shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Mayflowers! Love Jillian Micheals! I think you can accomplish the same things at home with Jillian that you can at the gym.

Great progress!

P.S. I did Paleo for about 8 months fairly strictly. That and walking/jogging was how I lost 40 lbs. It's a little restrictive but I can't even describe how awesome I felt. I slept great, my skin was super clear, and I lost weight. I did have one cheat day a week though. I am about half paleo right now but plan on getting back to it in the next couple weeks. I would recommend just trying a week and see how you feel at the end of it. If you have any questions let me know!

Good luck!

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
I've hired a personal trainer to kick my *** into getting shape. I want to lose 25 lbs. and tone up before my wedding on Aug. 30. I have led a pretty sedentary life, so I do want to feel healthy and fit during the wedding. Hopefully, I develop the discipline to keep at it even after! :)

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Glad to see everyone posting!!!

I have been a SLACKER this week and went over my calorie intake all week as well as skipped working out because work has been crazy busy. :(sad I am back on my diet tomorrow Friday however - so I will weigh in next on January 31st.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
SP&BC and I are doing the 60d insanity challenge together, and finally at the end of week 2 I have stopped gaining weight/staying stable and have seen a steady decline in my weight. My pant are feeling more loose and I'm looking forward to my dress fitting coming up and my dress ZIPPING, so far I'm only 5 pounds down - but I think I'm finally seeing results. :)

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Mico|1390600464|3600585 said:
SP&BC and I are doing the 60d insanity challenge together, and finally at the end of week 2 I have stopped gaining weight/staying stable and have seen a steady decline in my weight. My pant are feeling more loose and I'm looking forward to my dress fitting coming up and my dress ZIPPING, so far I'm only 5 pounds down - but I think I'm finally seeing results. :)

You inspired me to google 60 day insanity and learn about it. I think I am going to order it today! I love that you can do it at your home which would work great with my schedule!!!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
It's hard to start, but if you get a support group (that's what we did) you can moan together about your aches and pains as well as getting support when you don't feel like doing your workout that day.

Speaking of... I don't feet like doing mine, but I need to get to it. Blah.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
I ordered it last night. I think I will start it February 1st! So you'll soon have someone on this thread moaning about not wanting to do it. :bigsmile:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
maple2012 said:
I ordered it last night. I think I will start it February 1st! So you'll soon have someone on this thread moaning about not wanting to do it. :bigsmile:

Wooooo!!!
I just did my second fit test and had major improvements!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Boo. Feeling discouraged this morning. I worked out 5 times this week and ate fairly well. Only down .2 lbs. I have been lifting a little though to get my arms toned so maybe that's why....

New weight loss journey starting 1/15/14
Starting Weight: 154.2
Goal Weight: 135.0
D-Day: 9/6/14

Total to Lose: 19.0 lbs.

1/20/2014: 154.2
1/27/2014: 154.0

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Mico|1390773302|3601645 said:
maple2012 said:

Wooooo!!!
I just did my second fit test and had major improvements!

Yay!!! you still have to post your results!!!

Insanity is WAY more tolerable and doable with a support group. If it hadn't been for Mico starting it, I would've quit it into day 2 and just accepted that I would not fit into my wedding dress and get all the necessary alterations. Like her, I've been moaning and groaning my way through, but it's cool to see improvements with the fit test, and no longer being sore all the time.

I've lost about three pounds (will weigh in tomorrow and report back), but my dress zips again with nothing on underneath, and my clothes are fitting better, especially my pants. Dress fitting is February 22, and I don't care how much I weight, I just want my dress to fit with all my undergarments. Gotta keep my hands busy and body moving!

Maple - SO GLAD YOU'RE DOING IT!!! Keep at it, and join our FB group if you want the extra encouragement and support. It is a pretty funny group, and Mico's MOM does the workouts, she's amazing (and my personal source of motivation)

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, I don't care how much I weigh, I just just want my dress to zip! ... And no back fat... And no pimples on the day of the wedding ;-)

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Plus, my mom is adorable. SPBC get your mom in on this!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
I want to join the group! How do I find you? I am getting scared on starting the program now - haha! I worry I'm not fit enough to start it!
And as this is pricescope... here's my package I opened up today... and bling. LOL.

picture_50.png

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I have no clue, are you on PSFB? Maybe post for us over there and we can find you?

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
!

Agreed, Maple. There is a Pricescope FB group that you could join and from there Mico could add you. You can do this!! I did one of the workouts and burned almost 500 calories. INSANE.

Mico - I'd love to get my mom involved, but she still works 7 days a week. On top of being a second mom to my nephew, she's exhausted, and the last thing I"m going to do is put more on her to do. Sadly, this also goes for help with wedding too. Looks like I'm going to learn how to make bouquets via YouTube with one of my bridesmaids. :idea:

My weight has been so in flux the last two months, that I figured today would be a good day 1, despite already being 2 weeks into an exercise plan. Oh well.

Starting weight (as of this morning): 154.8
Heaviest weight: ever, probably 175. in the last year, 162.
Goal: FIT INTO THAT WEDDING DRESS BY 2/22

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Today was day 1 with the fit test! Oh my that was fun. :shock: I think I would have handled it better had I not gone drinking wine with the gals last night. I am excited about day 2 tomorrow and moving onto the work outs!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Drink tons of water! A kit 2L a day! And definitely look in to getting a HR monitor!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
3 weeks in and I've lost an inch in my waist! :)

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Great job Mico!

I am SO sore today. And it was from just doing the fitness test!!! Hah. I ended up taking a Tylenol this morning. Will start work out video 1 after the super bowl and will check in tonight with how it went. I also made my first dress appointment for Monday March 3rd (after month 1 of Insanity) to motivate me - I can't move the date back so I need to loose as much as I can before then!

And good call on the water... :)

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
The superbowl was awful... so I stopped watching and started Insanity. I really enjoyed it! I paused it a few times and walked in place to get my heart rate down once it hit 170 which seemed a tad high... and there was some exercises I was awful at (the entire basketball drill portion) but I finished it and I'm feeling great now. :)

I've worked out at the gym but haven't ever had a work out this intense. I'm now regretting that year long membership I signed a contract for... I honestly would prefer to just do the Insanity type series at home. So much cheaper too.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Great job!!! The first week is the toughest to pull through because of how sore you are, I think. But I'm finding the third week has been a bit difficult for me due to fatigue. My work schedule has sucked so I'm all out of whack. I'm 3 days behind my schedule and jumping back in board for week 4. Keep up the good work!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I have been working out like crazy and feeling really great. Last week I took two zumba classes and a yoga class. I am up a pound but my pants are fitting better and everything feels tighter so I am okay with that. Plus Superbowl Sunday treats got me.

Oh well.

New weight loss journey starting 1/15/14
Starting Weight: 154.2
Goal Weight: 135.0
D-Day: 9/6/14

Total to Lose: 19.0 lbs.

1/20/2014: 154.2
1/27/2014: 154.0
2/3/2014: 155.0

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
I am doing Insanity Day 5 today (after watching Reign of course). I took a break on day 4 and took my "rest day" early. I was utterly sore, felt awful and had cramps... pretty much had a wine and chocolate day. :knockout: I was back on it the next day though and just picked up where I left off. I have been following the exercise well but I am doing AWFUL with the diet portion. It's that time of the month so I'm not sure if it's added to it but I think I gained a pound instead of lost weight. ;( Tomorrow is a new day I guess... :rolleyes:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I think we've all agreed in out little group that you will see weight gain from muscle in the first two weeks, that or stay about the same with minor weight loss. I noticed inches lost more :)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Weighed this morning and I'm down to 158.8. It's not much but it's something. I haven't been as committed as I was the first week.

Has anyone used T25 before? I need something that's relatively short that I can do in the mornings before work. I already wake up at 6 to get ready for work and it has been too hard for me to wake up before 5:15 everyday to get in a workout. I thought about trying Insanity since you all seem to like it so much, but I'm worried I wouldn't be able to have time to do that in the mornings.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
@ Mico: I just searched the internet and you are correct it seems alot of people gain weight due to the muscles retaining water to rebuild themselves. I WAS able to fit in to a pair a pants i couldnt fit into anymore today... so I'm sure I lost a bit even though the scale didn't drop. And the fiancee is stating my face looks thinner.

@ MayFlowers: I haven't used it but did read about it on a few beachbody threads. Insanity is about 35-40 minutes or so... the first month anyhow. I hear the second month is an hour. If you do T25 I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!!! I'm hooked on these DVD work out series now. :bigsmile:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah! I'm getting comments on my face looking thinner, too! I have heard of T25, but never used. Let us know what you think of it if you get it. This is the last day of my first month of insanity, looking forward to my recovery week... Not looking forward to the second month. :/

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Mico and I are on the same Insanity schedule.. and I am so scared for next week. The scale hasn't budged at all, but I feel overall fitter and my pants are fitting better too. I see more definition and my shoulders and arms too. My abs could look better, but those planks are crazy hard!

Anyway, I was curious about this talk about T25, since it was mentioned in the Insanity Challenge FB group too, and here's a pretty good review: http://www.lifestyleupdated.com/focus-t25-review/

It might be something I'll consider doing after finishing month 2 of Insanity. I feel like having already done the first half of Insanity I should at least attempt to trudge through the second half. T25 might be something good to do between the end of Insanity and my wedding.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Trying to keep myself motivated to do Insanity. ;( It's so killer and I am not seeing results as quickly as I would like for how intense it is. I'm also eating worse than I was before because I'm so much hungrier now. Ahh!

I'm thinking of switching it up and still finishing the series... but instead adding my normal gym work outs in there which I typically do during my lunch hour at work so I can enjoy my evenings with the fiance on some days. For example, insanity on Monday and Tuesday, then Wednesday my normal gym work out, then Thursday insanity, etc. Thoughts?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
maple2012 said:
Trying to keep myself motivated to do Insanity. ;( It's so killer and I am not seeing results as quickly as I would like for how intense it is. I'm also eating worse than I was before because I'm so much hungrier now. Ahh!

I'm thinking of switching it up and still finishing the series... but instead adding my normal gym work outs in there which I typically do during my lunch hour at work so I can enjoy my evenings with the fiance on some days. For example, insanity on Monday and Tuesday, then Wednesday my normal gym work out, then Thursday insanity, etc. Thoughts?

No, I say stick with it, and try really hard to maintain a good diet. Though I was initially upset that I wasn't loosing, EVERYONE has been telling me how skinny I'm getting, I am definitely more tone.

Do you have a calorie counter like myfitnesspal? Did you get his book with the meal reccs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results