shape
carat
color
clarity

bridesmaid dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I was talking to the girls last night about dresses and I''m letting them all pick their dresses as long as they''re in the same color. What I''m wondering if what you guys have seen people do in the past to distinguish the maid of honor...maybe a different looking bouquet? Do you guys think it even matters or people will just know from the program and how they stand up at the front?

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I was a MOH in an outdoor wedding, and the two bridesmaids wore different styles of clover dresses from DB, and my dress was white with clover flowers printed all over it. I already owned the dress and had bought it somewhere else, but it happened to match the DB color that she picked. The bride wanted us to look different but coordinated. I would have worn the dress whether I was the MOH or not, but it worked out nicely that I was the MOH and even more different than the other two solid clover dresses. Every other wedding that I''ve been in or come as a guest, the MOH wore the same dress.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
thanks, that helps a lot :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
The only wedding I''ve been in since college the MOH had the same dress and same bouquet as the rest of us. I am MOH in my friends wedding coming up next year and I am not sure if she will distinguish me any way from the rest of the girls but I don''t mind if she doesn''t. I think it would be pretty obvious based on my place in the procession and the fact that I am standing closest to the bride. Even if it weren''t obvious I wouldn''t feel like I would need to be distinguished from the rest of the BMs.

bootsiekin

Shiny_Rock
I let my BMs pick their own dresses too, they are all the same color and length, but my MOH''s dress is strapless (like my gown) and the rest have spaghetti straps.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, i wanted my MOH to stand out - even though everyone will know which one she is (by the program and cuz she''s next to me) so i had her dress different from the girls.
same color and similar style but she has 1 dress and the other girls have a different dress.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i let my girls choose their dresses in the same color too (dark red) and i had my sister just pick out a black dress in the same fabric.
1.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i let my sis(moh) choose the color...i gave her a choice of 2....then my bm''s all chose a different style to flatter their shape... they all looked beautiful and the people at the wedding should know who your moh is...my sis had a larger bouquet than the other girls.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I actually wanted my girls in different dresses, all different lenghts and the same color. However, when we went to pick them out I had 4 of my 9 bridesmaids with me and they all picked the same dress as their favorite. How lucky can I be? I''m getting custom hairpins made for each of them but nothing to distinguish my MOH,

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My girls will be wearing different dresses, but they''re all the same length and color. I did not plan to distinguish the maid of honor except in the program and by the fact that she''ll be the one holding my bouquet and smoothing out my train and all that.

I was just a bridesmaid in a wedding this weekend in which the bride had us wear 2-toned dresses (aqua and brown). The MOH wore a dress that was mostly brown with some aqua trim, and the rest of us wore the opposite - mostly aqua with brown trim. I''ve attached a pic (with our faces cropped off) to give you a better idea. I''m in the aqua dress with the brown tie belt, and the MOH is in the brown dress with the aqua sash.

cropped dresses.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always liked the idea of two tones except we just want blue and not any other color and I personally don''t like the way 2 blues look together. I think I will just have them all be the same color and just denote it in the program :)

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
you could always do a blue dress with a white trim or detail if you wanted to distinguish. or add a crystal brooch to her neckline or something.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results