get away with whatever they can.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Are they charging you $10 extra for the sodas for the kids or just reducing their price and then charging $10 for the drinks? I.E. is it X amount per adult for bar and $10 per child?

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
I''ve run about 12 proms and that is just above standard "non-alcohol" bar fee per teen at hotels and some country clubs. I know not the same thing, but similar clientele. Hope that helps.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Fiery, I've got a dinner and 4 hr drinks package that I'm paying for the adults $90/person. The child's meals are $25 and then $10/child for a non-alcoholic bar package.

Haven, That's a good point, I'll call them and ask what it covers. I'm just kinda... appalled, I guess.

swimmer, thanks for the quote. I appreciate it.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d be appalled too, liang, that''s quite a steep charge.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
That is crazy - how tight are they. I would question them on the charges and ask if they could waive the charge. How much softdrink (probably worth about 10cents per glass to them) can a few kids drink). I just abhor vendor greediness like this.

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Our venue charges the full price for children too ($20/person for full open bar)

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 4:53:01 PM
Author: lliang_chi
Fiery, I've got a dinner and 4 hr drinks package that I'm paying for the adults $90/person. The child's meals are $25 and then $10/child for a non-alcoholic bar package.

Haven, That's a good point, I'll call them and ask what it covers. I'm just kinda... appalled, I guess.

swimmer, thanks for the quote. I appreciate it.

lliang- I don't think that's unusual if they are charging you a fee for the soft drinks and juice that the children will consume, as long as they aren't also charging you the adult price. Our venue did that (our under 21 amount was $8).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results