shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone Used Wax Seals on Outside of Invites?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I just made 50 monogram wax seals (faux wax, as it is supposed to survive through the mail better)
to put on the outer envelopes of our invitations-

I heard from one person that even with hand cancelling, they can still get jammed up in the machines and ruin the invitation-
then I''ve heard from several other people/boards that they go through the mail just fine.

We don''t have inner envelopes or else I would put them on the outside-

Looking for anyone with a story about wax seals- advice?

thanks

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I''d put seals on inner envelopes but not exterior ones.
I can''t imagine they would get through the machines these days.

Just my .02

Scintillating....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm...I doubt they would make it on the outer. I see REGULAR mail so beat up I am not sure I would risk it. Could you design a sticker with your monogram instead?

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I did a trial run today by sending myself an invite with 3 seals on the outside, attached different ways.

We shall see,
I really wanted the wax seal vs. a sticker as it''s more in keeping with the rustic/vintage feel of our invites.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have used them on X-mas cards before but am not sure how they held up. I always melt mine directly on the envelope. How are you attaching yours?

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I did a trial run today, mailed myself an invite with 3 seals attached- 1 is attached by using more of the melted wax, one using a glue dot and one with double sided tape.

Now that I know how easy it is to make them with the glue gun, I''m sort of wishing I did them right on the envelope- we''ll see- if I decide that''s how they should go, I might just re-do them all- surprising how obsessive I''ve become with only 9 weeks left!!!

I should have sample back by tomorrow so I''ll have to report back

:)

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Hope it had enough distance and a multitude of machines to encounter, if you mailed it in your own city, it may not got through enough rigors.

You may also consider priority mailing one to POSTMASTER inside an outer envelope...say a really large city, or the furtherest location your invitation should travel. Tell him of your trial and ask him to post it for you...ofcourse it should be post paid. I would take 6 days...and it looks like you don''t have much more to play with.

But I post this suggestion so someone else might use it.

DKS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results