shape
carat
color
clarity

Can we talk Bridesmaid dresses for a moment?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
What color are you using? What designer? :)

I''m having a hard time deciding on mine. I love aria dresses , but they are really expensive. and even if I choose them, I can''t decide between Pink, Blue or Green. What have you chosen?

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I went with a B2 Jasmine dress that I thought would be really comfortable. I had a beach wedding in Key West, and was torn between pink and orange, so I went with both! My maid and matron of honor wore pink (more of a coral) and the bridesmaids wore orange (in the sherbert family).
Hopefully the picture will load:

girls.jpeg

JKohio

Rough_Rock
To keep things simple, I chose separates from David''s Bridal in a light shade of Periwinkle. I know that others have had problems with David''s, & I was cautious, but it worked out fine. In fact, my dresses (3 total) arrived in 3 weeks. 2 girls chose the same top, a tank style one with lovely embroidery & tiny rhinestones at the neckline & my MOH selected a halter style top. The skirt is an organza A-line skirt in the same color.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh, i love the sherbert dresses! So pretty!!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I am going with gold for bridemaids. Styles are undecided because I am basically letting my bridemaids choose their own styles. My future sister-in-law offered to make them for us as our wedding gift. She is fashion designer, and made dresses for herself when she was a bridemaid for one of my other future sister-in-law and also for her friend''s bridemaids. I am so lucky.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh. I can totally NOT decide.. on ANYTHING about bridesmaids dresses. At first I wanted cute tea length dresses.. but now my wedding is turning more formal so I want long dresses. I like sheathy-type dresses as so my bridesmaids aren''t poofier than me.. but.. I have some girls that may not be able to pull that off. I also like deep v neck lines.. but I don''t know how that would work either.
As for color.. who the heck knows.. First I was gonna do black with pink accents.. then I decided that was too cutesy.. then I decided on victorian lilac.. my mom hates that color.. so I was gonna do a regular lilac or lavendar color.. but.. I don''t think it matches my reception venue.. then I was going to do all black, maybe some small color accents.. my mom thinks that is "overdone" and it would kind of make finding flowers and other things more difficult... Soo.. at the moment.. the color of choice is a very light "ice pink" possibly with a darker pink trim.. I''m not sure how it will match with my venue.. but its better than purple..
I have a long long time to decide.. and I don''t even want to decide until.. at least June after I find out my venue for sure.. and ideally I''d like to know if my MOH is going to be preggo.. (she''s threatening to be.. but who knows if it will happen!). but I may not know that in time.

So the moral of the story is.. I have no idea!

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
My bridesmaids got these cute dresses on sale at the BCBG outlet. The dresses are an ice blue color so it will make finding flower bouqets to match interesting. I''m thinking of going with blue hydrangeas and some white roses and those stephanopolous flowers. And I think I will be changing the flower thingy to a dark blue sash. Now I just gotta find a flower girl dress to go with everything. Ahhhh...only 6 months to go..

bridesmaids.jpg

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
You guys will probably think this is odd, but in my FIRST wedding (I''m divorced now...but i''m convinced that i wasn''t jinxed by the bm dresses!) my girls had "almost" white dresses, pretty much the same color as mine. My dress was silk, so not WHITE white. Their dresses were just barely off-white, and were two pieces. The skirt had a sheer overlay -- well i think I can find a pic to add.......ok yeah -- see below. For a formal / evening wedding, which this was -- they were PERFECT -- it was SO pretty. I''ll see if I can find a better picture of the wedding party....been a long time, though -- so not sure...
I got SO many compliments on the bm dresses! you can''t really see them well, here...but I''ll see if I can find others.

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
What''s happening??!?! My picture is uploading, and attaching -- but as "undefined"..... huh. not sure...I''ll have to play around with it i guess -- any suggestions?

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a really goofy shot --- so you can kinda see how it looks. All of my good wedding photos are all deleted from my database -- i mean since I''ve been divorced for years now, and am hopefully soon to be engaged to someone else. boy do i seem like a husband hopper....not though.......i married my best friend first time after many years together....then we both realized, hm......maybe we''re "just" friends. it was tough -- but we''re still friends, and are both much happier -- and I''m now with a man who''s both my best friend and someone who gives me the warm fuzzies all over! .......just felt a need to divulge...sorry!

wedding1.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I was oh so good to my gals.
Black satin a-line skirt.
Black boat neck sweater with 3/4 sleeves and satin cuffs. They have worn it oodles of times!!
Oh yeah, I paid for the sweater!

p.s. tulip- I'm salivating over the idea of hydrangeas and peonies (sp?) and some snap dragons ( i think that's what I'm talking about) in pale greens, white, blues and purples with that dress!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
SJS - You are beautiful and were a GORGEOUS bride! I''m sure you will be again too!! The white wedding party dresses look really "clean" and formal.

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
aw thanks Melissasue! It was a great day! LOADS of fun, as you can see. You, TOO are going to be a gorgeous bride -- I''ve sneaked a peek at that dress of yours (and you in it) -- WOW -- so so pretty!

The all white -- yeah, it was kind of a last minute decision that I was really pleased with. very "clean" -- which I like. I had originally picked out these Waters dresses that were kind of tangerine colored.....the BM''s HATED them. in the end, so did I. Glad I changed my mind. Those peachy/pink ones posted above, however are SO pretty!! Can''t see the thread...can''t remember who posted them -- but ME LIKES.

jackieblue

Rough_Rock
My sister (who is getting married in April) chose these cute WTOO 2-piece dresses. The top is pink and the skirt is long, A-line, and platinum. I really like seperates, and I am pleased that the top and bottom are different colors. Plus, now we can choose any silver shoes we like. If you have any people in your wedding party who have recently given birth, trust me...they will appreciate seperates. I am MOH and the top is halter style, so WTOO is making a wrap for me in the same platinum color as the skirt for $20.

jackieblue

Rough_Rock
p.s. For my wedding (I got married in Vegas) I just had my BMs get a long black dressy dress of their own choosing. It worked wonderfully! I am all for picking a color and letting BMs choose the dress when possible. That way they can choose something flattering to them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results