clarity

Aussie BIW club

aprilzephyr

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 5:29:20 AM
Author: hawaiianorangetree
Date: 11/25/2009 12:29:56 AM

Author: aprilzephyr

Supergirl - I only just saw your post. Thanks so much for the welcome - I''m not Australian (but my partner is and we live in Sydney now), so I wasn''t sure if I could join the list! Our tentative date is sometime July 2010, depending on where we having the ceremony.

About the wedding dresses - I''ve done a lot of research on what is available here in Sydney, but I am wondering why Maggie Sottero dresses cost more here. For some reason, I was under the impression that MS was an Australian company??

Hi April

I have bought a Maggie Gown and it was a considerable amount more here in the bridal store than what it is online in America.. i just put it down to mark up. I''m not entirely sure but i think they are an American Company (.com web) and the dresses are made in Asia somewhere.

My order has gone from Australia to the US to China and then the dress is going from China to the US and then finally to Australia!

My dress would have done more miles than me by the time it gets here!

Ah, I found where I read this: http://www.thedymocksbuilding.com.au/sitefiles/businessdetails.asp?idBusiness=26
It reads "...Maggie Sottero Designs are created by a design team headed by Lesley Webster, one of the founders of Abbey Bridal in Australia. The Maggie Sottero label is now famous all over the world, especially in the USA and the UK. Ironically, Maggie Sottero Designs are better known internationally than they are in Australia..."

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 7:20:47 AM

Date: 11/25/2009 5:29:20 AM
Author: hawaiianorangetree

Date: 11/25/2009 12:29:56 AM

Supergirl - I only just saw your post. Thanks so much for the welcome - I''m not Australian (but my partner is and we live in Sydney now), so I wasn''t sure if I could join the list! Our tentative date is sometime July 2010, depending on where we having the ceremony.

About the wedding dresses - I''ve done a lot of research on what is available here in Sydney, but I am wondering why Maggie Sottero dresses cost more here. For some reason, I was under the impression that MS was an Australian company??

Hi April

I have bought a Maggie Gown and it was a considerable amount more here in the bridal store than what it is online in America.. i just put it down to mark up. I''m not entirely sure but i think they are an American Company (.com web) and the dresses are made in Asia somewhere.

My order has gone from Australia to the US to China and then the dress is going from China to the US and then finally to Australia!

My dress would have done more miles than me by the time it gets here!

Ah, I found where I read this: http://www.thedymocksbuilding.com.au/sitefiles/businessdetails.asp?idBusiness=26
It reads ''...Maggie Sottero Designs are created by a design team headed by Lesley Webster, one of the founders of Abbey Bridal in Australia. The Maggie Sottero label is now famous all over the world, especially in the USA and the UK. Ironically, Maggie Sottero Designs are better known internationally than they are in Australia...''
Ha! Well there you go! They should be cheaper here then shouldn''t they?? I had always just assumed they were from the US.

I think if you are happy to spend the $3000 - $4000 on a dress then you should definately go the custom route.. as much as i love my dress there was no way i was going to pay the full ticketed price for it!

aprilzephyr

Rough_Rock
^^I think I''m slowly coming to terms with this - my comparison shopping is revealing that off-the-rack is not that much cheaper than going custom for the type of dress and materials I want (or maybe I am just going to the wrong shops LoL), and I do not have the luxury of time considering the 5-8 month lead time most shops here and in the US need for ordering. But I totally see eye-to-eye with you on that front, hawaiian - why pay full price when you can have the same thing for less. I''m currently running around bargaining my way through furniture and homewares purchases with that exact mindset, and I had successes so I thought wedding dress shopping would be no different but it really has been a struggle to find something I love and of the quality I''m after off-the-rack. I am paying for the dress myself (we are paying for everything and we do not want/expect gifts/contributions) and both he and I are avid savers (though I admit we do like our travel), and while I am happy to spend the money I''ve saved for so long on something I love, I am having a hard time letting go of my "bargains" mentality. This reminds me of the time when I managed to save up for a Chanel handbag, and when the time came to buy, I chickened out. However, now that I think about it, I definitely would''ve had more use for that handbag than this dress LoL I do hope the shoes shopping will be much easier.

I would love to see your dress when it comes, hawaiian, as well as the other Aussie BIWs'' dresses. I''m not really up-to-date with the ongoings with PS, but I saw honey22 just had her wedding - I hope the weather held out for you, honey, and I can''t wait to see the photos!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
^ Yeah it is hard to come to terms on spending so much on one dress that you will more than likely only wear for 12 hours!
I would love to show some pics when the dress arrives! Still waiting though.. i was hoping it would be here b4 xmas so that i could get alterations organised while on holidays but it hasn''t even arrived in the US yet (they gave me an eta of Nov 9) and i am starting to get a little impatient!!

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
Hi All, just wanted to bump this thread because we have booked a venue and set a date!!!

I''m so excited, we''re getting married here: http://www.banjopaterson.com/specialevents.cfm in November!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
^ Lozza it looks beautiful! I can see why you are excited!!!
1.gif

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Can I play too please? I''m a Sunshine State girl.

I got engaged January 19 and we''re planning to marry in Brisbane in June/July 2011. I''ll let you all know when we have an official date
1.gif

So far I am entranced by Pronovias and Manuel Mota dresses. gls, yours is
18.gif

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 5:50:41 AM
Author: Echidna

I got engaged January 19 and we''re planning to marry in Brisbane in June/July 2011. I''ll let you all know when we have an official date
1.gif

18.gif

Of course! Welcome!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 5:40:34 PM
Author: Lozza

Can I play too please? I'm a Sunshine State girl.

I got engaged January 19 and we're planning to marry in Brisbane in June/July 2011. I'll let you all know when we have an official date
1.gif

18.gif

Of course! Welcome!

Ditto welcome :)

Also wanted to mention to Aussie brides Forever New and Valley girl currently have a really cute (small though) assortment of white headbans with flowers and bows in white and other colours which could look tottally awesomely cute with the right dress prices between 4.95-14.95 :) I am considering one if the colour matches

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
I''ll help you out!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
You guys rock!!!
9.gif
I''ll contact ZU and see what they can find in those areas...then, if they find them I''ll let the mods know, etc.!!! Woo hoo!!! Hope we can find ''em!!

gls

Shiny_Rock

1.gif

18.gif

Welcome and Congrats!!!
Pronovias make such beautiful dresses, I cant seem to find anything that matches the craftsmanship and quality in that price bracket!
Havent bought the medina yet but I think its "the one"
9.gif

Good luck with all the planning!!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 3:35:33 AM
Author: Lozza
Hi All, just wanted to bump this thread because we have booked a venue and set a date!!!

I''m so excited, we''re getting married here: http://www.banjopaterson.com/specialevents.cfm in November!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Hi Lozza,

My Dad got married there in May.. It was lovely
1.gif

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations ladies, I''m also from Oz but currently living in the US. Just a reminder that if you''re looking for unique wedding jewelery, you might want to pop over to Etsy; a lot of talented people making cool things that you can customize to go with your gown.

Cheers
5.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rock of Love I keep walking past the brisbane store in the morning and trying to see through the window if they have them - I can call them on Friday night/ Sat morn and see if they stock them for you :)

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 4:47:54 AM
Author: Deelight
Hi Rock of Love I keep walking past the brisbane store in the morning and trying to see through the window if they have them - I can call them on Friday night/ Sat morn and see if they stock them for you :)
That would be great! Whatever help you can provide is MUCH appreciated. So far have not heard back from ZU...I think I''m going to send them another message. These shoes are just perfect and I haven''t found anything else that I have liked even close to as much as these!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Rock of Love I walked past the shop and looked in the window - if it is the right ones, it wasn''t the easiest to see through the window they are currently 70% off the marked price - at least looking through the window it appeared that they are, what size are you?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Ladies, just a reminder but we do not allow buying or selling on Pricescope and this includes procuring items for others. So I apologize but we will not be passing contact information around. I have also deleted some posts that referenced contacting us to pass information along as I do not want to create the misconception that this is something we regularly do for anyone that comes across this thread later.

I'm sorry but we just cannot be involved, I am sure you understand but it would create a problem for us if this was occurring because of Pricescope and something went wrong.

If you have any questions about this please feel free to email me directly.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
Wow! I''m so sorry!! I did not realize that this would be a problem. What to do now...soooo bummed!!!
39.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
I am so sorry RoL, that is a bugger

OMG girls I found the best DIY french mani at target today I heard about it on PS before it is stick on nailpolish and now they have it here

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
10.95 and with a little practice (Well I am bad with these things) they look really good for the first attempt I am impressed and it is fairly easy

So if you want a french mani for the big day but don't want fakies this could be the answer I tried first love and well I love it :)

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 4:16:36 AM
Author: Deelight
7.gif
I am so sorry RoL, that is a bugger

OMG girls I found the best DIY french mani at target today I heard about it on PS before it is stick on nailpolish and now they have it here

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
10.95 and with a little practice (Well I am bad with these things) they look really good for the first attempt I am impressed and it is fairly easy

So if you want a french mani for the big day but don''t want fakies this could be the answer I tried first love and well I love it :)
Does it feel pretty secure? I''ve always wondered about that stick on nailpolish? Like, would it last the whole day?

On a side note...I really do want to thank you Aussie girls for all the help you offered! I ended up connecting with someone in Melbourne on ebay who has been super friendly and helpful! She is going to help me with the shoes and I''m soooo excited!! I''ll be sure to post a pic when I get ''em!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
YAY that''s awesome RoL :) *happy claps* I have been looking for US options but couldn''t find anything quite right :)

I ahve stick on nailpolish day two and it still feels awesome for the first time applying it still looks good - I think with more practice it would be better but I love it for a french mani definitly :)

loveisblind

Rough_Rock
Hi may I join your thread.

I am a Sydneysider and my wedding is on the 20th Feb ( 2 weeks..ahh!)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
sure can :) wow 2wks it is nearly here :) how exciting
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Welcome loveisblind! Where about''s in Sydney are you getting married? We spent a few days there on our honeymoon, such a beautiful city!

loveisblind

Rough_Rock
Newport.. on Sydney''s Northern Beaches.. been there?

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
Newport is lovely - good luck!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 2:29:43 AM
Author: loveisblind
Newport.. on Sydney''s Northern Beaches.. been there?

No I don''t think I have, but I have spent a bit of time when we were younger on the NSW north coast and lower. Such beautiful beaches.

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
:wavey: I thought I might resurrect this thread. Any other Brides-In-Waiting in Aus??

We have pencilled in a date in June 2011 but aren't actually engaged yet (ring is still being made) so our planning time is going to be tight!

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Oooh - I'm a BIW.
Planning a wedding for July 2011 in Koh Samui. Found a venue, just need to organise now - and figure out who wants to come.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results