shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marygrace

Shiny_Rock
Although I cancelled my wedding, I thought I would post my final weigh in.

107 lbs. I lost 13.5 lbs in 8.5 weeks. I feel great in my body.

spinhearts

Rough_Rock
This is pretty inspirational to me. Trying to lose 10 pounds for my wedding!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Im going to join on this thread also. I have been pretty active in the LIW Bootcamp thread... but now that Im no longer a LIW, I have to switch over.

I have been on WeightWatchers for ~3 months now and I have lost 20.7 pounds since I started. The going is a bit slower than I hoped/thought but thats alright. I have also been going to spin class 4x/week so I imagine that I might actually be gaining muscle which is why the weight loss is slow. I won't be getting married for a while (Spring 2014) so I have plenty of time to get back down to a happy weight - but I would like to be passable by the time we look at taking engagement pics (this spring) and through all of the holiday/family/congratulations THINGS.

For now I am happy to be switching over to BWW and to continue losing weight :bigsmile: - one of the best parts of which are all the great 10-lb rewards I have lined up for myself. 30# is a nice new pair of leather boots (I live in the midwest) and 40# is a jeweljet! yay for self-gifts!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Keep up the good work, LJL!!

I have my first dress fitting on Saturday, two days after Thanksgiving. It sucks because I know that I'm going to be uber-conscious of everything I'm eating that day and probably won't enjoy it as much as I usually do. My fitting two days later will be on my mind the whole time, blah!

Oh well. Guess I'll just have to wait to pig out next year.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
LJL, congrats on the weight loss thus far! Over 20 lbs. is amazing! I wouldn't call that slow at all.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! Hope the wedding dress fitting went alright star sparkle!

Im at 25.3 as of this morning. Im hungover though (and theres something about being dehydrated and weighing less) so I will probs be back in the high 24s tomorrow. Im just chugging along with this whole thing. Its not that Im disappointed with my weight loss thus far or anything, I think I just projected that I would lose it quicker -its been about 3 and a half months at this point. Sigh, I guess I took 2 years putting this weight on and I shouldnt be surprised that it takes time to lose it!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Down 26.9
....one day at a time!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I lost 10, annnnnnd gained it all back as of yesterday. FH says its all water weight (and ok, I was 4 pounds lighter this morning) but it was a nice kick in the rear to get back on track.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Keep it up, ladies!

LJL- That's AWESOME! Congrats!

Mico- Don't let yourself get too down about it, just pick up your head and keep going. Beating yourself up will do no good. You already know you can do it, so you go girl!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Down 28.7. I had one of those out-of-the-blue big losses (~1.5lb in one day) so I gave it a day (yesterday "gained" back about half a pound) but today I am back down to the same weight. so yay! losing 30 by the time we leave for FI's for Christmas (~20th) is definitely possible. I just have to have my normal weight loss of about 1.3/wk next week. Then when people ask me at Christmas, I can just say Ive lost an even 30 :lol:

Now THIS is gonna sound weird to all of you... but Ive almost lost 30 lbs. And Im still wearing the SAME CLOTHES for the most part. I have been able to fit into some of the smaller things I have (a couple dresses) but I still fit just fine in the same fatty jeans I bought 25+lbs ago. UGH. I also feel like my weight loss is not very evident - but I guess the more you weighed, the less it shows. I remember being 150lbs in college, losing 25 and feeling like the thinnest person of all time :shock: but ALAS! I was not that 150lb college girl when I started this go-around.

Mico, you must be hiding those 10lbs gained because youre such a little skinny-mini! of course, apparently it hurts people's self-esteem to belittle their weight troubles by calling them thin (aka thinner than my fat a--) so I will say - GET BACK ON TRACK MICO!

Do you have any weight loss fun to share with us star sparkle? Or are you naturally disgustingly thin and actually happy with yourself?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in limbo. I've been pulling 14 hour days and the gyms here aren't open by the time I get off, so it's all been diet modifications this weekend. I'm right where I was last week with no weight loss or weight gain. I guess I can't complain. At least I didn't gain...

LJL!!! Congrats on your weight loss!!! I'm so jelly! You deserve it, I know you've been putting in a ton of hard work, especially with your schedule.

SS - you are going to be a beautiful bride!!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
LJL|1355587472|3332011 said:
Do you have any weight loss fun to share with us star sparkle? Or are you naturally disgustingly thin and actually happy with yourself?

Haha, nope, not naturally thin! I so wish I were, though! Back in March 2011, FI and I decided to start a weight loss plan together. I guess I wasn't THAT heavy to begin with (147ish), but I still felt really gross and just overall unhappy with my weight. So we started the journey together, and I've lost 40 pounds since then. When I hit 120 I thought there'd be no way in hell that I'd ever be able to lose more, since I hadn't weighed that little since freakin' middle school, but the weight just kept coming off and I didn't complain!

I gained like 3 pounds between Christmas and now, and I need to lose 1.5 if I want to weigh the same at my next dress fitting as I did at my first one. I'm not too worried, though, as I should be able to lose that over the course of the next 10 days as long as I don't do anything crazy. :wink2:

You're doing so well with your weight loss! Keep up the good work!!! :appl: I hope the holidays weren't too horrible for you.

Mico- Aw, thanks! You look amazing as well...I'm with LJL - not sure where these "extra 10 pounds" you speak of are, because all I see is gorgeousness!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I'll be joining in over here next week! We have just one more "holiday" related event this weekend and then it's back on track! I've got a wedding dress to shop for at some point! :errrr:

I am dreading getting on the scale after just.how.bad. we've been since Thanksgiving but it has to be done!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I went and joined the gym this afternoon!! I'm very excited to start my wedding weight loss journey! I don't expect much as I've never been a 'small' girl but if I lose even 15 pounds by October that would be great! Wish me luck!

audball

Ideal_Rock
ILoveSpinel|1357369918|3347852 said:
I went and joined the gym this afternoon!! I'm very excited to start my wedding weight loss journey! I don't expect much as I've never been a 'small' girl but if I lose even 15 pounds by October that would be great! Wish me luck!
Yay for getting this thread going again! Let's do this ladies!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
Of course after signing up for the gym I got the stomach flu, so today will be my actual first day at the gym... I'm a little nervous... but I'm looking pretty good (my tummy is pretty tight from all the 'tossed cookies')...

My goal weight is anything close to 145 (which is what I was at when I graduated High School)... and about 40 pounds to go, give or take.

Wishing all you others, Good Luck for the year!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome ILoveSpinel! YAYYYYY for trying to lose weight. Although it is hard and kinda sad and all that. Did you lose weight with the stomach flu? Sometimes I hope I get one of those weight-loss inducing sicknesses.... :lickout:

Im down 33.7 (I think?) as of today. We are getting close to the 5 month mark on my "journey" - affectionately dubbed The Moo-Moo Trail. I think I've got about 28-29lbs to go until I'm semi-done with the weight loss. That should take me like 4 more months at the rate Ive been losing... not a problem though really since I wont be getting married til 2014 and I prob wont even go dress shopping until we move in August.

Im just messing with you star sparkle, I know you (and Mico) are little skinny-minis but you are welcome to join in on the fatties' weight loss discussion anytime!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Weighed in today and lost 4.8lbs this week! Woohoo!

Down a total of 24.6 lbs from my highest. I have yoyoed in this 10 lbs range for so long. I'm ready to break through it!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
jitterymo said:
Of course after signing up for the gym I got the stomach flu, so today will be my actual first day at the gym... I'm a little nervous... but I'm looking pretty good (my tummy is pretty tight from all the 'tossed cookies')...

My goal weight is anything close to 145 (which is what I was at when I graduated High School)... and about 40 pounds to go, give or take.

Wishing all you others, Good Luck for the year!

I wish! I've had issues with food availability and lack of time for exercise. I'm highly considering getting one of those mounts for bikes that allows you to use it indoors so I can just watch TV and pedal.

My weight loss goal is 30 pounds, but would be just as happy with 20. (Maybe of I aim for 30 I'll actually make it to 20 eh?) I'm back to 5 pounds down. Lets see how we do :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been a long road, but I'm finally ready to join you ladies over here!

We should be confirming our date choices with the rabbi this week. After that, I need to contact our venue and finalize with them. I got the go ahead from FI to get the deposit to our first choice venue. We're looking at 20-30 people at an amazing winery in the last couple of weeks of August this year.

So..... I need to get my butt moving and drop some weight!!!
I went from 130 lbs when I started college a few years ago to 201 at the dr's this last week :-o

Ideally, I'd love to be down to 130 by Aug 1. Clearly that is a bit ambitious so I'll be happy if I can be at 150 by then.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
you can do it!!! we are all here for support!

On a side note, I've been to the gym once since the stomach flue and on several walks (even though it's ungodly cold outside.)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ILoveSpinel|1358182995|3355274 said:
you can do it!!! we are all here for support!

On a side note, I've been to the gym once since the stomach flue and on several walks (even though it's ungodly cold outside.)

Thanks for the welcome :wavey:

Hope you're feeling better soon. Exercise while sick is no fun!

Off to a good start -- I managed 15 minutes on the exercise bike this morning and another 10 this afternoon for a total of about 4 miles. Plus the long (1/2 mile or so) walk from the far parking lot to class (times two since I had to get back to the car!).

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I survived my first spin class tonight! 50 mins, my bum is super sore.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
jitterymo said:
Yeah, those take a awhile before you get broken in. Just wait till say 1, oy!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Keep it up ladies!! :appl:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, that meant to say "day 2" :/

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
ALSO.... I'm down a few pounds :)i have a water boot camp tonight, and am really looking forward to it!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Week 2 weigh in! Lost 2.4 lbs this week :)

Highest: 192.8
Current: 165.8
Loss to date: 27 lbs

First goal: 145 - to try initially try on dresses!
Lbs to goal: 20.8 to go!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results