shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I bad for wanting this to be OVER already!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IndiBlue

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been engaged since January and am just now starting to even think about a planning a wedding and am getting so over whelmed!!!

I''d love to just go away get married and come home but my FI is an only child and his parents wouldn''t be so keen on that idea- so that idea is out the window....

Don''t get me wrong- I want to be the bell of the ball, but planing it all + my internship + school is leaving me feeling over whelmed!!!

Just venting a little!

IndiBlue

Shiny_Rock
Although, that sounds lovely...Unfortunately I''m paying for my own wedding that definately does not fit in my budget!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Why not have a simple wedding, family only, at home or in a church or a court house? There''s nothing wrong with going simple. Then you could have a bigger party if you want after the stress of school is over. I feel like a lot of the details in weddings are superfluous anyways! Fun, but superfluous
2.gif
Just trim down to what you can handle and get lots of help from family and friends.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Indie,
You''re not alone.
You should look into some of the destination wedding options. Several Pricescoper brides have opted for it.
You can do it at an all inclusive resort, their planners really put it all together for you.
Look at Brighspot''s lovely wedding.
I think that Chickflick is doing a cruise.
I am doing a destination wedding, all of our family is coming, it''s just a lot less stress for me because I don''t have to book vendors, etc, they have them all connected through the resort.

Think about it, but know you are not alone. It took ME forever to get started! It was so DAUNTING! It really gets easier, I promise.

Tybee

IndiBlue

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the encouragement Ladies!

I really like your idea of having a simple wedding with a bigger party once our school scheduals allow. I''m gonna have to look into that!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 3:13:18 PM
Author: IndiBlue
I really like your idea of having a simple wedding with a bigger party once our school scheduals allow. I''m gonna have to look into that!
That is a good idea in several ways. My DH and I often joke that we want to attend our own reception as nobodies. We enjoyed our reception, but with all the pictures, cutting the cake etc., somehow it flies by and you feel like you wish you could do it over or spend more time, but without all the flurry. Of course you would still be the center of attention at the "bigger party" but still, if it''s not really your wedding day, you would probably enjoy it more. Plus with the more intimate wedding, you would get to enjoy your wedding day and guests. It seems you could get the best of both worlds to some extent with this plan!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results