shape
carat
color
clarity

Champange Colored Dress - Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Hey Everyone!

I went wedding dress shopping this weekend and I found this dress that I loved! But it''s in champagne...now I love the dress as it is BUT I''ve always wanted an Ivory or White wedding dress. I feel like I might regret not getting the white/ivory dress on my wedding.

I can order it in ivory or white but the catch is that the contrasting sash (now in almond) wont be contrasting anymore. You can only get the dresss in solid white or solid ivory. So I''m afriad I might be sad to lose the contrasting sash by ordering the dress in solid ivory...

But I guess my real question is, do you think having a champagne colored dress detracts from a "traditional" wedding dress. The dress is very bridaly so that is not the problem. I''m just wondering if the color will bother me later.

Anyone else have/had a nontraditional wedding dress color?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I think Champagne is a lovely color ... if it suits your skin tone ... another option would be to order the dress in Ivory or White and have a Champagne sash made for it ... best of both worlds!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
a lot of dresses now come in the champagne color...it is a lovely color and i almost bought mine in that color, but wound up ordering the ivory instead. try on ivory whit and champagne dresses in the same day and see which color suits you best.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
order it in the color you want and get a sash in the contrasting color you want elsewhere.
many brides buy sashes of all colors online.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Get whatever you want!!!

My dress is champagne because I looked really bad in white. The thing is, it''s still light enough that it''s obvious that "I''m the bride!" but very elegant at the same time. Don''t let tradition dictate what you want. Get what YOU want.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 11:18:53 AM
Author: jcrow
order it in the color you want and get a sash in the contrasting color you want elsewhere.
many brides buy sashes of all colors online.
This is what I''d suggest too. Wouldn''t this give you the best of both worlds?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE champagne coloured dresses. But agree with the others that white plus a sash in the colour of your choice would be just fine! Sashes are easy to switch.

Still, I think it''s a question of skin tone. Some people just look way better in champagne (or ivory or white) and you should wear what makes you look the most STUNNING but also the most bride-y.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
My dress is champagne and I love the color! I''m more olive skinned and white looks trashy on my skin tone and the ivorys I saw I didn''t care for. I think you should get what looks best on you, nevermind what hue of white/ivory/cream/champagne it is!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the advice! Yeah, I thought about finding a champagne sash to switch it out, but I''d need to find a seamstress to remove the sash and add a new one back on since it''s attached. it is not attached in the seam though so I think it''s a fairly easy switch. I figure that it shouldn''t cost too much (anyone know???) but I want to make sure to add it into my budget.

I have a "medium" skin tone. Not dark by any means, but not pale either. Do you think champagne or ivory would go better? I''m Chinese if that helps.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
April, I''m thinking on a typical Chinese complexion, ivory would look better? They have tons of satin sashes on Ebay in all colors.

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
i just posted this in the outdoor wedding pic thread, but they made me think of you with your colored dress dilemma.
this is from a wedding i just went to this past weekend. the bride wore a beautiful gold gown and although it was not white it was gorgeous and as much of a bridal gown as any other white one i''ve seen.

mandc 1a.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a picture of Laila Ali in US Weekly this week in a gorgeous champagne colored wedding dress! I think it looked stunning on her, but I think you should pick the color based on your skintone.

That being said, I don''t think anyone would regret champagne, but I would hesitate to stray too much further than that for fear of regretting it later in life (ala Sarah Jessica Parker).

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Oooh that dress is gorgeous! And similiar to mine actually! The bottom of my dress with have the same gathering....I suppose that''s why I like this dress. haha

Yeah, I think I will order it in Ivory and find a sash, and since the store said they would let me switch if I really didn''t like it I suppose I have nothing to lose. Thanks for all the help ladies!!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to bump this...

But I just wanted to say that I''ve ordered my dress!!! Thanks to all your advice and reassurance I went ahead and took the plunge. For the first 15 min after I hung up the phone I had buyers remorse, thinking that maybe it didn''t look THAT good on me...but my sister reassured me that it was great (and that it still needed to be altered, and a different color etc etc...)

Now I am thrilled because I also got a veil to go with it and since the dress was on sale I got the veil for "free". Or at least that''s what I like to tell myself. ^_- Thanks again Ladies! I will try to post pictures later!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results