shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 4:05:43 PM
Author: ladypirate

Date: 11/9/2009 8:42:22 PM
Author: cindygenit
LP, how much weight does K have to lose? And what is his problem in getting that pesky pounds off? Is he lacking motivation to exercise, eating too much?

My FI is also a bit overweight, and to help him be healthier and lose weight, I cook very healthy meals in the house and he has to eat it!! His job is very physical, but he eats so much sweets and bread and that''s what''s causing him to gain weight. I have successfully cut out full cream milk and white bread from his diet entirely. It took me 3 years to convince him Hi-Lo milk tastes nice.
4.gif

He could probably lose 30 pounds or so (he''s 6''7'', so he hides it well, but he''s very conscious of it). He doesn''t exercise as much as he should (although we''ve been working on that--he''s started doing some low-impact exercise in the mornings, but I''d like to see him do more cardio). It''s hard here in the Pacific NW because we get a lot of rain most of the year so it''s difficult to do things outside and we don''t belong to a gym.

As far as food goes, we eat pretty healthy but he has some issues with portion control. The biggest thing is bread. I''ve been trying to make the switch over to whole wheat but he complains about it bitterly.
I see your problem. The easiest and cheapest way to exercise is to walk/ run and that''s not easy to do when you''re in a rainy part of the country. I am usually against going to the gym, but in your case, it might be worthwhile!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you get over the swine flu soon cinnamongurl!!!! So sorry about that
7.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies - was posting about how i needed to loose a little weight to fit in my dress. I tried in on at the end of september, and i couldn''t breathe. This time it was much better, although still a little too tight. But they are giving me a tiny bit of a let out in the rib cage, and everything else fit pretty perfectly. I was very glad, since i''ve been trying pretty hard to lose a bit since Aug. I didn''t lose a ton, but enough to make the dress fit anyway! (yay)

So thought i''d post a pic from when i went back to try it on - please let me know if you think it looks too tight? thanks!

myweddingdress60.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another....other side angle. thoughts?

originalweddingdressforV200.jpg

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I can see its a little tight in the rib cage (a bit of rouching), but honestly, it would not be noticeable at all. I only noticed it because i was really scrutinising the photos.

Great job on the weight loss violet! keep it up!
1.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Lost a [pound over the past two weeks =)

I now weigh 137.1 pounds. YAY!

4 pounds to go.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I joined (kinda) a while ago but haven''t updated.

Initial weight: 166 (on 10/31/09)
Weight today: 162.5 (11/17/09)
Goal weight: 145-150

It is super hard to keep motivated sometimes, but I really gotta keep at this. The worst part is for my body, I really have to cut a significant amount of calories to see results. If I eat somewhat less, then I mostly maintain or drop a lb over a month, but if I really cut (aka 1500 calories/day) I do see results. Sometimes it''s hard to stay there if you are at a nice dinner or on a trip or out with friends for drinks, etc... The sweets and dinners that come along with the holidays are going to be hard. I just really need to focus and keep on track. I find if I go off, it''s really hard to get back on.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi nkarma!! I remember you =)

Congratulations on your weight loss, and yes, you do have to keep at it.

Ultimately you have to change your mindset about food in general.

The hardest thing for me is making the correct food choices everyday. Its so hard to eat a salad when your friend/colleague is eating curry or a yummy burger LOL

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Gah I just realize this finally got stickied! I was thinking it must have dropped down several pages and was about to go hunting for it!

I''m happy to report that I was below 120 today for the first time since probably August (when I started packing it on!). So seeing 119.6 this morning was quite refreshing and gave me a little bit of hope that I can continue losing and get back at least to my normal weight of 115 sometime soon. Been eating a lot of salads with chicken and more veggies in general. I should probably cut back on my alcohol consumption as I''d probably lose a pound or so!

I tried on dresses for the first time this past weekend and was a little bummed that I was up in weight, although it gives me hope that by the time the wedding rolls around, hopefully I will be happy with my weight and my look.

Sounds like everyone is doing great still and I will be back to check in more regularly!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Magsymay, I saw your dress shopping thread. As someone nowhere near 120, I have to say that you have a great body. I know it's all relative to your body type and height and where you have been in the past weight-wise, but I would love you to have that figure. I think you will have the pick of the lot as far as dresses that are flattering. Good luck with the weight loss!! It's nice to know we have this supportive network. Can I post sometimes saying don't let me eat seconds?!?!? Maybe someone will stop me. But actually I have been super good and I hope to remain so in the coming months.

Cindy, I can eat that stuff when trying to maintain. My body is pretty darn good at maintaining, so it's hard to diet and change that mindset for only a little while. But that is what I should tell myself, it's not permanent. You can eat a little bit more when you are thinner!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
nkarma, Thank you for the sweet compliments!
1.gif
I realize I'm still at a totally normal/healthy weight for my height but when I put on about 9 pounds in less than 2 months, I realized that's not healthy and I needed to get things under control. I also want to lose some more weight before my wedding (in September) and don't want to have to try and do it all at the end when I'll be stressed enough about other things! It's so difficult to lose weight when you are shorter/petite and don't have a ton to lose, so I really need to be vigilant about my diet/exercise!

It sounds like you also have to cut calories pretty significantly to see any weight loss, so I know how that feels! Holidays are going to be tough for me for sure!
5.gif

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
I heard something interesting from my professor today so I thought I''d share it with you ladies. He recently dropped 80 pounds as part of a weight management program, and he said that this was one of the first exercises that they did with him. I''ll fill in my numbers since I don''t know his, but you''ll get the idea.

How many pounds overweight are you? 10
When did you start being overweight? I was 19 (9 years ago)

10 lbs * 3500 calories/lb of body fat = 35,000 calories extra I consumed

35,000 calories / 9 years = 3889 calories/year
3889 calories/year * (1 year/365 days) = 10.65 calories per day extra

So basically, I have gained 10 lbs in 9 years by eating an average of an extra 2 peanuts per day (there are 6 calories per peanut).

Obviously this is just an average, in real life you diet, splurge and restrict, etc, but it really puts everything into perspective. Now I''m determined to cut out the sugar in my morning tea.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
MagsMay--are you still doing the 30DS? How do you like Level 2? I feel like Level 2 isn''t as hard on strength and abs for some reason. Do you?

Down to 132lbs...my actual goal weight is 123lbs, not 126. But I''m close!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Miya: That''s really interesting! I believe it too, for me at least. I gain weight so easily!

Cupcake: Congrats on the weight loss! Less than 10 lbs to go! I am still doing 30DS, although I don''t do it daily like you are "supposed" to. I do it usually every other day and try to get in cardio on the other days (although knee issues are again keeping me from running GRRR!). I also felt like Level 2 wasn''t as hard on strength for certain muscle groups, and actually don''t even know if I feel like Level 3 is either (although it kicks my butt!)! What I''ve found is that each level works different muscle groups a bit differently, so I usually rotate through the levels instead of moving to the next and never looking back.

Level 2 seems to work shoulders a ton with all that stuff in plank pose! Level 3 works my back/lower back a ton, which I learned when I could hardly roll over in bed the morning after I did it for the first time!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
After being under the weather for more than two weeks, I am now 121.5lbs. Not feeling well actually boost my appetite, if that makes sense. Lost two pounds this month.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
How''s everyone doing after Thanksgiving?? After being away from home for 5 days, I''m happy to report I "only" gained about 1.5 pounds, and after a night''s sleep and a clean eating day, hopefully it''ll only be about .5 pounds by tomorrow morning!

I tweaked something in my shoulder and it is really annoying me. I''ve had shoulder issues since my gymnastics/cheerleading days where it goes in and out of the socket...I think I may have strained or slightly torn my rotator cuff because the pain is in the inside, not like my shoulder muscle or anything.... GRRR! Anyways, going to try to avoid any upper body strength workouts for a little, although I haven''t done anything in a week anyways!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Just recover from being sick for the last three weeks. Have not going to the gym for the last three weeks but weight still same so its a relieved. I''m still at 121.50 lbs. My goal is to lose 1 lbs/wk and hope to be 6.5 lbs lighter by my wedding day.

The cold weather doesn''t help as it induces hunger.
39.gif

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 5:35:53 PM
Author: joelly
Just recover from being sick for the last three weeks. Have not going to the gym for the last three weeks but weight still same so its a relieved. I''m still at 121.50 lbs. My goal is to lose 1 lbs/wk and hope to be 6.5 lbs lighter by my wedding day.

The cold weather doesn''t help as it induces hunger.
39.gif

Joelly, I totally know how you feel! It''s been freezing and I''ve gained 4 lbs since Thanksgiving! I think 1 lb. a week is a great goal. That pace seems to work the best for me. Boo for being sick! hope you''re feeling better now!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I have been afraid to post here because I got off track a little. Blame thanksgiving. The good news is I am still (after a little gain and then loss) at 162 (5 lbs down). I decided yesterday that I really really need to commit or quit and I have been wanting lose weight for about oh 2 years and tried fruitlessly a few times so it''s now or never. I am really into this again and have started doing the 1500 calories/day thing. My goal weight is 145 (17 more lbs to go!) and I WILL stay on course through Jan. May take a small weight loss (but definitely maintain) break for 2 weeks in Feb for 2 trips I am going on.

Goal for this week, keep on track with calories, don''t drink any alcohol until next Friday for my sis''s graduation!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Hi girls! It''s so easy to get off track this time of year, so try not to beat yourself up about it!

I''ve pretty much not worked out since before Thanksgiving and haven''t been eating great, but I guess I haven''t been eating as much so that''s good. Oddly enough, I''ve lost weight (I think from not working out, I swear it makes me gain weight!), so that''s good.

This morning I was 117.8, first time in the 117s in several months! Woohoo!!

Hopefully I can keep up the trend, although I''m sure a few lbs will pile back around when I go home for about a week around Christmas!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPants: Thanks a bunch! I am feeling well already with just a tad of cough. I hate cough, its embarrasing, honestly.

nkarma: please don't feel bad, vent to us, thats why we're here. Keep up the good work!!! I'll cheer for you!!!

Magsymay: good job!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
at making it to 117lbs. Thats my dream!!! Hope to get there by my wedding date.

All in all, I haven't had the chance to hit the gym, with the apt hunting and all, I'm pooped once I got home. Hope this weekend I can move into our new apt, cross all fingers and toes here.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
just thought I''d share some "words of wisdom"... If you warm up a cookie, your much more likely to eat the whole thing...
15.gif

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Just popped in to say hi :) I joined Weight Watchers recently -- I''m a bit skeptical, but hopefully it works! Anyone else try weightwatchers?

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Ah! I just realized this thread is "permanent" I joined awhile back, but couldn''t find the thread so just kept on my own routine.

My Stats:
Height: 5''9
Last weigh in here: October 5. Weight: 149
Current weight 147.3

My goal weight is 135, but I''d be more than happy at 140!

Congrats to everyone! The holidays are always the hardest!

By the way...I bought the wii fit last week mainly for the balance board to use with some of our games and decided to try out wii fit. Its actually a ton of fun, and I think its helping! I use it for 30 minutes on my off days from the gym! You burn calories while having fun, the boxing is my favorite! It also tracks your weight(very accurate, it matches our scale almost to the ounce!) Might be worth a try for anyone who wants something low impact or like me to use on the off days from the gym.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Good job Nov. Purelily, I have never done weight watchers but I have seen so many people do it successfully. It is a slow healthy weight loss because you focus on eating less and substituting lower calorie foods. Also eatier healthier snacks (fruits and veggies) if you don't do that already. I think if you stick with it you will have lots of luck.

Good news for me, I am at 159.5 (originally 167) so at least 10 more lbs for my 145-150 goal. The next 1.5 weeks starting on xmas day are going to be the hardest of all. Obviously xmas....I want my coffee and baileys! And the 2 days following we are wine tasting in sonoma and hitting a really good restaurant and then a few days after that I will have friends in town for new years and they have all these eating/drinking events planned. I really need to focus in all of this. I wonder if I should go on a break and just try to maintain or if I should keep going for loss. If so, I will not be participating (I will be there) but drinking sparkly water and paying $30 to eat a few bites at our family style chinese dinner. Hmmmm!

Well immediate goal is to keep up to Christmas day. I think it is likely I will take a week long break at that point but of course really watch what I eat and exercise a lot so that there definitely is no gaining.

Any other updates??

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies,

noticed this thread hasn''t been very active lately. How was everyones'' holiday? My jeans are definitely a little tighter, but can''t gather the nerve to weigh myself...wedding''s in 6 months. I will lose those 15 lbs!!!

Happy New Year!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I am still here....Took a break for the holidays...still on a break actually and considering cutting calories majorly again. Someone say something to motivate me. Like as soon as you lose the weight, you can go dress shopping.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Hi, ladies!

I haven''t been very active in BWW lately, but I''m going to try to change that. This year, I''m finally off my butt and ready to get in shape. I guess I finally got tired of hearing the "you need to lose weight" comments from my mom (who of course means well). This is the year we''re planning to get married (but we''re having some LDR issues and the wedding may be moved back, will keep everyone posted) and I will be 28. I want to look great in a bikini again and since I live in Fl, it''s hard not to be a little jealous of those in their early 20s who don''t work out, can eat anything, and still not gain a pound! Granted, I was one of those as well. I guess I didn''t believe people who told me that your metabolism slows down in your later 20s! And boy, how mine has slowed down! Anyways on to what I''ve done so far as well as some stats.

Height: 5''2
Weight: 150lbs (from my last visit with my doctor on 12/28/09)
Goal: 125lbs by April 2010 (which is my bday month)

For week 1/4-1/9
I have worked out (cardio for at least 45 minutes a day if not 1 hour a day) everyday in the morning, except for yesterday. I work nights so now I don''t have any excuses left about waking up to early to work out. I have also been keeping a journal of what I eat on a daily basis. I also stopped drinking soda. I now drink teas. If I make myself hot tea, I no longer add sugar. I eat at least 1 fruit a day and I have smaller portions throughout the day. I eat maybe 5-6x thoughtout the day but nothing huge at any point. If I''m hungry at night, I drink a small glass of soymilk.

Results:
I purchased a scale last night and tried it this morning. I now weight 144lbs! So I''m definitely excited. I feel more toned, but no pain, no gain! Now all I need to do is keep this up and I''m excited to see some improvement on my weight. Next thing on my list is to get my tummy in shape as well too. Anyone have any thoughts on how to achieve that?

I hope everyone is doing well with their workouts!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 7:41:53 PM
Author: nkarma
I am still here....Took a break for the holidays...still on a break actually and considering cutting calories majorly again. Someone say something to motivate me. Like as soon as you lose the weight, you can go dress shopping.
ok, as soon as you lose the weight you can go dress shopping.
3.gif

well i''m doing a mini marathon in april so that means i have to start running now
9.gif
the training plan i''m using conveniently has mondays as an off day, so today, hopefully, is swimming
14.gif

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2010 8:25:42 AM
Author: Luckyeshe
Hi, ladies!

I haven''t been very active in BWW lately, but I''m going to try to change that. This year, I''m finally off my butt and ready to get in shape. I guess I finally got tired of hearing the ''you need to lose weight'' comments from my mom (who of course means well). This is the year we''re planning to get married (but we''re having some LDR issues and the wedding may be moved back, will keep everyone posted) and I will be 28. I want to look great in a bikini again and since I live in Fl, it''s hard not to be a little jealous of those in their early 20s who don''t work out, can eat anything, and still not gain a pound! Granted, I was one of those as well. I guess I didn''t believe people who told me that your metabolism slows down in your later 20s! And boy, how mine has slowed down! Anyways on to what I''ve done so far as well as some stats.

Height: 5''2
Weight: 150lbs (from my last visit with my doctor on 12/28/09)
Goal: 125lbs by April 2010 (which is my bday month)

For week 1/4-1/9
I have worked out (cardio for at least 45 minutes a day if not 1 hour a day) everyday in the morning, except for yesterday. I work nights so now I don''t have any excuses left about waking up to early to work out. I have also been keeping a journal of what I eat on a daily basis. I also stopped drinking soda. I now drink teas. If I make myself hot tea, I no longer add sugar. I eat at least 1 fruit a day and I have smaller portions throughout the day. I eat maybe 5-6x thoughtout the day but nothing huge at any point. If I''m hungry at night, I drink a small glass of soymilk.

Results:
I purchased a scale last night and tried it this morning. I now weight 144lbs! So I''m definitely excited. I feel more toned, but no pain, no gain! Now all I need to do is keep this up and I''m excited to see some improvement on my weight. Next thing on my list is to get my tummy in shape as well too. Anyone have any thoughts on how to achieve that?

I hope everyone is doing well with their workouts!
Good job Luckyeshe! If you ever feel unmotivated remember we are here for you. I just started again seriously and am feeling way better. I really need to remember the awful feelings I have when I am not being so good. I am disappointed in myself. It feels way better when you are actually really working for it. Hopefully I will have some good news (aka a lb or 2 off in the next few days). I have lost 7 so far, at least 10 more to go!

P.S. Lucky, you are really lucky (hehe) you had the eat whatever you want metabolism. I have never had that in my early twenties or any other time! I am 26...27 in a few weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results