shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Ring box

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
My FI and I don''t like ring pillows and would really prefer a lovely ring box, but I am not finding anything I like, so I was hoping you lovely ladies might help me.

It can be antique or a reproduction. Our favorite is Art Nouveau, but as that can be hard to come by, Victorian is great to.

I has to be able to hold at least two rings

I would really like to spend less than $100 and don''t mind cheap peweter or bronze

I would prefer a metal or wood exterior

Thank you ladies for all your help. Now that I am getting into the home strech, I am losing steam but still have so many details to consider and you are always a great help

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a pillow girl either. I used a beaded silk box and am so glad I did as our ring bearer was better able to hold and present the rings and they didn''t have a chance to escape. He was so proud to say "I have the REAL RINGS!!!"

Is this the kind of box you''re looking for? I think it''s really lovely, but don''t like the term "casket". Art Nouveau jewelry casket

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I was hoping for something without the feet and that has the ridges to hold the rings so they will show up better in pictures, but the look is right otherwise.

I feel weird about the feet because that makes it look too much like a jewelry box for personal use. I only find this wierd because my brother is the ring bearer and I almost feel like there is something subservient about bringing me a personal jewelry box. That probably doesn''t make any sense, but I am "the good child" and I don''t want to do anything to make my brother feel looked down on when he is isn''t and in fact, he is doing so well.

I should really just ask him.

I love the interior of this one, too bad it is $450.

GOR158B.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I really like that one!

Maybe you could build your own interior if you find one you really like that doesn''t have the inserts? I would think all it would take is some foam and some velvet. We didn''t have inserts in ours, but our photographer also forgot to take pics of the rings in the box so it didn''t matter anyway.

I get what you''re saying about the feet... but depending on how he''s holding it, nobody would really see them anyway.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
This is new, but heavily decorated. The company has a few different options. Not quite as cool as the antiques, but thought I''d throw it out there. New Sterling Ring Box

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with sumbride. If you find a lovely box without the interior, you can easily build one. I was thinking the same thing...foam and velvet! Take a big block of foam that will fit in the box, carve out a line in the middle where the rings will sit. Cover with velvet!

We also found the same silver jewerly box. I found it through faycullen for $140. Victorian style. Maybe?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 12:17:07 PM
Author: CrownJewel
I'm with sumbride. If you find a lovely box without the interior, you can easily build one. I was thinking the same thing...foam and velvet! Take a big block of foam that will fit in the box, carve out a line in the middle where the rings will sit. Cover with velvet!

We also found the same silver jewerly box. I found it through faycullen for $140. Victorian style. Maybe?
CJ: Did you notice that this is the same exact one that sumbride put up a little higher (under "Sterling Silver" link), yet the proce difference?!? Woahh... suggested retail price my butt!!

ETA: Difference isn't as bad as originally thoughts... but still $220?? No way...

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
meresal, I saw sumbride''s post too. But I was too lazy to figure out which was less expensive. 81 pounds is about $160 USD, so the one from faycullen is a little better. But yeah, their SRP is always obscene.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
This one is also really pretty but I can''t tell if it is hinged or lined. goldtone box

For your shopping convenience, here''s a photo.

goldtoneboxforbrazen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results