shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Quebec born or Resident Brides!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering, I was born in Quebec but have been living in Ontario for the last 4 years. I know it is illegal to take your husband's name in Quebec, but not in Ontario. What are you guys doing? Do you know if I can change mine since I am technically an Ontario resident, I am getting married in Ontario, and will be living here thereafter? I guess my birth certificate from Quebec can never be changed...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isn''t Anchor from QC??

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
ilovethiswebsite:

Well my friend was born in Quebec and got married in Ontario. She took on his name, and when they moved back here, the government respected the name change. My MIL was born in Quebec, married in Quebec, and took his name (but this was before the name change). I''ve seen the new name with the maiden name below, but this requires lots of forms to fill out, and money (of course).

I''m keeping my name. But that would have been the case regardless of where I lived.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results