shape
carat
color
clarity

Aussie BIW club

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been meaning to start a thread like this for a while.

I figure here in aussie land we have different seasons, different styles of weddings (sometimes) and a whole different range of issue including flowers (heat anyone etc).

Plus it would be fun to have an aussie gals chat!!!

I know there is a few of us out there deelight, honey, hawaiian and cindy.

I know there is a few more but I can'' think of you at this time.

So please come on out
36.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
hey supergirl!!!

I think this is a great thread...

How is your wedding planning?

I''m currently looking for a good photographer.
35.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Great thread supergirl!!!
36.gif

I have posted details here before, but here is a quick rundown.

We live in Melbourne, my parents live in Cairns, so a few of our friends and family and making the big trip to Palm Cove for our intimate destination wedding. 16 people including us. Divine!!

The chapel: We will have our ceremony here, then it will be transformed into our private reception!

http://www.spb.com.au/angsana.html

http://www.angsana.com/EN/Properties/Great-Barrier-Reef/Categories/GBR-Weddings/GBR-Wedding-Reception-Promotions/Facilities/GBR-Reflections-Chapel

We are having a BBQ at my parents the day before, just good food and wine, good company and splashing about in the pool.

Then we are flying back to Melbourne, packing the car and the surf board (I am an understanding woman
2.gif
) and heading to Byron Bay for 5 or 6 nights:

http://www.thebyronatbyron.com.au/

After that, we are heading back to Sydney, staying at the Four Seasons, The Rocks for a couple of nights to finish off the perfect wedding/honeymoon!

http://www.fourseasons.com/sydney/

And yes, we are just about broke!!!!
37.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Good thread
36.gif

We live in Sydney and are getting married at Blackburn Garden, Double Bay, followed by a reception at ZEST, Point Piper.

Very excited!

I will add some links of our vendours:

Blackburn Garden

ZEST

Photographer - Would love some opinions, we are meeting with her on Thursday to see her full portfolio?

Celebrant - I think he is so charming.

My Dress - I purchased it in diamond white.

Looking forward to seeing where everyone else is
1.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I forgot to add that we are going to honeymoon in Hawaii
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

We are staying at the Waikiki Parc
1.gif

Cynd33

Rough_Rock
Hello fellow Aussies :)

We are getting married in March 2010 - not long to go now!

I am in search of a good make up artist, i live in Sydney but the wedding is being held in the Southern Highlands and I am struggling to find a good make up artist that can travel down to the venue without costing an absolute fortune.

I am actually considering even doing my own make-up - does anyone have suggestions?

Best of luck to everyone with their planning
35.gif

ozsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Hello Aussie ladies!
I am originally from Sydney but for the past year we have lived in Newcastle. We are having our wedding at the Sebel Kirkton Park in the lovely Hunter Valley...

THIS SATURDAY 10TH OCTOBER 2009!!!!!!!!!!

We are so excited, but also after finishing work yesterday completely exhausted. Luckily I have the rest of the week to relax, get all the necessary beauty things done and get ready for a fun time. Fingers crossed it doesnt rain as we are having a garden ceremony, and rain is forecast!! We do have a wet weather option though.

We are honeymooning in Palm cove (between Cairns and Port Douglas) at a fabulous resort call the Sea Temple Resort and Spa. Cant wait!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
ozsparkle! OMG, super exciting!! It''s so close!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

We are getting married right next door to Sea Temple (Angsana)! Have you been to Sea Temple before? It''s just gorgeous!!!!!

ozsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Hey Honey! Thanks. I remember seeing your wedding website, it is gorgeous!! We havnt been to Sea temple before but have heard good reports. Glad it is PS approved too though! Will let you know how it is when we come back all relaxed and tanned!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I am sure you will love it.

There are a few great restuarants in the area:

Far Horizons @ Angsana
The Reef House
to name just a couple in Palm Cove

Also, if you manage to get into Cairns itself, you have to go to Barnacle Bills! It has the best seafood ever!!!! It sounds like a takeaway joint, trust me it''s not, it''s fabulous!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
:) YAY oz hope you have a fantastic day :D

Supergirl what a great idea :D

I am getting married on 12/07/2009 - Venue is a winery and we are possibly booking a catherdral for the ceremony - UTTER BEAUTIFULLNESS

- have bugger all planned but I am sure I will get there...eventually :)

gls

Shiny_Rock
Hi all aussie girls!
Im a BIW, but havent been for too long (week and a half) and my fiance and I are going to have a long engagement, first time posting in this forum as well. Dont have anything to contribute (just starting) but wanted to say hi! Im from melbourne btw.
35.gif

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
A big thanks to cindy, honey, delight, Danielle, Cynd, ozsparkle and gls for replying so far.

I have been stalling re: wedding stuff because I am just over three weeks out from graduating, so that is my #1 priority for now.

I have enough done but i will really need to pull my finger out after grad.

ozsparkle and honey I live in northern qld and have been to the ansagna chaple and the sea temple resort and I can definetly tell you both that the chapel is breath takingly beautiful and the resort is amazing also.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Hi Supergirl
35.gif

Well I am in Perth, both Fi and i have a daughter each (his is 15, mine is 9) and we already live together so we are having a backyard wedding, very casual and relaxed with about 60 people.

Have my dress organised, lost my makeup artisit and am having trouble finding another one, hair is organised and i have a photographer. I found a bracelet in equip today that i like but hey, it''s equip, no too sure if it''s gonna cut it for a wedding.
I am self catering, a little crazy yes, but i''m a bit of a control freak. Bought a chapel length veil on ebay that is great for $40 and I have organised my florist, invites, decorations (all the fun stuff ha ha) but am yet to do any more serious stuff as we are busy renovating our home so it will be wedding ready. (Just finished the driveway and signed off on the new kitchen which will go in just before christmas).

Cynd33 what date are you getting married?? (Couldn''t find you on the list) Mine''s the 13th of March 2010 and i figure you will probably be the closest i get to a date twin.
1.gif

Oh yeah and i found the latest Cosmo Bride at the newsagent today!
36.gif
(the only wedding mag i ''allow'' myself to buy)

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 9:24:01 AM
Author: hawaiianorangetree
Hi Supergirl
35.gif

Well I am in Perth, both Fi and i have a daughter each (his is 15, mine is 9) and we already live together so we are having a backyard wedding, very casual and relaxed with about 60 people.

Have my dress organised, lost my makeup artisit and am having trouble finding another one, hair is organised and i have a photographer. I found a bracelet in equip today that i like but hey, it''s equip, no too sure if it''s gonna cut it for a wedding.

I am self catering, a little crazy yes, but i''m a bit of a control freak. Bought a chapel length veil on ebay that is great for $40 and I have organised my florist, invites, decorations (all the fun stuff ha ha) but am yet to do any more serious stuff as we are busy renovating our home so it will be wedding ready. (Just finished the driveway and signed off on the new kitchen which will go in just before christmas).

Cynd33 what date are you getting married?? (Couldn''t find you on the list) Mine''s the 13th of March 2010 and i figure you will probably be the closest i get to a date twin.
1.gif

Oh yeah and i found the latest Cosmo Bride at the newsagent today!
36.gif
(the only wedding mag i ''allow'' myself to buy)

Wow Hawaiian that sounds like a really great and personal day!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hey supergirl,

where about''s are you getting married? Any venue ideas?

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies,

I have been putting my wedding on the back burner because we have a house to buy. Lately all our weekends are for furniture shopping etc etc... ugh

On the upside, FI has given me a room in the house to make into my study/sanctuary!!! He is the best
9.gif

I still need a photographer, make up artist, accomodation for OOT guests, invites, ceremony decoration, wedding favours etc.

I wished that FI and I just decided to get a civil ceremony. Much less hassle.

Cynd33

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 9:24:01 AM

1.gif
Hi Hawaii,

My wedding is on 20th March 2010 down in Nowra, NSW. I can''t wait
41.gif

This is my venue: Terrara House Estate

I''m almost done... I have the dress from Pallas, wedding ring from Hardy Bros. (my one, still need to find one for FI), mens outfits from Calibre and I have appointments booked for the cake (Faye Cahill) and flowers (Always Flowers in Kiama). Photog is Dean Dampney

Everything has been relatively easy so far, the only stress is caused from the family! Sometimes I wish that I could just elope but then I look at my dress etc and smile
9.gif

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 7:40:56 PM
Author: honey22
Hey supergirl,

where about''s are you getting married? Any venue ideas?

awwh thanks honey

I''m getting married on 04/042010 (easter sunday) my hometown, i don''t really live in a big place like sydney or melbourne so i would prefer to not say over the internet (paranoid i know).

my venue is pictured below
36.gif
i really love it and the price per head is really reasonable. It overlooks a marina and at night you can see the water and boats and it looks amazing. They also set up the bridal table against floor to ceiling glass windows and it is a beautiful backdrop

my dress is being made by my aunt who is an ex fashion design assistant. I have very specific taste and I have not been able to find anything even remotely similar to what i want. Everything i can try here is strapless and that is just not for me so i haven''t had much sucess. My dress will have similar features to this, but a bit of a different look as i tried this dress on IRL and on me it just looked cheap and nasty lol

Front
http://belladonna.wendymakin.com.au/index.php?pageID=2

Back
Which I ADORE
http://belladonna.wendymakin.com.au/index.php?pageID=2

I also have a photographer,favours, minister makeup artist and hairdresser organised

I desparately need to get onto booking ceremony location and deciding on some invities

Plus i want to send out the save the dates shortly

supergirl wedding fuction.jpg

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow Cynd you have so much done!! (i really need to get organised)

I love your venue! it''s amazing, are you having it in the marquee?

I know exactly what you mean about family causing most of the stress... that''s exactly why my family doesn''t know the wedding is happening yet.
2.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
supergirl!!! I think I recognise that place!!! But your secret is safe with me sweetie. You must tell us all as soon as the date is locked in!!!

If you are needing vendors, I have used (forgive me if you aren't where I think you are)

Rachael @ Wedding Treasure for flowers, their website isn't great at all, but she is brilliant!!! We were orginally booked with Rainflowers but ended up cancelling with them due to issues.

Our photog is to die for!!! Ben @ Sass Studios, just brilliant:

www.sassstudios.com

Our cake - Lorraine and Ian from Passion for Cakes, stunning, and so cheap, I nearly fell over dead!!!

Hair and makeup - Kristy from Blush hair and makeup - simply the best in the area, she is super nice and even made me look gorgeous on my trial, enough said!

celebrant - Barbie Anderson, www.weddings360.com.au or something like that, she is such a doll!

ETA -

40.gif
21.gif
I am such a doofus! I just re-read your post, and saw that you have all that done. Whoops!

Cynd33

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 8:53:57 AM
Oh wow Cynd you have so much done!! (i really need to get organised)

I love your venue! it''s amazing, are you having it in the marquee?

I know exactly what you mean about family causing most of the stress... that''s exactly why my family doesn''t know the wedding is happening yet.
2.gif
Thanks Hawaii
16.gif
Everything has been surprisingly easy... we managed to get first choice with all our suppliers because we were engaged back in October 2008 and had time up our sleeves.

I love our venue, It is exactly what I dreamed of and we can''t wait. The marquee is where the reception will be held yes... it is beautiful IRL. The venue has even offered us a barrista for the evening which I think is fab!!

I''m the first out of 4 girls to get married. I have an older sister and two younger ones.... I couldn''t rob my mum of the white wedding and my sisters the opportunity to be bridesmaids and in some ways I am happy to get the whole shebang but for a while there I was researching eloping to Italy!!

I''m starting my countdown, with xmas and NY Dec and Jan will fly by which means I have Nov & Feb and early March. Feels like its just round the corner!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls I was in Novo today and found really cute shoes white with a massive bow heels they also came in in black and champage (perfect for BM''s) unfortunetly they didn''t fit my wide clodhoppers the best thing is the second pair is half price :) so they could have been as little as $35. They aren''t on the website but they did have some really cute shoes in there thought I would pass this on as the prices weren''t that bad

I am also quite digging these ones ;-)
http://www.novoshoes.com.au/collections/evening/uralla/620.aspx

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
^ thanks for the tip dee, i will have to go in for a look.

thanks for all your help honey, I have a feeling you are close with the location, but you need to go a lil futher south
2.gif
Thanks for sharing your vendors also.

everyone else
35.gif

how are all the plans going. Can i just have a quick reminder when everyone''s big day is. Was gona create a lil aussie biw list post or put it permanetly in my signiture of something
9.gif
I''ll start

Supergirl10 - 04/04/2010

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya supergirl!!!

Cindygenit- 10/07/2010

I am having a july wedding.... Yippe!!!! Love winter!!!
9.gif

Update: I have taken a Zen attitude to wedding planning... it is so much better for my complexion (when i stress i break out)
4.gif

I found my photographer, I have calculated our budget and as of tomorrow we are opening an joint bank account especially for wedding expenses. We need to set a little bit (actually a lot) each week so that we can pay for the remainder of the wedding costs!!!

I swear, FI and I are both idiots. We decided to buy our first home AND get married at the same time... IDIOTS i tell you
6.gif

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Hi Supergirl!

My date is 13/03/10

I believe i am one day off of the 5 month mark.
40.gif

Cindy, i know exactly what you are talking about. We are renovating and planning the wedding and the number of times i have caught myself saying ''if only we weren''t getting married i could use the money for the new kitchen.. or if only we didn''t need to put in a new driveway i wouldn''t have to worry about the cost of the wedding!'' It''s driving me nuts.
37.gif

gls

Shiny_Rock
To the melbourne girl, went into brides of melbourne today (cant help myself), talk about a huge range of gorgeous dresses! any style you could think of really
30.gif

Raffaela Cuica is also amazing cant wait to go to Affective Bridal too, sighhhh way too many choices!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha Hawaiian, glad to know I''m not the only one struggling here.

Its so hard at the moment, but we thought, why not now?? We are probably gonna spend the same amount of money on our big day, so might as well spend it now when we are young and can tolerate high amounts of cup-a-soup for a year LOL
9.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 6:39:57 AM
Author: gls
To the melbourne girl, went into brides of melbourne today (cant help myself), talk about a huge range of gorgeous dresses! any style you could think of really
30.gif

Raffaela Cuica is also amazing cant wait to go to Affective Bridal too, sighhhh way too many choices!

Brides of Melbourne is gorgeous isn''t it! And huge!!!!!!!!!! So many beautiful dresses.

I ended up finding my dream gown at Linda Gorringe Couture in Elizabeth Street. At first I thought it would be too expensive, but I was pleasently suprised. It was only a few hundred more than the dresses I were considering at BOM, and as it''s made to measure, I don''t need alterations!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results