shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I made it to 150 which is in my goal weight range of 145-150. I have 3 weeks until we leave for our DW so I am going to keep going. This is the thinnest I have been in almost a decade...it feels great!!

Way to go nkarma! What I wouldn't give to be 150!!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Mrs. Sterling...it is great to be congratulated. I know what you mean...I see people saying they are 130 and losing weight and I am like dude, what I wouldn't give to be your start weight.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Hello girls!

I'm new to BWW but not new to weight drama. Have been trying to get to my goal weight (55kg/121lbs) for too many years to count. Last year I dropped from 89kg to 70.5kg (196lbs to 155lbs). It took me 10 months to lose it, but it's taken only 6 months for me to go right back to 80kgs+ (176lbs+).

I am so incredibly upset with myself! Can't believe I got so close and gave up.

On Monday I weighed in at 83.7kg (185lbs) and the very next day I started the Atkins. It's hard, but I'm trying to stick to it. I find the meal options to be rather bland and the absence of bread and biscuits and rusks is killing me! :sick: But I'm in this for my health, so I guess I have to stick to it.

Well... Here I am now. Hope I can do as well as you ladies are!

Good luck to you, Trekkie!

I managed to lose 20 lbs the first 5 months of 2009, but put 10 of it back on by June of this year.

I am back on track, having lost 7 of the 10 I gained back, but my original goal was to lose 40 lbs, so I still have 23 to go!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Trekkie,

I wish you the best of luck. I can only speak from personal experience but the only thing that has worked for me is cutting calories while still allowing myself to have what I want, but just less. I have seen Atkins work very well on others, but then several years later the weight is back because at some point you are going to eat carbs. I lost 23 lbs 3 years ago and kept every pound off for 3 years I believe because in my diet I could eat whatever I wanted, but had to keep to 1500 calories a day with one cheat day a week. I think the reason I kept it off is that I now know what sort of portions are acceptable and how many calories are in most of the foods I eat so I limit the highly caloric ones to less often, but I still eat whatever I want.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks nkarma!

I know you're right - your approach will definitely be more beneficial in the long run. For now though, with the multitude of health problems I currently have, the Atkins is working for me. Or at least, it was until I was forced off the wagon on Saturday. I'm giving myself 2 more weeks to recover and then I'm starting again.

How is everyone else's weight loss going this week?

nkarma - our weightloss plans are identical! Except I allow myself 1600 calories per day, with the assumption I work out twice per week. I know I should work out more than that, but I know myself and I'm not motivated enough. Anyway, that's how I lost 20 lbs last year, so I'm expecting it to work this time around. I haven't lost any weight this past week, though... :???:

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I weighed myself this morning and I am 146 lbs....woohoo! Leaving for our destination wedding in Mexico tonight. At my final fitting, the seamstress had to take in another inch at the hips/waist while I waited.

Congrats on the weight loss and happy wedding to you!!!!!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
i have a hard time with weight loss.. currently at 165, but just got my chuck norris total gym so I hopefully can keep on track with it and lose some weight. I wont be married until next year, but i guess every step counts! i want to get down to 140..

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess I might as well jump on the bandwagon. I am currently 135...and for someone who was 125 max their entire teen-young adult life (up tunil 24) it's not easy accepting the new weight and extra inch or two here are there. I have no problem getting to the gym 4-5 times a week and working out for an hour (cardio and lifting) BUT I for the life of me cannot resist fastfood! I crave it all the time and with a job requiring me to drive back and forth all day, it's hard not to stop and grab lunch on the go. So starting today I am trying to cut it down to twice a week with fast food --- gotta start somewhere--- It's an addiction! lol seriously, I don't think I can start cold turkey, so at least cut it down and continue the gym 4-5 times a week...

here's hoping!

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
I need to be held accountable for working out and losing weight to be the beautiful bride I want to be. I know I've got the ability to work out hard (I've run several marathons) but lately I have been struggling to fit it in with work. After a long day the last thing I want to do is work out and getting up in the morning is nearly impossible. I probably currently weight 160 lbs (I dont want to get on the scale, it scares me) but more importantly the added inches are what are bothering me. I used to be a steady 150 but would love to get down to 140 for my wedding (and keep it there...). So here's to working hard and looking beautiful, hopefully we can all keep each other going.

:D

A

Anonymous

Ok, clearly I need all the help I can get...so here goes.

I'm still not comfortable sharing my weight, but I could stand to lose at least 40-60 lbs. I would LOVE to lose 47 lbs by my June 30th, 2011 wedding. I don't know if I can do it, but here goes. I'm doing WW online, walking more and just had water service started. The cooler is literally within arm's reach so I have no excuse for not drinking enough while I'm at work!

I've been battling 5 lbs for the past month and am pretty frustrated. I went to the doctor yesterday to look into getting off of Yaz, but she ended up convincing me to try Metformin + Yaz for 6 weeks and did a blood draw to check thyroid/blood sugars. I suspect all of that will come back normal and my body is just being unhelpful. :tongue: Ugh, this is tough.

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
Joining this thread! My wedding is not until Aug 2012, but I have a lot of weight to lose. I started anally tracking my calories and working out like crazy about 5 weeks ago and have lost about 25 pounds. I'd like to be at my goal weight by August (definitely doable) as I'll probably start dress shopping in September or so. My dream is to have a dress from Amsale, and I am doing whatever is necessary to make it happen!! Glad to be here:)

Congrats on your weight loss thus far, RhubarbPie! What specific work out has made the weight come off for you?

Ok, so I said earlier I was only working out twice per week. Well, I wasn't losing any weight doing that. So, last week I worked out three times, this week (it's only Wednesday) I'm already at three times, and I plan to go at least two more. I have to ramp it up! Luckily, I only have to lose 10 pounds for my dress to fit me, but I really need to lose 20 to look even close to the way I imagine myself. So, the countdown is on - 20 lbs by 09/30/11 (wedding is 10/1/11). Hopefully an additional workout or two per week will help.

Nkarma -- I don't think we've heard back from you since your nuptials. Any updates to report?

Tammy - I'm not sharing my start weight either. Needless to say, we need to drop pounds and fast! I'm with you, girl!

inlove1982

Rough_Rock
I am joining the fight to lose weight! My wedding is in ten months and I currently would like to lose at least 35 pounds. I think it is definitely doable but for me it's hard because I work long hours and have a long drive home so working out is difficult when I'm exhausted. But I'm already eating a lot better and counting calories as I think it'll help me out (it did before). I gained weight because of an illness and it's been a struggle to lose any of it but I'm determined to look beautiful in whatever gown I end up loving. Ultimately my goal weight loss would be about 55 pounds but I'd be happy to just lose the 35.

I will keep you updated weekly on my progress!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok- here goes! I started today with working out again... One workout down! I definitely have slacked off from August until now- BUT when I got back on the treadmill I was able to turn up the speed for higher and longer than I did in August...YAY!

Can we post our weekly workout and food goal?
This week's goal is 35 minutes of cardio 5 days a week
Abs & Arms (with medium weight) 3 days a week

Food Goal-
I have been going wheat free (after finding an allergy that is possibily linked to my skin condition), and to drink more water :)

What are your goals? :bigsmile:

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Can i Join?? Im not a BIW, but not a LIW anymore either, im in a limbo. LoL...if its okay.....

My goals are to do 1 hour of cardio 3 times a week starting Tues
Drink more water
Get more fiber in diet and eat healthy...

My goal is to do 35 minutes of cardio 4 times per week (5 if I can fit it in) and stay at 1600 calories or less per day, with one cheat meal per week so I don't go crazy!

I already have my cheat meal planned for this Saturday when it's our annual book club potluck dinner.

I need to lose 10 lbs. for my dress to fit without alterations, but I would love to lose 30. This is still a continuation of my initial weight loss goal of 40 lbs from 2 years ago -- I lost 20, and have put 10 back on so I have 30 to go!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
i can't remember if i've joined already, but i'll join again anyway....

Start weight 126 pounds (heaviest ever)

Goal weight 112 pounds

(i'm only 5'0)

current exercise level: zero

target exercise level: 3x per week, 30 mins

current food habit: atrocious, 90% junk

target food habit: healthy, but not calorie limited

I will post an update every sunday night, to keep me on the straight and narrow.

here goes nothing....

Ok, I'm checking in to report how I did week one of 2011.

Workouts = 2 at 35 mins each (not nearly enough)
Calories = met my goal all week and really enjoyed my cheat Saturday night by drinking lots of wine.

Hopefully this week I'll do better on working out - already have one in this AM.

Anyone else care to share how well they're staying on track?

chrissy2006

Rough_Rock
I'm down 11 pounds so far! My goal (by the wedding) is to lose 20-30 pounds and I have 7 months left to do that! I'm excited and motivated!

Ok, checking in for week 2. Did good on the calories again, and got in 3 workouts, one more than last week.

Unfortunately, no weight was lost.

Hopefully this week I get in 4 or 5 workouts and start to see some pounds come off.

inlove1982

Rough_Rock
I've lost 13 pounds in the last month! Working out hard and eating right...it's hard but it's so worth it! I've gotten comments and compliments already! :)
Hoping for at least another 10 to go before the wedding in October!

annette510

Rough_Rock
Trade
So I have about 18 months until the wedding but I want to start dress shopping soon so I need to get down the lbs.

Stats:

Height - 5'7"
Weight - 175

So far lost 6 lbs since we got engaged. My goal is to be atleast 145 or 150.

Help!

luvshinyrocks

Rough_Rock
I'm joining too.

Goal: 124lbs, but I care more about body fat percentage (would like to be below 20%)
Currently: 136.5 (23% body fat)

I feel a little silly since I only have a little bit to lose, but I'm kind of struggling with it. I've been on a plan for about three weeks now, but have only managed to lose a net of about 1.5 pounds. I was at 135, but I've gained in the last two weeks even though I've been eating super healthy :( I currently do yoga about 4 times a week and a little bit of weight lifting. I have bad knees so cardio is tough.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
It is much harder to lose the last few pounds, IMO.

I forgot to do my Sunday night updates so I'll update now.

I'm currently at 119 pounds. BMI at 24.0 now. Aiming for BMI 22 (109 pounds for my height)

Had pizza once, and posh dinner once, but I'm getting there. Diet much better now.

Have a feeling I will get stuck at 115-116 ish.

Five months till wedding. Just have to keep at it....

annette510

Rough_Rock
Trade
Down another 5 lbs! :) Woo Hoo!!

Only 20 more to go LOL

Well, I finally lost some weight. 2 lbs. It's not much, but at least I'm moving in the right direction! Keep up all your hard work ladies and keep posting your successes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results