shape
carat
color
clarity

An update...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
so many times have i started writing an update - but either leave it, delete it or just never get round to finishing the post.. but tis time...i think

As some will remember, we got engaged back in April - then we started looking at planning - until in May our idiots of a council decided they wanted to flatter ours, and 300 other homes in our village - its taken us all summer to stop the plans (the scheme collapsed by the end of June/early July when 500 people turned up to a public meeting to discuss the plans with the idiots behind the plan - and through July and August we where tied up making sure demolision was off the adgenda, as well as a the work that may go on is what the village wants not want the council decides it wants us to have, not to mention joining up with many other residents groups who in total are fighting at a National level against our goverments scheme to demolish 100,000-500,000 homes across the North of England - from Liverpool to Kingston upon Hull, Stoke on trent to Newcastle upon Tyne- just to give you an idea of scale we are up against

seems the tide is turning, are we the residents are winning slowly - but hey ho thats another post....

with the final throes of the scheme in Stacksteads faiding away and the consultants spending the last of the areas funding of daft ideas of ''ecohomes'' built under ground in a wildlife preserve by the River Irwells flood defense measures... we felt it was time to get back on with the wedding planning...

so over the last couple of weeks our attention has returned to the pressing matter - last night we went for a meeting with the Vicar of my old Church... and as a result - the church is booked, and a date set (as you''ll see from Caroline''s (Ironlace) post in the Brides in Waiting) for Friday 19th May 2006

Reception is sorted as well - Caz'' folks back garden - since we are going for small and intimate. A workmate who is a classic car fan is acting as chauffer for her to take her to the church in a Jaguar MkII

We went for a first look at wedding dresses last weekend for some ideas on shapes and styles... and this weekend will be heading over to another bespoke bouteque to try on some gowns there - something a little different than the usual white/ivory gown...

so there you go :)

hopefully i''ll get back into posting here a bit more in the near future.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!
36.gif
36.gif
I''m so glad to hear the news about your neighborhood!! See what can happen when people get together!
9.gif

And Congrats on the wedding plans. Sounds like everything is coming along smoothly!!

Please keep us updated, and you know, we do love pics
2.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
oh yes - forgot to add

our family has grown too...

we''ve gone from 2 little uns to 5! and they are cute as!
9.gif

piccies will come

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oh hooray for your home! what a relief that things are turning around!!

congrats on the date and locations... sounds wonderful!!!
36.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
ok - 2 quick piccies:

the church from the front -
763102b.JPG

and the back
763102a.JPG

I have been going there since birth...

inital ideas for honeymoon is to stay here for the weekend.. then camp somewhere in wales for the rest of the week :)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
That church is very lovely.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm did write a reply last night, but it seems to have gone missing - ahh well.

basically the church (without refering back to my history book on the church) - dates back to 1515, thats when the stone church you see in the pics was built, before that there was a wooden chapel on the site. The church was later extended with a wing for a local wealthy family in the 19th C. this is the wing you can see behind the cross grave stone. This wing now houses the Organ.

and it was later extended with the addition of the Choir Vestrey in the 1950s or 60s this is the wee extension with the yellow door.

We have records going back to at least 1499

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The church is just beautiful what a rich history it has. So glad about your house and the wedding plans sound great.
1.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
and as and update -

shes thinking of this:
3943_500x500.jpg

or
372_500x500.jpg

as the dress...

and for me
this:
allerton_jacket_500x500.jpg

or
404_500x500.jpg

as my jacket

9.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE THIS IDEA.. oh I wish I could have a wedding like this.. as a matter a fact.. I wish quite a bit.. these are some of my favorites I had saved. My Wedding dress was not quite as medievil.. but I still ended up with the high waist and bell sleeves.

bellsleevegown.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
LS- I love that second white dress and the second purple jacket!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2005 7:56:45 PM
Author: MINE!!
edressfrony.jpg

Here is the fron to last dress

she liked this one the best out of those posted :) wheres it from?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Hey... Sorry I did not see this sooner.. here is the link
http://www.fashionsintime.com/html/lotr-eowyn.html

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results