shape
carat
color
clarity

Another last name problem

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone,

It has been forever since I have posted . . . life has been very very hectic but I have been occasionally lurking.

So, I was reading the thread about announcements and invitations and have a slightly more complicated version of the same problem.

I have my PhD and hence am Dr.hikerchick, however, FI never went to college (he did graduate HS). This has been an issue for my parents since the start and though they have come around to accepting my decision to marry FI and they see the love and joy between us, it is still a bit of a "sticky" situation. Most of the time I downplay my degree so as not to draw any further attention to the "imbalance" in our education. However, I am not changing my last name, for numerous personal reasons and professional reasons.

To this end, we have decided to use just our first names on the invitations but I am now uncertain how to deal with the announcement. I would like do the official announcement but would it sound strange to just say "Please welcome our newly married couple, Boy_Firstname and Girl_Firstname" without any last names or any titles?

Do you think it would be too awkward for the guests or us to use Mr. boy first and last and Dr. girl first and last
I am torn and am not sure how best to handle the situation. Thanks for any input.

- hikerchick

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I think that sounds fine.

To be honest, people tend to start clapping straight away so they probably wouldn''t even notice you didn''t have a surname in there.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s fine to just do first names. I don''t think people will notice at the reception at all. I wouldn''t notice...

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t change my last name. On our invitations we had both our first and last names and when we were announced for the reception we just used our first names.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t change my last name either for professional reasons. Howevcer "socially" I take his last name. So on all my documents and at work I''m Dr. Maiden name. At social functions I''m Mrs. His last name. So at our wedding we were announced Mr. and Mrs. His lat name. If you are worried about your family being unhappy that even if officially you keep your name you''re called Mrs his lat lame, I think the first names sound fine. And ditto whoever said ppl start clapping and pay no attention to what the announcer said. I''m assuming most ppl at your wedding know ya''ll so already know ya''lls names and therefore will prob not paying the slightest mind. They''ll be clapping and more exctied to see you make your entrance, vying for a good view instead
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results