cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi purelily,

how is your weight loss going?

I really hope this gets sticky-ed
2.gif

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
I finally found the will for self control. I found out the only way to really lose weight is to stop eating excessive amounts of food!
So I am down 5 pounds from the beginning of the summer. Someone posted an article about how exercising doesn''t help you lose weight...I couldn''t agree more because I was constantly working out and not losing an ounce. Here''s to self control!

Height: 5''5"
Current: 130
Target: 120-123
Time till Target time: 5 months!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I am in my forth week of my healthy lifestyle change.

Height: 5''6 ft
Starting weight: 171.8 lbs
Current weight: 161.3 lbs
Goal weight: 132 lbs

I haven''t really given myself a time frame, although I would be over the moon if I could get to my goal by the end of the year
9.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 12:02:58 AM
Author: happydreams
I finally found the will for self control. I found out the only way to really lose weight is to stop eating excessive amounts of food!

So I am down 5 pounds from the beginning of the summer. Someone posted an article about how exercising doesn''t help you lose weight...I couldn''t agree more because I was constantly working out and not losing an ounce. Here''s to self control!

Height: 5''5''

That''s not entirely true. Weight loss is basic maths, pure and simple! You need to burn more calories than you take in. Full stop.

It''s likely you felt hungrier exercising more and just ate more. Don''t give up on the exercise, if you are eating right, it will really help you power along with your weight loss.

I know how hard losing weight is, trust me!

I am three kilos from my wedding goal weight. So far, I have lost 32 kilos (70.4 pounds), I am so close I can feel it! Stay strong!!! You can do it too!!!!!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 5:30:32 AM
Author: honey22

Date: 10/16/2009 12:02:58 AM
Author: happydreams

That''s not entirely true. Weight loss is basic maths, pure and simple! You need to burn more calories than you take in. Full stop.

It''s likely you felt hungrier exercising more and just ate more. Don''t give up on the exercise, if you are eating right, it will really help you power along with your weight loss.

I know how hard losing weight is, trust me!

I am three kilos from my wedding goal weight. So far, I have lost 32 kilos (70.4 pounds), I am so close I can feel it! Stay strong!!! You can do it too!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

What is your goal weight honey?
1.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
OK, so I''m not super focused on trying to lose weight (although I wouldn''t mind 10 pounds or so), but I really want to get in great shape before the wedding. Can I join this thread too?

Height: 5''9"
Current Weight: 141.5
Goal Weight: 130
Target Areas: Upper arms, behind & thighs, stomach.

Especially with my arms, I want to get them more toned without bulking up. Also, I have strong ab muscles, but I want more definition in that area.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, here I go...contributing...posting my weight...eek!

height: 5''4"
starting weight: 174
current weight: 166
goal weight: 130-135ish

I''ve been on a "medically supervised" program for a couple months now and it has really been helping with motivation. I go in and see someone every two weeks. I get B12 shots and prescription meds, as needed/wanted. I was really not exercising at all before...was in sort of a funk...but now I''m exercising about 5-6 days a week! Yay!

I''m eating way better throughout the day, but my main problem is eating late and my couple glasses of white wine at night. Also, I usually sneak a little sweet before bed - nothing huge, but calories count, right?!?! Ugh - Halloween candy!! They are so small you *think* they don''t count, but they do!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 1:43:57 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love

height: 5''4''

I''ve been on a ''medically supervised'' program for a couple months now and it has really been helping with motivation. I go in and see someone every two weeks. I get B12 shots and prescription meds, as needed/wanted. I was really not exercising at all before...was in sort of a funk...but now I''m exercising about 5-6 days a week! Yay!

I''m eating way better throughout the day, but my main problem is eating late and my couple glasses of white wine at night. Also, I usually sneak a little sweet before bed - nothing huge, but calories count, right?!?! Ugh - Halloween candy!! They are so small you *think* they don''t count, but they do!!!
Make the switch to red! MUCH less sugar/carbs.
31.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 3:30:26 PM
Author: sunnyd

I''ve been on a ''medically supervised'' program for a couple months now and it has really been helping with motivation. I go in and see someone every two weeks. I get B12 shots and prescription meds, as needed/wanted. I was really not exercising at all before...was in sort of a funk...but now I''m exercising about 5-6 days a week! Yay!

31.gif

Ditto! Or a very dry white. Nom nom nom.

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Hi Cindygenit My weight loss is not going anywhere
7.gif
I''ve been sort of depressed lately about job stuff etc. So, I haven''t been watching the weight as well as I should, but the stress keeps me from eating too badly so i guess its okay? ;-)

Sorry I''ve been MIA for awhile... I just have a lot of stuff non-wedding related going on right now

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Danielle, my wedding goal weight is 80kg. A few years ago, I tipped the scales at 115.5kg. I was 82.8kg last night on the scales. Two of my gym instructors think it''s crazy for me to get down to 65kg, which I originally wanted to do. They were explaining that as I have been doing several classes a week, my muscle mass has increased, and 65kg is probably not realistic. One of the women even told me her weight and technically she is in the overweight range!!
23.gif
I have seen her in skimpy gym clothes and there isn''t an ounce of fat on her!!!!! So using BMI might work for people who don''t regularly work out etc, but I really don''t think I will ever get to 65kg.

After the wedding, I will aim for 70kg before we start trying for children. Another goal to keep me focussed after the wedding.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies. Do you mind if I join in? As of yesterday, I''m exactly one year out so it''s time to shape up!

Height: 5''5"
Starting Weight: 153 (last October)
Current Weight: 142 (I''d gotten down to 133 over the summer, but gained back some weight)
Goal for the Wedding: 125

Is anyone doing a particular diet or workout routine? I know 30 Day Shred was big around here a little while back.

Good luck girls!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 10:10:04 AM
Author: idreamofcushions
Hi ladies. Do you mind if I join in? As of yesterday, I''m exactly one year out so it''s time to shape up!

Current Weight: 142 (I''d gotten down to 133 over the summer, but gained back some weight)

Is anyone doing a particular diet or workout routine? I know 30 Day Shred was big around here a little while back.

Good luck girls!

Ah yes, the Satan woman.
3.gif
I should get back on that!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 10:55:48 AM
Author: ladypirate
Date: 10/17/2009 10:10:04 AM

Author: idreamofcushions

Good luck girls!

Ah yes, the Satan woman.
3.gif
I should get back on that!

Too funny, LP! I gotta tell my FI that one. He always says he''d love to workout with Jillian. Me? Not so much. Esp after trying that video. Can''t imagine what she''s like in real life!
32.gif
Although I might give the video another try. I also have this "Slim in Six" workout video. You want to talk about Satan? This woman comes straight from h-e-double hockey sticks!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
YAY! Just what I need! I thread devoted to weight loss!

I''ve been trying SO hard to lose weight before my wedding (8/14/10) and so far I am down 12 pounds since August 1st. Its been painfully slow, plus I fractured my foot, so excerise has been nil! I try on dresses on November 11th and I am still terrified! I already talked to the people at the shop I am going to (Pronovias in NYC) and told them that I am currently a street size 18 and freaking out that I will be laughed out of the store. Luckily my mind was put at ease(kinda) when they told me that I shouldn''t worry and they will work with me and make me feel as comfortable happy as possible. whew. Thats a boat load of information! I hope this gets sticked! Can''t wait to share success with everyone!
9.gif
9.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 3:55:41 PM

Date: 10/16/2009 3:30:26 PM
Author: sunnyd

31.gif

Ditto! Or a very dry white. Nom nom nom.
Really??? You think??? I always thought that glass per glass, white had less calories! And, BTW, I really only drink dry white - no likey sweet whites!

Well, it would probably help anyway just because I probably wouldn''t have as much...cuz I don''t like red as much!!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
And...speaking of Satan Workout Videos...have you guys seen the commercial for the one called "INSANITY"??? Same company as "Slim in 6" and it really does look insane...and tortuous!!! Yikes!
14.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 7:40:15 PM
Author: purelily
Hi Cindygenit My weight loss is not going anywhere
7.gif
I''ve been sort of depressed lately about job stuff etc. So, I haven''t been watching the weight as well as I should, but the stress keeps me from eating too badly so i guess its okay? ;-)

Sorry I''ve been MIA for awhile... I just have a lot of stuff non-wedding related going on right now
That''s ok purelily! Don''t beat yourself up, its just life...

We''ll be here when you''re ready to make a change
1.gif

I still weigh the same this week... Hrmmm i think i didn''t exercise as much and wasn''t watching what I was eating LOL

It''s my off week
3.gif
i''ll do better this week hehe

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks purelily for this thread, this is great.

Height 5'' 3".
Current weight is 127 lbs.
Target weight is 118-120
Time till target time is less than 2 months.

yikes!
32.gif

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Yay make this sticky! I need a weight loss home. I don''t need to lose a ton (and magically I''ve been losing weight unintentionally), but I would like to get back on track with the exercise and eating healthier like I did before real life started (after college). I like my body size, but I''m just so darn squishy now. I''ve just started taking pilates again at a studio up the street from my apt. I love the studio and instructors but classes are so expensive. We''re talking $35/55 min class...We''ll see how long my bank acct can handle pilates

Anyway here are my stats:

Height: 5'' (5''1" on a good day
2.gif
)
Weight: 102
"Jiggle" rating (on a scale from 1-10): 8--pretty darn jiggly
Wedding date: 06/20/2010

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
woops forgot the "goal weight"...I''m going to say 95-100..but mainly just want to get less squishy so not losing weight wouldn''t bother me horribly.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
MP, I too have a doughy physique LOL

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hey there ladies--what''s everyone up to this week for weight loss?

I''m going to make some vegetable soup for dinner tonight. Nom nom nom. :)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
19 days left for me...and I have no motivation to work out!!
39.gif
There''s just too much going on and it sucks.

The only good thing is that I now know that I will be in the middle of my cycle at wedding time (it''s been totally wonky since stopping BC in June) so no bloatedness! Woohoo!!
3.gif

I need to focus on my arms and abs in the next 2 weeks. Focus. Yes.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 2:10:04 PM
Hey there ladies--what''s everyone up to this week for weight loss?

I''m going to make some vegetable soup for dinner tonight. Nom nom nom. :)

I love soup! I think it''s because I''m too lazy to chew...but anyhow, soup sounds sooo good right now. raining buckets where I am.

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
WOO!! down 2 pounds this week for a total of 14 so far!! nice! 46 pounds to go!
9.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Sunnyd-you are LUCKY! to know you where you''ll be cycle wise. In the last few years my weight has started to fluctuate by 5-7lbs right around my period.

That being said, the past three weeks i''ve made a concerted effort to eat breakfast, and more portion controlled meals throughout the day instead of haphazardly huge meals at 9 or 10 pm.

Maybeeee a little more activity day to day. I''m down 7lbs to 131.5.

Going to a yoga class today. There IS a special where I can sign up for a month unlimited my first month for a discount...not sure I''ll stick to it though.

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock

If this sticks can I join too? I''m technically married (we eloped) but for our 7th anniversary we''re going to vegas to have a real "wedding" ... WOOOHOOO! That means I have 2.5 years to slim down (plus I''d like to see my weight down before my 25th bday

1.gif
- 2 years). Here are my stats....

5 ft 6in
275 lbs
Size 18 to 20
Emotional eater
Joining Overeaters Anonymous on Saturday
36.gif

Goal: Size 10

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
yay for new weight loss thread! i''m only down .2 this week, but i''ll take it. slow & steady wins the race...right?!

starting weight: 177.8
current weight: 173
goal weight: 157

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results