shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid gifts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I just ordered my bridesmaids''s gifts tonight. I was going to get them all something different:

two of them a personalized cosmetic bag - one pink and one white
a personalized crystal and silver compact
a bridesmaid baby doll t-shirt

I told my mama about it, and she said that I should get them all the same exact thing b/c they might start comparing gifts and wondering who''s cost more, or liking one of the other gifts better. She said that the t-shirt seemed cheap - but it was the most expensive!

So, I ended up getting them all a personalized crystal and silver compact - it is very pretty!! I just hope they get here in time before the wedding!!

Did I make the right choice by getting them all the same thing?

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I think its always a good idea to give all of the attendants the same gift- it really does help keep hurt feelings out of the way.

At my sister''s wedding 5 yrs ago she gave all of the girls silver necklaces that had those "wish pearls"- until you opened the oyster you didn''t know which color pearl you were getting.(I think each pearl color had a different "wish" such as financial good fortune, lucky in love, career success...) Wouldn''t you know, at the Bachelorette party the girls started arguing about who ended up with each color & wish, blah blah blah. I wanted to strangle all of them!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I made beaded bracelets for 2 of my girls and beaded earrings for the other 2, the only 2 that have pierced ears. I also got them each a necklace. My sister''s is beaded cause she can''t have metal touching her skin (very allergic), and the 3 BM''s are each getting a garnet pendant. The garnets are all genuine, but since I got them on ebay, my sister''s necklace ended up being the most expensive! They''d better not argue about whose present cost the most, I''ll knock their pretty little heads together until they wisen up! LOL!!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I am getting an Orange mandarin Garnet for my engagement ring stone. I am having smaller stones in the Mandarin Garnet custon set into necklaces that they will wear to the wedding and Keep. My Bridesmaids are my best friends and I want them to know that they are as big a part of my life as they were before I was married. I thought the connection with the engagement ring stone would be kinda cool.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
windy-
I think you made the right choice. And your gift sounds really cute!

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I think that your mom is right. Unless you have a particular need to give different gifts (allergies, age appropriateness for jr. bridesmaids, etc.), I think it really is best to give the same gift to each girl. That way one girl doesn''t feel like her gift is less expensive, or perhaps more importantly, less thoughtful.

I''m getting a slightly nicer gift for my maid and matron of honor because they''ve been so supportive and wonderful. But otherwise, everyone gets the same. I hope it doesn''t cause any problems!!!

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
Cool! I made the right choice, then. I just hope the gifts get here in time!! We tried to go to the mall to pick out something, but the mall was so crowded, that it made it miserable. It was so much easier to just go online.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Hey, Windy~
I love your bridesmaids gift idea and was wondering if you have any pics of it? I know you don''t have them yet, but was thinking maybe you could direct me to the website you used. The compacts sound really pretty and I love how they are personalized!

Thanks so much!
1.gif

chelle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results