shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Mind if I join too?

Height 5''6".
Current weight is 136 lbs.
Target weight is 126 lbs

Ideally, I just want to tone up my abs and my arms and I would love to fit into clothes I bought less than a year ago and can no longer wear
39.gif
. I''ve been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred 3x a week and going to the gym 3x a week. I''ve lost 2 lbs per week for the last 2 weeks. I found this application for my G1 that counts calories and logs workouts so you know how much you are using and losing. They have this website, fatsecret.com, which has been really helpful. It''s pretty neat that I can just scan the barcode on food to log the calories
36.gif
Anyways, I''ve become obsessed with finding this elusive 25 calorie hot chocolate, any idea what brand it is?

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I''m down 0.9 lbs as of this morning. I now weigh 139.4 lbs!! YAY I have 6 pounds to go to my dream weight of 133 lbs.

I wish I could go lower, but if I do, my top half will disappear completely and I will be all ass.... hahahahahahaha
9.gif

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
YAY! I found the 25 calorie hot cocoa, it''s Swiss Miss Diet Sensations, in case anyone wants to try it
9.gif
. It''s cocoa weather in Chicago!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I "joined" this thread before this one (before trying to get it stickied, which reminds me, why isn''t it??), but need to recommit! Despite trying to work out more regularly and watch my intake, the scale is not going down. I''m so discouraged because usually I can lose an easy 2 pounds of that excess water weight/bloat that results from traveling, eating out, etc. However this time it will not budge!!!

I started back up with the running, but my hurt ankle and knees are screaming at me. I''m also trying to do 30 day Shred every other day. I think my biggest problem really is the food I''m eating. I''m totally stuck in a rut. I HATE cooking so if anyone has any quick and easy meal recipes, please share!

To recap my stats, ugh.
Height: 5''1.5"
2 months ago weight: 116
Current weight: 122
Goal weight for wedding 10 months away: 110

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 2:22:56 PM
Author: MagsyMay
I ''joined'' this thread before this one (before trying to get it stickied, which reminds me, why isn''t it??), but need to recommit! Despite trying to work out more regularly and watch my intake, the scale is not going down. I''m so discouraged because usually I can lose an easy 2 pounds of that excess water weight/bloat that results from traveling, eating out, etc. However this time it will not budge!!!

I started back up with the running, but my hurt ankle and knees are screaming at me. I''m also trying to do 30 day Shred every other day. I think my biggest problem really is the food I''m eating. I''m totally stuck in a rut. I HATE cooking so if anyone has any quick and easy meal recipes, please share!

To recap my stats, ugh.
Height: 5''1.5''
You''re almost there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m down a pound to 126 lbs this week.
36.gif
6 more lbs to go.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 2:22:56 PM
I ''joined'' this thread before this one (before trying to get it stickied, which reminds me, why isn''t it??), but need to recommit! Despite trying to work out more regularly and watch my intake, the scale is not going down. I''m so discouraged because usually I can lose an easy 2 pounds of that excess water weight/bloat that results from traveling, eating out, etc. However this time it will not budge!!!

To recap my stats, ugh.
Height: 5''1.5''
Aww its ok hun! Keep at it, and it will eventually come off!

Its hard for me to lose the weight too, I eat a lot! But as long as you do enough activities to counter your food intake, you should be fine.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Cindy and Joelly! I know I don't have a ton to lose, but it is so difficult for me to lose weight, always has been. The only time I really lose weight is when I am super stressed, as in the last two times I've taken bar exams (different states, I didn't fail the first time!). I'm HOPING that last minute wedding stress will help me lose those last few, but in the meantime I need to get back on track and at least maintain instead of gain!

You both are doing so great! Keep up the good work! I'm looking to you for motivation!

What is your favorite healthy dinner to eat? I'm so bored with my food and think that leads to me making poor choices!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I like some lean chicken breast with steamed vegetables. I''ve been so lazy to cook creative meals lately so I cut up brocolli, carrots, brussel sprouts and put it in the steamer for 15 minutes. I''ll eat that and one serve of lean protein.

What type of workouts do you do? You might be building muscle, so even if you''re not losing weight, you still lose inches!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Magsymay,

For exercise, I''ve been learning to run for 30mins in a treadmill. I run 3 min and walk 3 min, repeat this 5 times. I''ve been doing this for the last two weeks. Hopefully I will keep at it.

You are almost there and you''ll get there, I''m sure!!! We''ll cheer for you!!!
36.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls
35.gif

I had replied on the other thread quite a bit, but then last week as this one came up, I just couldn''t even get a pound off, and i found it rather depressing. I feel much better this week, and i am hopeful to continue losing enough by December for my wedding.

I don''t actually have a goal weight, but my goal is for my sample dress to fit on Nov4. On Oct 3, it was too tight and can''t be let out....soooooo, we''ll see.

I was around 170 in august, when i went to my doctor''s and it shocked me - i was so not happy. Since then i have been working pretty hard at losing, and had gotten down to around 162 or so. Today i weighed 158 lbs.! I feel like i got over a good hump there, and i am hoping to be under 155 when i go for my fitting in two weeks.

here''s hoping!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Violet: Congratulations on the progress!!

I looked up some new quick recipes on WomensHealth.com today so I''m going to try to get the ingredients when I go to the grocery store next. I get so sick of chicken breasts!

For workouts, I used to be an "avid" runner, so to speak, in that I did two half marathons last year, ran about 20+ miles a week. I did something to a tendon in my ankle and despite resting it for months, it is still bugging me. I decided just to suck it up and start running again, with alternating walking intervals since I don''t have my cardio levels back where they used to be.

I''m trying to go about 4-5 miles jog/walk intervals every other day, and on the off days, doing 30 Day Shred DVD. Hopefully after a few consistent weeks of this I will see some improvement! I do have a lot of muscle in general and gain it quite easily, so maybe some of that is going on. I''ve always been "heavy" for my size, in that people usually way underestimate my weight, so I guess I could have it worse.
5.gif

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 10:26:11 PM
Thanks Cindy and Joelly! I know I don''t have a ton to lose, but it is so difficult for me to lose weight, always has been. The only time I really lose weight is when I am super stressed, as in the last two times I''ve taken bar exams (different states, I didn''t fail the first time!). I''m HOPING that last minute wedding stress will help me lose those last few, but in the meantime I need to get back on track and at least maintain instead of gain!

You both are doing so great! Keep up the good work! I''m looking to you for motivation!

What is your favorite healthy dinner to eat? I''m so bored with my food and think that leads to me making poor choices!

Hi Magsy! I''ve yo-yo dieted for most of my life (I was a dancer). I''ve been through my fair share of plain tofu and steamed veggie diets that I couldn''t commit to for more than a couple weeks. I love food and wine and in the past couple years have come to realize that it''s so much easier--I''d say even effortless--to lose weight if you eat what you want, but in moderation and in balance. I''m also not afraid to go to bed hungry. I think a little hunger is good for people.
Personally, my favorite "healthy" dinner is whatever I feel like eating, but only enough to make my stomach stop rumbling.
Anyway, I just wanted to throw a different "dieting" method out there. I''ve lost 15 lbs since June eating this way, and it wasn''t my intention to lose weight.
Regardless of what weight loss method you choose, keep at it! You can do it!
Yay to Cindy, Joelly, and Violet for great work and progress!
36.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 4:04:38 PM
Author: MonkeyPants
Date: 10/22/2009 10:26:11 PM

Hi Magsy! I've yo-yo dieted for most of my life (I was a dancer). I've been through my fair share of plain tofu and steamed veggie diets that I couldn't commit to for more than a couple weeks. I love food and wine and in the past couple years have come to realize that it's so much easier--I'd say even effortless--to lose weight if you eat what you want, but in moderation and in balance. I'm also not afraid to go to bed hungry. I think a little hunger is good for people.

Personally, my favorite 'healthy' dinner is whatever I feel like eating, but only enough to make my stomach stop rumbling.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw a different 'dieting' method out there. I've lost 15 lbs since June eating this way, and it wasn't my intention to lose weight.

Regardless of what weight loss method you choose, keep at it! You can do it!

Yay to Cindy, Joelly, and Violet for great work and progress!
36.gif

Thanks MP for that and congrats on your 15 pound loss! That is essentially what I do for my normal weight control. Surprisingly, I actually eat very little, but even with eating relatively few calories (but not "starving" myself), I cannot lose weight. I think I've probably done some real damage to my metabolism over the years between some ED issues back in high school, various starvation diets and pills, etc. The only time I really do lose weight is when I stop focusing on it, but lately that has not been working, so I thought maybe I should put some effort into it! I'll see how things go for a month or so and then reevaluate if I'm not getting anywhere.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Isn''t that crazy how when you stop focusing the lbs just come off?...it was the same for me! weird...

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Well, this past week was tough...I only worked out 2 days, and did not eat great at all. I got the news on Tuesday that I was laid off (which is a GOOD thing), but I was so wound up from the stress leading up to it, that it took a while for it to dissipate and for me to get back to my routine.

Trying not to beat myself up...I''m sure a couple lbs sneaked back in...I just have to refocus this week. It''s a whole new week!! Yay!!

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!

I want to join this thread to help keep me on track. I''ve recently lost 9 lbs over the past 4 months (I went from 162 to 153lbs) by joining a morning bootcamp (waking up 3 days a week at 5:40am, ugh!). The nice thing is that I''ve toned up a lot (39 push-ups in 1 minute, woo-hoo!), and I''ve gone from a size 10-12 to a size 6-8.

However, I still have a long way to go and I know the big eating holidays are coming up. I''d like to get down to 140lbs, which is 13 less than I am currently. I''m going to try to supplement bootcamp with a 2 mile run and light weights 3 days a week. Here''s hoping I can get this done in 7 months!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Miya: Congrats on your loss to date! I''d love to do one of those boot camps to keep me accountable, but not sure I could stomach the early morning wake up!! 39 push-ups is awesome! Sounds like you''re on your way to losing the rest of that weight. I''m sure you can do it in 7 months!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Miya!

I have been a bit lax with posting my progress. I weighed myself a few days ago and I lost another pound!

9.gif

Its so great to have accountability. It makes me more conscious of what I put in my mouth. I have been having lots of chicken winglets lately, i don''t know why LOL Let''s hope i don''t put any weight back on next week haha

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Cindy on another pound!! You must be getting very close to your goal!

I started back on a certain medication that tends to make me have less of an appetite (I was never supposed to take a break, just couldn''t afford the prescription since my insurance coverage right now is crap), and seem to have lost a quick 2 pounds due to having less appetite than normal. So hopefully that will get me back on track. I''m not even sure how much of it is psychological and how much is reality! Hoping the eating less trend continues so I can continue to see some progress. I was getting really down on myself and with all the other factors depressing me lately, my weight was one more that I didn''t need!

Still continuing with 30DS every other day and run/walking on the other days, although sometimes given my schedule, I''ve had to double up and do both in one day which makes my legs ache!! Guess it''s a good hurt though!!

Keep up the good work everyone!!

P.S. Did we ever figure out why the mods didn''t sticky this as requested?? It keeps creeping down off the first page and I tend to forget!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
No idea. I think its because the last weight loss thread went downhill real quick ---> people not eating enough to function and being happy with it...

Its all about what you eat and portion control!

yesterday, i had a small serving of potato chips, and for lunch I had wings! And again today for lunch. We all know those are very low on the healthy things to eat, but as long as you can control your portions, its all good!

portion control is the main reason I am losing weight, and also the main reason why Weight Watchers is so popular!!!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Portion control is sooo key. I don''t eat large portions to begin with, but tend to overeat any time I am not at home. I eat as much as my 200 pound FI and definitely should not be out-eating him or matching him!

I try not to deprive myself because I know the second I say something is "off-limits," it will be all I want! I find smaller plates and bowls also really helps me with portion control. I often have Haagen Daas Fat Free Sorbet for dessert and instead of putting it in a bowl, I use a little ramiken instead. I like doing that more than measuring/weighing out portions because that makes me feel like I am dieting!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I use my ramekins too for dessert. I quite frequently make my own spin on "Eton Mess"---> LOVE the stuff
30.gif

eton mess-cindygenit.jpg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
OMG cindygenit, that looks GOOD!!!!!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

cindygenit: I try to keep track of my weight once a week. You are very good at self-ctrl. I am not good at all. Diet and me, we just don''t get along. I like to exercise though. I guess it helps a little. BTW, I love your forum name, I think its so sassy.

Magsymay: I''m like that too. I will eat the same portion as my FI and he is 190 lbs.
32.gif
Scares me sometimes. In addition, he has bad habit that kind of infected me too which is to eat late and thats a big no no to me cause I''ll get nightmares plus gaining weight too.
15.gif

I need to buy a new scale. Mine is broken. Guess I overused it!
9.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
LOL yes, i love dessert... Stickydate pudding is my other fave. I make them myself and they are so delicious with butterscotch sauce...

So how did I go this week?? Hmmm i only worked out once
39.gif

Over the weekend, I was packing, moving and starting to unpack into my new home. There really wasn''t any time for a yoga session at all. I am so devastated!!
8.gif
Also being so busy, I didn''t eat right. I just ate whatever was convenient and snacked a lot hahah

I wonder how I will go this week. Probably won''t lose any weight. But i can''t beat myself up. Everyone can have an off-week can''t they?
25.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Cindy, an off-week is necessary so you won''t get burnt out or bored by the routine.
36.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome! I am only 5 pounds off my goal weight
9.gif

My hubby is so happy for me, he says i look much more toned and healthier now YAY

And double YAY for yoga!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Cindy, thats awesome, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I am so happy for you.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Cindy, WOW only 5 pounds away!! That''s great!!!

I''m still trudging along, down a bit when I''m really "good" and don''t eat a lot, and then back up a pound or so every time I have a meal out or anything out of my normal routine. Grrr...

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Down one pound this week.
Currently I am 125 lbs.
Target weight 118-120 lbs.
Time left to lose weight is 10 weeks 5 days.
Wedding date 1/15/2010.
yikes!
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results