shape
carat
color
clarity

Check out my semi-DIY invites!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
When it came to the invites, i knew i wanted something a little different. I stumbled across invitesite.com and received a sample of one of their invites (gardenia ruby)....loved it but did not want to go through the hassle of printing them myself and I wanted raised lettering which i could never do on an inkjet printer. Soooo, after searching on google, I found an online paper store (papermojo.com) that sold the same outer paper of the invite (handmade embossed paper with a metallic sheen).
My next step was finding an invitation/rsvp set that would match and already come printed. I came across exclusivelyweddings.com and ordered one of their samples. Add some wine colored double-faced satin ribbon and voila ...my semi-diy invite sample. (I will glue the actual invite to the inside)

(ignore the jagged edge on the ribbon...need to invest in some better scissors!)

invite8833.jpg

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I think those will look really lovely together! The color of the ribbon is to die for! Great job on putting all the pieces together!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!!!! Love those colors together, they look great.
36.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
two thumbs up! very creative and good eye. beautiful invitation.

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Lovely! And I have to ask, how the heck do you get the bows so perfect - I have never been able to do that!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 4:55:23 PM
Author: IrishBreakfast
Lovely! And I have to ask, how the heck do you get the bows so perfect - I have never been able to do that!
The bow did not look that good at first, you make a semi-loose bow and then move stuff around until it looks perfect. i know i will work painstakingly until they''re all perfect and people will get them, look at them for one second and then untie the bow that took so long to make
39.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
those are soo pretty!! What is the website for the actual outside of the invite?? its soo pretty!! :)

lucy.lucy.80

Shiny_Rock
those look so nice!!!

A way to stop the bow from fraying is after cutting the edges, get a lighter and run it along the very tip of the edges. It may sound crazy but it works like a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results