shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Shower... what goes on?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rube

Shiny_Rock
I''m not having any bridsmaids for my wedding, but I have a few friends who are my (self proclaimed) "fake bridesmaids".  One of them (my "fake maid of honor"?
4.gif
) is coming out to my home city to throw me a bridal shower in about a month. Now, I have never been to one, nor do I have any idea what to expect- but she said I''ll be surprised. ?!?
So I''m asking... what goes on?
27.gif

Oh, and who gets invited?

Layne

Shiny_Rock
With that answer you might be looking at more of a bachelorette party!

General shower: games (anything from make a toliet paper wedding dress to a quiz about the bride), eating (mints, pretzels, maybe a light meal), presents!

Anyone the bride has invited to the wedding may be invited to the shower. It may be just friends or friends are relatives. Generally the person organizing asks the bride who she would like to invite. Then the bride asks about how many people the person was thinking of and provides the organizer with a list, including addresses, of potential invitees around that #.

Showers are fun!

Rube

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Layne!

Nothing can be bad about eating, games, and gifts!

Rube

Layne

Shiny_Rock
No kidding! I''m sure you will have a great time no matter what they have planned.
With friends like that who needs bridesmaids?

Rube

Shiny_Rock
What can I say? I have the greatest friends. In fact- now it looks like I''m having TWO bridal showers!?! One where I live now, one in the city I grew up in. All this for a girl who didn''t even know what a bridal shower was.
19.gif

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I just went to my friend''s bridal shower yesterday. I had never been to one before. We had some fruit and veggies with dip, and definitely cake. The cool part was that instead of bringing gifts, it was a lingerie party in which we could buy pieces for the bride! She made out a wishlist from a catalog and a rep showed us what the items looked like. At the end of the presentation we bought stuff for her from that list.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
In both branches of my family the aunts and married cousins ALWAYS throw it. Don''t even think about it if you aren''t family. So my bridesmaids are doing my bach. party.

What happened at my first, and will undoubtedly happen again next weekend is squealing and people talking over you when you are opening your presents because they are too excited to see what''s inside your wrapping. My family likes to wrap the entire present in nothing but ribbon as tradition says the number of ribbons you break is the number of kids you have. I guess Ill believe that when my cousin pops out 28 children.

Pretty much, you walk in, girls squeal, you eat, you sit and open stuff, then you eat cake and then you all leave.

I hope you get no weird underwear.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results