shape
carat
color
clarity

Charles and Camilla and Diana!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK...here's a new thread so that we can keep wedding dresses together!

In the beginning of their marriage I felt very, very sorry for Diana. It seemed hideous that she had married for love and gotten none. It *is* tragic. I don't think she had a clue what she was getting into and probably thought she could live a fairytale with a prince who LOVED her.

Poor Camilla really got a raw deal, too, though. She was young and very pretty and in love with Charles. But he, frightened of the inability to divorce, wouldn't commit to her when she wanted to settle down. So she moved on and started a life with someone else.

Once Camilla had been married, no matter how much he loved her, Charles could not marry her. (UNLIKE the rest of us who can end marriages and remarry!) I really think they were soul mates. If you are in love with someone (I am thinking of the bracelet Charles gave Camilla just before he married Diana), the feelings don't just go away. Let's give Charles the benefit of the doubt, that-as he has claimed-he planned to cease having a romantic relationship with Camilla. The bracelet, though, was to show he would always love her-if from a distance.

Then Charles sees what a sick cookie Diana really was. Yes, he is odd and stuffy...she was a breath of fresh air. But each of them had had horrible childhoods and neither had emerged unscathed. Diana was neurotic and demanding. Charles was stuck with her. She was into astrology. She was bulemic. She was hysterical and threw herself down flights of stairs.

No one had ever nurtured Charles. He found a woman who was more grown-up and not so crazy. He remembered Camilla from the days when *she* was young and beautiful, too.

I see the whole mess as a kind of Greek tragedy in which the constraints of being a royal ruined three lives.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow--I did not know Charles and Camilla were together when they were much younger...I can see your point but I guess I am biased by my father''s behavior and see Camilla''s brazen affair with Charles as disgusting. But then again, Diana had her affair(s?) too... I think you are right--in the end, they are a messed up bunch, more so than the rest of us given the pressures and scrutiny that come with being royals.

Do you think Diana''s bulemia and neuroticism were inherent or more a result of her loveless marriage and feelings of abandonment.

I also must say that I think CHhrles and the rest of them were very jealous of the British peple''s--and the world''s--love for Diana and how they embraced her...the queen''s own daughter--Anne--was never so adored.
20.gif
33.gif

PS God forgive me, but don''t you think Harry looks just like Diana''s lover (the polo player) (I forget his name)...wasn''t there speculation that he was a result of their affair?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2004 10:11
6.gif
8 PM
Author: Jennifer5973

PS God forgive me, but don't you think Harry looks just like Diana's lover (the polo player) (I forget his name)...wasn't there speculation that he was a result of their affair?

Yes. I always thought he looked a great deal like James Hewitt. (I think that is the rat's name.) I do not know if Diana was involved with him that early, though. I never saw any speculation about that, but know many people assert that Zara Phillips (the Princess Royal's younger child) was the result of her affair with her bodyguard, Peter Cross. I always assumed that to be true.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not the picture for which I was looking, but it shows Camilla and Charles when they were young.

charlescamilla.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2004 7:37
6.gif
1 PM
Author: AGBF
This is not the picture for which I was looking, but it shows Camilla and Charles when they were young.
Wow--that''s very interesting. They look so young.

I am confused, Deb--who is Zara Phillips? (I am not nearly as well versed in this topic as you!)
1.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
She is Princess Anne''s daughter. Princess Anne is also known as the Princess Royal.
lisaC.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prince Charles can not/could not have married Camilla as she is Catholic and he would not be able to become King as the country and Government would be against this.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember Edward V11 abdicated from the throne because he wanted to marry Mrs Simpson. He could not marry a divorcee and likewise Prince Charles cannot marry a divorcee or a Catholic.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Church of England recently reversed its position on remarriage, so technically the Prince of Wales *could* marry in the COE. (The Princess Royal had to marry her present-and second-husband in the Church of Scotland. No other divorced royal has attempted to remarry to my knowledge. Princess Margaret was the first of recent times to divorce although she was quickly followed by then Princess Anne, the Prince of wales, and the Duke of York!!!)

I do not believe Camilla Parker-Bowles is Catholic although I think she was married to her ex-husband in a Catholic church. Please feel free to look this up...I am too tired to do so tonight! We have been preparing for my daughter's cello concert tomorrow and that involved replacing a snapped "A" string on a Sunday and my hemming a uniform gown although I had not yet found my sewing basket since we moved :).

Deborah

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the photograph of Prince Charles with Camilla Shand (now Camilla Parker-Bowles) taken when they were both still single. He failed to propose to her before he left for military service and got the news that Camilla had gotten engaged while he was at sea. He has been quoted as writing in a letter that perhaps one day the emptiness (he then felt) would end.

candc.jpg

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
It''s such a sad chain of events. And years later her news about her life and death still make headlines especially lately with the tapes. Has anyone seen/heard about those? It has made the British police investigate Charles.

Kate Julie

Rough_Rock
HI.... Harry is NOT the son of James Hewitt. He gets is red hair from the PSencer side, and he does not look unlike Peter Phillips, Princess Anne''s son. He is also being to have the WIndsor look. ALso It is of my opinion that William looks nothing like his father or anyone else of the name Windsor, however, he certainly looks like his Uncle Charles, DIana''s brother..... So where we have the future king NOT looking like his father and have the younger prince, Harry, a cross between the SPencers and the Windsors. Nothing like Hewitt...- Trust me..
emwink.gif

Kate Julie

Rough_Rock
emsmile.gif
- Hi just want to reply about camilla and charles''s love affair.
Everything you say is true up to a point. However, when charles decided he had to marry, camilla helped him chose his bride. DId you know that?... She did
FOr decency sake, at the time of the engagement, camilla should have had the decency to retire from the affair and allow the Prince to have a true start to his marriage, but she didn''t. Instead charls brought camilla with him to the marriage. What normal young lady getting married would accept that? DIana thought that once she had a baby charles would drop camilla, but charles having the nature he does, couldn''t do it. Besides camilla is the stronger of the two and in each relationship there is one stronger then the other, do you agree?.. camilla should have had the class and integrity to leave the affair and charles should have given his marriage every chance to survive WITHOUT camilla being apart of it.
Who would not have gone a little bonkers at the age of 19 marrying an older man who insisted he keep his mistress...
emwink.gif
Think about it....

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
What happened to Camilla''s husband?

Can you imagine the $$$ that Prince Charles (hopefully) spends on therapy?

If I had been Diana, I''d probably have thrown myself down stairs too. Quelle Horror!

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Has no other royal wife has ever had to put up with a mistress?

I think it was very sad how many people have been hurt and how many lives have been destroyed through these events. However I also think that Diana knew what she was getting into. She grew up around the royal family she would of known what they were like and she would of known about Charles'' relationships secrets aren''t very well kept at court.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Well if Chrles had been allowed to marry camilla, who is obviously the love of his life, none of this would have happened. But he had to marry someone with royal blood and camilla even though she hangs out with royalty is a "commoner". Just goes to show how silly the monarchy is.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
...so they are getting married in Aril. The times they are a-changing. finally.

I think I need to see the ring.
2.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t that funny. I was just going to post the same thing :)

http://news.yahoo.com/fc?tmpl=fc&cid=34&in=World&cat=Royal_Family

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll skip making any comments on morality of the royal family - but anyone know what Camilla is wearing as an E-ring ? Charles got Diana a Sapphire - some royal tradition there.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like she picked out a diamond ring which is part of the Royal family heirloom.

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
So can Prince Charles become King now since he''s been divorced and is marrying Camilla or will the throne be passed on to Prince William?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a picture that someone posted in Diamond Hangout.

CPB.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2005 3
6.gif
4:31 PM
Author: lovey
What happened to Camilla''s husband?

While they were married he began a long-term affair. After he and Camilla divorced, that woman became his second wife.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2005 1
6.gif
5:24 AM
Author: innerkitten
Oh is she catholic?

No. As stated above, she married Andrew Parker-Bowles in the Catholic Church since he is Catholic. I have read that she "converted", but I doubt that that was the case since one no longer has to do so to marry a Catholic in his church.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2005 1:53:52 AM
Author: BLINGQUEEN
So can Prince Charles become King now since he''s been divorced and is marrying Camilla or will the throne be passed on to Prince William?

Charles will become King if he outlives his mother and if the monarchy still exists in England.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results