shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Connecticut Brides!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sadie123

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

My fiancee and I are going to have to pay for most (if not all) of our wedding ourselves and I''m really stuck on trying to find a reception hall in Connecticut, (preferably New Haven County) that will accomidate 100-116 people and not make us go completely broke! I''m all googled out at this point and I was wondering if anyone knows of a nice place! We need to try to book the site soon as we are counting on an early September 07 wedding.

Thanks!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck Sadie,

I am originally from Connecticut, but now I live in the steamy heat of Atlanta.
I used to live in Fairfield County, so I don''t think I can be too much help finding locations, but have you checked out the Connecticut board on theknot? You might just want to look at different girl''s bios to find some ideas.

Good luck.
(I miss old CT. a lot!)

sadie123

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I''ll check that out! I actually have a friend who is from "Hot"lanta! She is planning on moving back within the next few years.

sadie123

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 4:31:04 PM
Author: Rascal49

Sadie, how much are you willing to pay per person?

I was thinking about $55-$60 not including tax and gratuity. I don''t want to go over 8k total for the reception. Since we will probably only have a little over 100 guests attending I''m hoping that will be a possibility. I looked at Yankee Silversmith in Wallingford (where i''m from) and they are in that range. I would love to be able to talk to someone about them though!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never actually been to Yankee Silversmith, but I''ve driven by there all the time! I used to work nearby
1.gif

For that price range, I seem to remember Anthony''s in New Haven offering weddings for around $60 or so on Sundays I believe. It was almost 50% off if you did a Sunday wedding opposed to a Saturday one. They have amazing food; I personally just didn''t like the actual place myself. But I know lots of people who absolutely LOVED that place for their reception or attended one there. And they have beautiful gardens in back.

I had my reception at Great River Golf Club in Milford, however I don''t seem to remember them discounting for off days (like Sunday). But they were absolutely amazing and worth looking into to!

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
My grad school friend got mattied at 500 Blake St. I am not sure how much it cost pp, but I know they were on a fairly tight budget. Yale also owns function rooms in Loricco tower on Crown St. It may be expensive, but my grad program had our annual ball at the NH Lawn Club and it was beautiful!

Munchkin

stretch4

Ideal_Rock

Munchkin, good thinking! I have no idea how much those places cost, but there are a ton of decent to great places in New Haven that you should consider! There is also a new reception place in Hamden, no idea of the cost nor can I think of the name right now, but they are fairly new, within the past couple years.

Have you looked into the Grassy Hill Country Club in Orange? Just another idea, no clue on pricing again.

sean_morrison44

Rough_Rock
i put this in another post,
but you should check out lamirage

http://lamirageweddings.com/

its located in north haven,
i know there satin and lace package is 53 dollars a person.
the great part of it..that already includes tax and gratiuty! it also includes champagen for the toast, napkines and dinner.
the price also includes open bar! so that would take care of any alcohol costs.
i better stop talking about this place, because i''m feeling like a representive to them lol. i just really wanted to get married at that place myself until i gave in to having the wedding in mt. ;-)
anyway, hope this helps you-i''dthink by the pictures online th
at if you choose there you''d have a beatiful wedding :)
anyways,
best of luck
sean

sadie123

Rough_Rock
thanks for the tip, Sean. i''ve actually heard very mixed reviews about LaMirage myself, it wouldn''t hurt to check the place out though. i''ve also heard that Aldario''s in Milford is a nice place for a smaller reception, it doesn''t really have landscaping but it is on the beach and i heard the food was awesome. it''s not tacky to make people drive 30 min. to the reception is it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results