shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 8:49:59 PM
Author: cindygenit

I wonder how I will go this week. Probably won''t lose any weight. But i can''t beat myself up. Everyone can have an off-week can''t they?
25.gif

clicked on this thread, and these are my exact thoughts for this week. UGH! but it was FI bday, then we both got really sick, then went to a halloween party! so, i def was not keeping track of my diet. i''m expecting to have put back on a few pounds this week
39.gif
39.gif
oh well, start new today!

everyone seems to be do so great, just wanted to say
36.gif
CONGRATS
36.gif

i''ll be back tonight with my weigh in.

princessk731

Rough_Rock
This thread seems to be doing better than the LIW! So in the last year I have lost 25 pounds and kept it off. It is the last 25 that is giving me such trouble. Man I have yo yoed with the same 5 pounds for about 3 months now and am sick and tired of it!! I would like to be 125-130 by the time I get married ( I have a year!!) Which means I have a lot of work to do!

Any suggestions?

joelly

Ideal_Rock
princess, just keep doing it everyday, you will get there.
36.gif

What are you doing for exercise?

princessk731

Rough_Rock
Thanks joelly: I go to the gym and do 30-45 minutes of cardio (eliptical usually) 5-6 days a week and have been doing 300-400 crunches every other day.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Mix up your routine and the last 5 should come off pretty quick! Our bodies get used to exercise over time, so you have to keep it on its toes to keep losing. Good luck!

princessk731

Rough_Rock
Thanks sunnyd I am trying really hard, I guess I do need to change it up, but when it was working MAN was it working :) Any idea of new work out routines for any gym goers?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Does your gym offer any classes? That''s the easiest way to mix things up - they do every time!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Totally agree with sunnyd!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to all those with continued weight loss!! You gals are amazing, keep it up!!

Those who are struggling at the moment, keep your chin up! The other girls are right. Mixing up your routine might be key. I also heard interval training is awesome for weight loss. Don''t quote me on that though hahaha

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Princess: One way to blast out of a rut is with HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). It is basically shorter cardio workouts that usually alternate intervals of regular/moderate paced cardio and then a sprint burst of the same cardio. The workouts are usually between 15-20 minutes but they are killer! You can do this on an elliptical, bike, treadmill, or track. Try googling it and see what you find!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 12:00:46 PM
Author: MagsyMay
Cindy, WOW only 5 pounds away!! That''s great!!!

I''m still trudging along, down a bit when I''m really ''good'' and don''t eat a lot, and then back up a pound or so every time I have a meal out or anything out of my normal routine. Grrr...
This is totally normal. Just be conscious of what you eat. I notice that when I am eating more carbs, I am heavier. When i eat a lot of salads, then i am lighter. So, i only weigh myself once a week. I know that as long as I eat clean food and not too much, i will still lose some weight at the end of the week
1.gif

I''m having yoga withdrawal symptoms. Haven''t been for ages!!!
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Whats a yoga withdrawal simptoms?

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
i haven''t gone for so long that i feel unfit and i have an OVERWHELMING desire to go and sweat myself silly
3.gif
i must be a yoga addict!

All good now, i went to yoga last night hahahahaha I found during last night''s session that I am really good at inversions! Woot =)

My fave pose at the moment... SO GOOD!

thecamel.jpeg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow! No wonder you look good, Cindy!
36.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks joelly! I love yoga, its very low impact but you still get a good workout.

What do u do to exercise by the way? You seem to be having more success than me in the weight loss department.
9.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Cindy,

I run on a treadmill for 40mins everyday. I follow a guidance called learn-to-run from the Runnersworld magazine. It''s a DIY 10-week training. I am on my 2nd week training now. My MOH got me started on this. She has finished her first 5 K run by following this learn-to-run guidance.

I wasn''t so serious about this until FI and I getting started with planning the wedding. The wedding is totally a motivator for me. I take it like it''s my chance to look good
31.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i think i''ll try that learn to run thing
5.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
squirrll,

It''s really easy. Its on your own pace kind-of-thing and once you feel good about it, you''ll get addicted to run.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
haha squirrly i just have to chime in. I hated running with a passion in high school, but now that I''ve been doing it regularly for a few years, I love that I can just put some shoes on, go outside, and get some exercise...and it''s free! (well minus the expense of some good running shoes.)

I haven''t been contributing much lately because, well it''s that time of month and I feel like a whale. All I''ve been eating lately are chocolate chip cookies (FI is a fantastic cook and baker...) and nibbling from the office candy bowl
14.gif
Havent'' stepped on a scale because I''m pretty sure I don''t want to know the results. Maybe i''ll have enough courage to face the scale next week.
20.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! We got stickied!!

Confession time: Since the layoff 2 weeks ago, I feel like I''ve lost my routine. I''m looking forward to my freedom, but I''m finding that I''m a little lost right now. I was on a roll of going for a walk/run in my neighborhood almost every day (we have some major hills!!), and my frequency has dropped off quite a bit. Plus, I think I was getting bored. I''m hoping to mix it up a bit, get out of my rut, and try some classes - spin, pilates, etc. Gotta get re-motivated!!!!!

Also, I''ve been meaning to do this cleanse that my Acupuncturist recommended, but I just can''t committ...I need a huge dose of will power!!

I think it is the weather, too...it is getting colder here and it always makes me want to curl up in a blanket.

ARRRGH!!! GET GOING!!!
9.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
OMG STICKIED!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I don''t like running, its high impact. i will probably try swimming next. Its nice weather now in Perth :)

Rock of Love, hope you get that motivation that you need! It took a long time for the "wanting to be healthy mindset" to kick in, eventhough my mum have been telling me that for the past ten years!!! LOL (well, maybe not ten years, but it feels like it =))

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
So i have been losing weight since august but pretty slowly. I am down 17 pounds but i still have 50 pounds to go!!
32.gif
32.gif
I am terrified that I will look like shamu when I walk down the aisle and my pictures will be a constant reminder of my failed goal. I have until August so there is hope, but I am starting to feel defeated and on top of this I am trying on dresses for the first time on wednesday. I am terrified. I called up the store (I am going to Pronovias in NYC) and they assured me that it would be fine and that they have had people much bigger than me try on dresses there, but I am still scared. I just want to experience to go well and be fun. At least the dresses I like are all very forgiving and flowy on the bottom half. **sigh** I just joined the gym by my house (for $19 a month!) so that should hopefully get me out of this plateau. I just hope by my wedding day I am satisfied with the way I look and feel. Anyway, sorry for the rant, I''m just freaking out a little bit about the dresses.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2009 1:09:29 PM
Author: Bjedifish
So i have been losing weight since august but pretty slowly. I am down 17 pounds but i still have 50 pounds to go!!
32.gif
32.gif
I am terrified that I will look like shamu when I walk down the aisle and my pictures will be a constant reminder of my failed goal. I have until August so there is hope, but I am starting to feel defeated and on top of this I am trying on dresses for the first time on wednesday. I am terrified. I called up the store (I am going to Pronovias in NYC) and they assured me that it would be fine and that they have had people much bigger than me try on dresses there, but I am still scared. I just want to experience to go well and be fun. At least the dresses I like are all very forgiving and flowy on the bottom half. **sigh** I just joined the gym by my house (for $19 a month!) so that should hopefully get me out of this plateau. I just hope by my wedding day I am satisfied with the way I look and feel. Anyway, sorry for the rant, I''m just freaking out a little bit about the dresses.
Oh hun, don''t be scared!!! Just be confident that you will look GREAT when you have found THE dress
9.gif
And I promise you, we will help you get to where you want to be
2.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

I need to give an update about myself hehehe

Well, my one week off is turning into a two week off because I have the FRIGGIN cold, a bad one too!! My throat is painfully itchy and sore, i have trouble keeping my eyes open, and my nose is congested. My body feels like its on fire but my extremities are cold as ice. And to add to the long list of symptoms, I have a headache!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

OHMYGOSH, cold please go away!!!
8.gif

I weighed myself yesterday, and my weight is stable at least. I didn''t gain or lose any weight.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies! So I''m pretty happy with my weight loss goals and don''t think I''ll have a problem getting there--K on the other hand is not as happy. Any tips for helping FIs lose a few pounds?

princessk731

Rough_Rock
bjedifish: I was where you are a few months ago. Start doing about 30 minutes at the gym a day and if you are looking for a great diet to help with the plateau thing look into Weight Watchers it has helped me loose 20 pounds. I still have a ways to go, but thought that might help

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
LP, how much weight does K have to lose? And what is his problem in getting that pesky pounds off? Is he lacking motivation to exercise, eating too much?

My FI is also a bit overweight, and to help him be healthier and lose weight, I cook very healthy meals in the house and he has to eat it!! His job is very physical, but he eats so much sweets and bread and that''s what''s causing him to gain weight. I have successfully cut out full cream milk and white bread from his diet entirely. It took me 3 years to convince him Hi-Lo milk tastes nice.
4.gif

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
I''m having a bit of a down day. I''ve hit a plateau, and while FI says it''s normal (I have lost 10lbs in the past 6 months or so), it''s pretty frustrating. I do a lot of high-interval cardio work (1 hr, 4x per week), and I know I have to increase it and add weights, but with school and wedding planning it has been really hard for the past month. I''ve been going up and down two lbs for the past two weeks, and I just need some support.

FI says I''m crazy and I look great, but I really think that losing another 10-15 lbs would make me feel a lot better about myself before the wedding. The pressure is on right now because I go back to medical school in January, and it is very hard to exercise consistently while I''m on rotations.

Anyway, enough excuses, I''m going to go run another 2 miles and lift weights tomorrow. Hopefully that gets me out of my funk!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 8:42:22 PM
Author: cindygenit
LP, how much weight does K have to lose? And what is his problem in getting that pesky pounds off? Is he lacking motivation to exercise, eating too much?

My FI is also a bit overweight, and to help him be healthier and lose weight, I cook very healthy meals in the house and he has to eat it!! His job is very physical, but he eats so much sweets and bread and that''s what''s causing him to gain weight. I have successfully cut out full cream milk and white bread from his diet entirely. It took me 3 years to convince him Hi-Lo milk tastes nice.
4.gif

He could probably lose 30 pounds or so (he''s 6''7", so he hides it well, but he''s very conscious of it). He doesn''t exercise as much as he should (although we''ve been working on that--he''s started doing some low-impact exercise in the mornings, but I''d like to see him do more cardio). It''s hard here in the Pacific NW because we get a lot of rain most of the year so it''s difficult to do things outside and we don''t belong to a gym.

As far as food goes, we eat pretty healthy but he has some issues with portion control. The biggest thing is bread. I''ve been trying to make the switch over to whole wheat but he complains about it bitterly.

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
I was unfortunate enough to get the Swine Flu a few days ago...fortunately I am down 4 pounds since Sunday because of it.
14.gif

I have about 11-16 pounds to go to reach my goal if I can keep this flu weight loss off! Keep it up ladies!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results