shape
carat
color
clarity

calling all plus size brides

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Katiemarie

Rough_Rock
Being plus size, I would love to see some photos of plus size brides (in wedding gowns of course!)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know there''s a "profile" over on the knot that shows 20-30 plus sized girls in different dresses ... just don''t have the link ... maybe google for it?

There''s also ... over at indiebride.com, a thread on "dresses for big girls" ... with many suggestions for dresses.
http://kvetch.indiebride.com/index.php?t=msg&th=18445&start=0&rid=0&S=b3f609b6376222f0ed4e4de10439cd9c

If you wanna see my own pictures: here''s my recent wedding thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/deco-decosbeau-get-hitched.51977/

One of the coolest sources I found during my plus-size wedding planning was Hips & Curves. An online plus size lingiere boutique with a special "wedding section". I bought this to wear under my dress. And have some pretty cute "prep" shots with my mom & I strapping that sucker on.
1.gif

One Knot thread I found particularly inspiring was this one: His Doll Face which was recommended by a fellow Pricescoper. She''s a curvy girl with amazing style, who pulled off a complete "vision" for her wedding day. It was my "North Star" during planning & gave me confidence that curvy can look cute on "the big day."

Holla if you have specific questions. I''d be happy to pitch in!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
This website:
http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/collections.htm
is for people trying to sell their gowns and consequently has pictures of girls of all sizes in their very own wedding gowns (as opposed to plus-size models. or any models for that matter.). The larger sizes are kinda slim pickings, but it''s better than nothing! Good luck!

zekele

Rough_Rock
Oh thank you thank you for starting this thread! I am plus size, I''ve been searching for plus size bride photos for some inspiration but they have been difficult to find. I will be wearing a strapless dress, I''m especially interested to find photos of plus-size girls in strapless dresses. Unfortunately I don''t have any pictures of me in my dress yet. Here are a few pictures I''ve found of plus-size models in strapless gowns:

psb2.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been searching for awhile because it seems like everything I look at shows size 4s. One thing I''m worried about is not being able to try on the dress I want. I''ve got my heart set on a Maggie, Rosemary Leigh, but after I order it, what will it look like on me? Frustrating!

The Plus Size Bridal site seems to have a lot of pictures, and pretty decent prices too. Linky

bec

Rough_Rock
Deco- I love love love your dress!!!

The links are great guys! keep them coming, as a plus size lady in waiting i need all the insperation i can get:)

bec

Katiemarie

Rough_Rock
Sumbride, I have my heart set on MAggie too!!

I havent gone to a bridal store, yet, but i love all the maggie dresses so much.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Here's a few of me in my wedding dress. It's from David's Bridal and was a size 16W, just to give you a sense of my size. I hope this helps!!

ETA- Ugh, the pics are loading. Let me try again.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Let''s try this.

url]

url]

url]

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
oooh you look fabulous!!! and I looooove the crystals on your veil, adds such a great touch!!

zekele

Rough_Rock
Incidentally my dress is a Maggie knock-off. I wanted a Maggie sooo bad but I was in the same situation where I didn''t want to order one without trying it on first. My dress is at the seamstress right now but after my next fitting I will post a pic :). If you guys check http://www.maggiesottero.com/maggieBrides.aspx there are some pictures of plus-size girls in Maggie gowns :)

roo

Rough_Rock
axualy deco-
when i saw your beautiful wedding photos that little sweater/capelet is exactly what i''m looking for! but can''t find anywhere
7.gif

the dress you wore was one i fell in love with at david''s. ended up getting a dress at another store. having to try on dresses was sort of traumatic, especially when you find out you have to go a size or 2 up!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results