shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Maple, i know what you mean! those workouts make me really hungry too, and when you're close to that time of the month on top of it, it's so frustrating!! i'd say stick with it too! I haven't lost weight (haven't gained either), but my fiance is commenting how i look more toned and i don't have a muffin top anymore and my clothes are fitting better. don't go by the scale, go by how you feel. I feel more toned, especially in my shoulders, arms, and legs, even my abs just a little bit. I've also found drinking water before putting anything else in my mouth helps, because it's possible I am thirsty, not hungry. Finally, when I can't stand it and HAVE to have chocolate or chips, I portion it out on a really small plate and do nothing but eat it, so I know how much is going into my body

If you can, try to do it first thing in the morning. Some days I forget that I've already worked out because I've already gotten it out of the way, which is such a good feeling when I think about the literal insanity of the workouts.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Weighing in this week at 158.0! Glad I got back on track with everything this week.

I think I am going to wait to try T25. My mom generously offered me the elliptical that she had at home. We had split the cost of it a few years back and since I moved in with FI, I just left it there for her. She uses it every once in a while, but said that she knew I would use it more and she wouldn't feel right if I went out and bought a brand new one. She's the best mommy :)

It's also finally warming up here. We have only had highs in the teens and 20's (Fahrenheit) for about the past two months when our usual winters are around 30's and 40's. So, I can finally get outside to start running again.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
@ Mayflowers: Well that's very nice of your mom!! Good luck with whatever work out plan you choose and definitely continue to check in with us and let us know how it's going! :bigsmile:

Update on my Insanity Work Out: I wore a pair of jeans I had not worn in a year and a half to work on Friday.... I also did my pilates class for the first time today since I started insanity and I was so much stronger on the Reformer machine. I was keeping up with everyone in the class and on some occasions, had better form and kept going longer than the other ladies (and this NEVER happens). I seem to go from gaining 2 pounds to dropping 2 pounds every 2 days and in the end haven't lost anything but I do feel stronger and the fiancee states I'm toner SO I will continue with Insanity for the first 30 days and will then check in with my progress. I mean... my jeans fit now for crying out loud and they did NOT 2 weeks ago so that must count for something right? :appl:

The part I really need to get under control is the FOOD and that will be the toughest as I've never been so hungry in my life until I started this work out. I start week 3 of Insanity on Monday and my goal is to REALLY get the food portion under control for week 3 and 4 then weigh in at the end of that. I'm sure I will lose if I can only get that under control.

It's just really tough since we get free (typically unhealthy) lunch at work everyday and it's so hard to turn it down when it's put in front of you. ;( I really want to get myself on a schedule of eating five 300 calorie meals a day or so.

Fingers crossed, ladies!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to post that I completed my first early morning workout! Woke up at 5:15 and got in 45 minutes on the elliptical! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I no longer have a wedding date I'm working towards, but it doesn't mean I don't want to continue this. I hope you brides don't mind me popping in time to time as a way to stay accountable!

09/21/13 Start day
10/12/13 -04 pounds
10/27/13 -11 pounds
11/02/13 goal: -13 pounds -12.6 pounds
11/09/13 goal: -15 pounds -13 pounds
11/16/13 goal: -15 pounds -13 pounds
11/23/13 goal: -17 pounds -15.6 pounds
11/28/13 goal: -17 pounds -17.2 pounds
02/24/14 -23.3 pounds
03/07/14 goal: -27 pounds
03/20/14 Spring Break goal: -30 pounds

I fell off the train track just a little bit during the holidays, and it took a while for me to bounce back, but here I am! I just surpassed one of those '5' markers (y'know, 140, 145, 150 ,155, 160, etc...) this morning, so I'm thrilled. I've been using MFP app to track calories as well as any weight changes, and I've been using Happy Scale app to break down my goals into mini goals, as well as give me predictions.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
What is this happy scale you speak of...

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Insanity Ladies,

How are you doing with the video series? I took a two day break after I started getting migraines but I start back up today. Also funny story but I could NOT lose weight while on Insanity - I kept going up and down up an down. Well after taking a 2 day break I am now down 3 lbs... and I haven't been eating any healthier than I was before.

My guess is that possibly my muscles got a break from the pain and intensity so they are not retaining the water they were previously?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
We all hit a wall just recently and the momentum stopped. All of is are slowly getting back on the wagon, though... Slowly. I also lost weight during my little hiatus. I think it's the reduced swelling of the muscles. I anticipate some weight gain initially when I start back up, but then again I may not. My metabolism has definitely picked up since starting so the burn may have been initiated by now

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I already downloaded it, genius! Thanks for the tip!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
maple2012|1393280406|3622178 said:
Insanity Ladies,

How are you doing with the video series? I took a two day break after I started getting migraines but I start back up today. Also funny story but I could NOT lose weight while on Insanity - I kept going up and down up an down. Well after taking a 2 day break I am now down 3 lbs... and I haven't been eating any healthier than I was before.

My guess is that possibly my muscles got a break from the pain and intensity so they are not retaining the water they were previously?

I was midway through week 1 of month 2 when sh*t hit the fan for me. I woke up on Saturday with a sore throat and congestion, worked out anyway (HOW STUPID). Took my dog to the park, where she got into a scuffle with another dog and I ended up getting a small bite and deep scratch by one of them. Then later that day developed pink eye in my right eye. Sunday both eyes took a turn for the worst, went to a walk-in clinic, confirmed pink eye in both eyes. Did not work out. Had to take Monday off of work, sore throat and congestion got worse - didn't work out. Took today off as well, and everything else got worse except the eyes, so skipped today too. Will probably skip Wednesday to give my body a break since I have to be back at work, and try to pick up again Thursday. But like you guys, I've lost about 5 pounds since last Thursday, so maybe the muscles are getting a rest.

In wedding dress news - went to my fitting on Saturday and my dress has to be let out 2 inches in the chest since the seamstress said I just had to wear all the necessary undergarments. Oh well. The good news is I won't lose the zipper with the buttons I love so much, I was afraid she was going to replace it with a corset. My job between now and April 19 is to not GAIN any weight, which I hope I can manage!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
I am back on Insanity tomorrow and plan to finish week 4. I should have had it done this week but I took a break after getting unmotivated by not seeing the scale drop. Here goes nothing....!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
wondering if any ladies have recommendations with appetite suppressant pills or foods (natural)

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
None - I wouldn't really recommend them, either.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
As a side note, I lost 15 pounds after insanity. Win!

RingGirl

Rough_Rock
We got engaged a few months ago and I got a dress for a great bargain.
I did really think about loosing Weight , maybe it's a feminist thing, maybe it's because I had so much more going on in my life or just because I felt good in my skin...

After an amazing vacation two months ago + the winter I gained Weight . I have a belly and I HATE IT, It's been a process, but now I feel that I'm ready and want to loose a Weight .

I don't expect to be a skinny bride (I'm 177 pounds now :blackeye: and the wedding is 5 months away) but, will be happy to loose as much as possible in a healthy way.

I will start going to the gym next week, probably will start running. Do you have any ideas what exercises can I do at home? (can't stand working out in public) videos that don't require special equipment?

Or just tips that can help :geek:

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
wondering if any ladies have recommendations with appetite suppressant pills or foods (natural)

https://www.boredpanda.com/what-200-calories-look-like/

Here’s a page that shows how much food you can eat for 200 calories. This means that if you steam a ton of broccoli and keep it in the fridge and keep eating it whenever you’re hungry, it’s pretty much an appetite suppressant. I also carry cereal in my bag (or a box of carrot sticks or broccoli) so I can nibble on it instead of buying snacks. Oatmeal and rice porridge is also great because I feel really full.

Drinking a glass of water before each meal, and another glass during the meal and more water after the meal makes me eat about 50% less. I drink it through a straw and you can add lemon if that helps.

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
We got engaged a few months ago and I got a dress for a great bargain.
I did really think about loosing Weight , maybe it's a feminist thing, maybe it's because I had so much more going on in my life or just because I felt good in my skin...

After an amazing vacation two months ago + the winter I gained Weight . I have a belly and I HATE IT, It's been a process, but now I feel that I'm ready and want to loose a Weight .

I don't expect to be a skinny bride (I'm 177 pounds now :blackeye: and the wedding is 5 months away) but, will be happy to loose as much as possible in a healthy way.

I will start going to the gym next week, probably will start running. Do you have any ideas what exercises can I do at home? (can't stand working out in public) videos that don't require special equipment?

Or just tips that can help :geek:

I lost a bit of weight for my wedding haha and it was killing me to not eat potato chips. If you want to lose weight, i think counting calories matters even more than exercise. It’s called CICO (calories in calories out) and I used that to lose weight. The Reddit forum “loseit” is great for support and info on CICO.

Some great videos on YouTube - Fitnessblender has a ton of body weight videos. I grew abs immediately after doing two videos in two weeks. I didn’t enjoy exercising though so I feel that being careful with my calories helps more. You can still eat a lot of food - you just have to count the calories carefully and eat more vegetables and soups to fill you up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results