shape
carat
color
clarity

Can''t wait

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I got a call today; my dress is in. I can''t wait to pick it up, but won''t be able until next week since we are going out of town for the weekend. Yay... I am so excited.
9.gif
9.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the pic of me in my dress. This is the first fitting.

first_fitting1.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh! It looks absolutely PERFECT on you. I didn''t really LOVE the dress when you showed the model pics.. but it is absolutely 100% YOUR dress!

mellyjm

Rough_Rock
I bought the same exact dress! I only hope I look as beautiful in it as you do! Let me know your experience goes with altering/fitting. I plan on going to an outside source to get mine altered because I have lost trust in the bridal store. Congrats on the dress, it looks gorgeous!

MJ

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! we are dress twin. I thought about going to another seamtress for alterations, but then I did''t want to deal with searching for an experienced one since I am only getting the hem shortens and the bustle made. Anyways the lady that helps me at Davids could barely speak English, but I think she was pretty professional and knew what she was doing. Although my BM and I did have to tell her not to hem it too high because at first she was pinning the hem up to where it''s about 1cm from touching the floor and I could see my shoes. So far it all seems well. I won''t be picking the dress up til Aug. 7, so I will tell you how it went when I get it. I can''t wait to get it.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
qt- Just so you know, hemming the dress a little bit off the floor is standard. You don''t really want it all the way to the ground because you will trip on it! If that is how you want it, thats fine, but its not that the seamstress didn''t know what she was doing.

My FMIL used to work in a bridal shop as a seamstress and she told me that standard for floor length dresses is one INCH off the floor.. I thought that seemed like a lot... i thought a 1/2 inch would be good... but she is hemming a BM dress for me like that, so we will see how it turns out.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful bride! That dress really is YOU! Bet you can''t wait til August!

mellyjm

Rough_Rock
qt-
my wedding is July 30, so i will let you know how going to someone other than davids for the fitting will be. I also just need the bustle and the hem done, I might also pull the waist in a little tighter because it bunches up at the tummy right now. I hope your dress turns out beautifully, which I am sure it will!

MJ

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t mean that the seamtress didn''t know what she was doing. I just meant that it was hard to communicate with her. I can tell she knows what she was doing. I am just weird and particular with certain things and I didn''t want my shoes to be visible all the times that all.
19.gif
19.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ohhhhh that looks lovely on you!!!!!!!! I like the simple lines... looks so classy!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results