shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I wear any color for my wedding jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''m probably not even wearing white, but maybe something pale color like rosy pink ( creamy yellow). I''ve been looking at jewelry on wedding sites and I think I want maybe seed pearls with a colored stone. Are there any faux paus when it comes to wedding jewelry?

Shopgirlk

Rough_Rock
I am getting married in 97 days. I will tell you this has been a really enlightening experience! By the way, congrats on your wedding :) In my personal opinion, anything goes. I was recently told by some random person that it was bad luck to wear pearls on your wedding day. UM, how many times have we all seen real brides or pictures of brides or advertisements of brides and they are all wearing PEARLS!! Go figure.Wow, maybe we can attribute the divorce rate to WEARING PEARLS on your wedding day. Hah!

I think the person who told me that must have been allergic to pearls or something. ANYWAY....I think your rosy pink or creamy yellow dress sounds gorgeous. The necklace you described sounds lovely also. Will you share the name of the site you saw it on? If anyone is going to get a ticket for breaking the rules of bridal traditions it''s me. My dress is white with black beading and embroidery and I am thinking of NOT wearing a veil. I have purchased one set of jewelry that may or may not work and it is like a smokey black-ish very dramatic necklace with earrings. My unsolicited advice to you is..... do what makes you happy and feel like a princess on your wedding day :) Happy wedding!!

Kelli

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
I brought light blue into my wedding jewelry:

tiara had light blue/clear crystals in it (Hyacinth from Winters & Rain).
My friend made my necklace and earrings to match tiara.
My flowers were all white stephanotis and roses with little blue crystals scattered throughout.

My dress didn''t have any beading. I think the only thing a bride should consider is whether bringing in color would be over the top...know what I mean? klr
35.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Am I the only person who doesn''t want to wear fake jewlery on their wedding day?

I''m planning on wearing jewelery I already own and/or borrowing from family members. So it will probably be a simple subtle look.. Probably just diamond stud earrings and maybe if I ever get that solitaire pendant I want.. I just don''t get the point of wearing cheap jewlery on the most important day of your life.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2005 11:37:45 PM
Author: MelissaSue
Am I the only person who doesn''t want to wear fake jewlery on their wedding day?

I''m planning on wearing jewelery I already own and/or borrowing from family members. So it will probably be a simple subtle look.. Probably just diamond stud earrings and maybe if I ever get that solitaire pendant I want.. I just don''t get the point of wearing cheap jewlery on the most important day of your life.
Nope, you are not alone!! However, I just don''t have any "good stuff" for the big day... or the budget to buy any... I thought of borrowing also ~ but everyone in my family wears yellow gold and I absolutely do not wear yellow gold. And my mom is really the only one with nice jewelry ~ she''s got some super cool, very expensive and unique jewelry (I need to take pics sometime and post - she''s got some pendants that are out of this world, like a huge uncut emerald, a big black opal from Australia, etc.) but none of it is really appropriate for wedding jewelry (and also yellow gold)...

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I actually found them on Ebay. I''ll post a link to the sellers items.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i didn''t mean to imply that pearls are fake.. although lots of brides do wear fake pearls too! I was basically just reffering to most "bridal" jewlery that they sell in bridal shops in stuff. Its all rhinestones and crystals and some cheap metal.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I am planning on wearing the pearls that my father gave my mother on their wedding day. They''ll be married 37 years in April, so i dont know where that person got wearing pearls were bad luck. I think they are a bridal classic.

innerkitten - I received a pearl necklace with little blue beads in it for being a flower girl when i was 5. It must have been HUGE on me, because i can still wear it today. Anyways... it is a nice, rich blue and i think it is very attractive looking, so i think the pearls and colored stones you described would be nice. It could add just a little color/sparkle to the creaminess of the pearls. Would love to see a picture of it.

I say wear what you like and what compliments your dress. Wedding "rules" are constantly being broken now a days (bridesmen, groomswomen, canine ring bearers, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results