shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal shower favor ideas....?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Hi All, I am looking for alittle advice here. I am in my friends wedding in April and her bridal shower is in a month. There are 85 people coming and I am in charge of the favors. I am on a budget ( I am not the bridal party) so I need to figure out a cheap but fun/cute bridal favor idea. Got any??? LOL I was thinking about doing what my girls did for my shower which was handmade packets of wildflower seeds, but she was in my wedding too so I don''t want her to think I am being lazy. It is a really cute idea though.
thanks,
Lisa

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
for a baby shower I went to , the girls sister made chocolates.. in cute little baby related shapes.. I''m sure you could do the same for weddings. Its really easy to do. I usually do them for easter. You can even use the microwave. a lb of chocolate is like $3.. you''d probably need a few, depending on how many pieces you''[d want to give each person. The molds are a couple bucks (usually they have enough spaces for 6-8 pieces of candy, maybe more) too but you can use those as many times as you want. YOu can get colored melts too but I think the regular chocolate tastes better!! You can get the supplies at a supermarket, but usually craft stores have a better selection of the molds and stuff. I think that that would be very cheap and cute.. then you''d just need little plastic baggies to put the candies in and those don''t have to be fancy!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
for a friend''s shower last year one of the bm bought a huge box of hershey''s chocolate bars from costco and ''relabelled'' them w/shower labels she made on her computer and copied at kinkos... they were really cute, and not too expensive.

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
I don''t know if this would be expensive or not, but I reallly want to use the idea of homemade lavendar scented soap? (After I get engaged, of course....) But, I also vote for anything related to chocolate....
11.gif

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
HMMM chocolate, another one of girls best friend!! Melissa, that is a great idea and something I could manage doing. I don''t know about making soap w/ lye (SP) that is scary with a 2 year old!! But it does sound like a lovely idea. Thank you all for the input and keep em coming!!!
Lisa

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a theme to the shower? I am getting a Tea-Party shower and these mini-infusers are one of the favor ideas.
teasaucer_150-165.jpg

If it''s not themed there are sooo many options, but you can NEVER go wrong with chocolate
18.gif
!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
My friend is doing the bridal shower gifts for a party of @ 40 people. She bought martini glasses from IKEA (I think?) and has been painting a simple design on each one. She also bought a family size bag of Hershey kisses, wrapped some of the kisses in white tulle, tied it with a ribbon and stuck a little sack of kisses in each martini glass. I think she put the bride's and groom's names or a date or something on the ribbon. It was cute and not too expensive
2.gif

edited to add: I just looked at IKEA's website. I think it may have actually been the HEJSAN wine glasses. They come in packs of 6 glasses for $3.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of a tea-party. As a favor you can give people sashes of tea with a little card attached to it that says, "love is brewing". I can''t remember what website I read this on, but I think it is really cute and inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results